IGNORED

Ashton Vale Mediation

bristolcitysweden

The council are looking for a compromise. As the stadium itself will only take up 1/3 of the site it shoulden't be a problem if our opponents only could accept the stadium :flowers:

"Council leader Barbara Janke, Labour leader Helen Holland and Conservative leader Geoff Gollop said they had asked the applicants for town green status and the landowners to consider whether both the football stadium and using part of the site for recreation was possible."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12009162

This could be a good thing, the only thing i can see backfiring is if the tvg lot wont accept any compromise or even talk about it.

We all know that they are only doing this to stop the stadium.

I wonder also if the council is leaning towards this tvg thing now as we no longer have the world cup as leverage.

The council are looking for a compromise. As the stadium itself will only take up 1/3 of the site it shoulden't be a problem if our opponents only could accept the stadium :flowers:

"Council leader Barbara Janke, Labour leader Helen Holland and Conservative leader Geoff Gollop said they had asked the applicants for town green status and the landowners to consider whether both the football stadium and using part of the site for recreation was possible."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-12009162

all well and good....the only snag is that the nimbys clearly arent into having land for recreation (they dont use the 'village green' now)....they just dont want a stadium anywhere nearby

This could be a good thing, the only thing i can see backfiring is if the tvg lot wont accept any compromise or even talk about it.

We all know that they are only doing this to stop the stadium.

I wonder also if the council is leaning towards this tvg thing now as we no longer have the world cup as leverage.

The Long Ashton Parishman was asked does he want a Stadium Built there? As he keeps moving the goalposts.

He replied after hesitation, "NO I DO NOT!"

So how is mediation going to work????

Hold on, why's some ****** from Long Ashton getting involved?

This could be a good thing, but I can't help but think the NIMBYs will have certain agitators on their ear telling them to say no.

If they refuse to compromise, surely the council (who will make this ruling) will see the ***** for what they really are and give US the ruling, citing that the VG rule wasn't put in place to block legitimate building.

Here's hoping.

I think they now have to grab the hand that has been outstretched from the first day the stadium was discussed.

If not they will be blatantly penetrated and lose the case. They simply have no choice.

The stadium only take up 1/3 of the land so exactly where would you like it to be situated on the site?

A compromise from our side could be to dig down the lower tier of the stadium. With economic help from the council of course. This has been the solution in Stockholm in one case were there was a concern that the stadium would stand out to much compared to the neighbourhood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-12009162

Whistling in the dark, I'm afraid, and a sign of how desperate the council are becoming. The residents don't want to compromise and they don't need to. All they need to do is say no and make the council decide. If the council go against their advisor and deny the TVG application then it more than likely it will go to judicial review, which would almost certainly find for the residents. Stupid and unfair it might be but that's the law and the worst of it is it won't cost the residents a penny - all funded by the council unfortunately.

The council need to contribute if not the housing, conference facilities, hotels etc. don't cover the extra cost.

A hughe hole can't be that expensive.

and I have not been on the Swedish vodka ;)

extra excavation

extra engineering to have it underground

extra reinforcement so the stands support a roof

extra engineering for a sliding roof

extra cost of a roof.

it would run to millions. The council wont contribute. If you think they will you've been on something stronger than vodka.

extra excavation

extra engineering to have it underground

extra reinforcement so the stands support a roof

extra engineering for a sliding roof

extra cost of a roof.

it would run to millions. The council wont contribute. If you think they will you've been on something stronger than vodka.

In Stockholm the council stand the whole cost and then lease the stadium out to the clubowner long time.

You forgot extra income ;)

Whistling in the dark, I'm afraid, and a sign of how desperate the council are becoming. The residents don't want to compromise and they don't need to. All they need to do is say no and make the council decide. If the council go against their advisor and deny the TVG application then it more than likely it will go to judicial review, which would almost certainly find for the residents. Stupid and unfair it might be but that's the law and the worst of it is it won't cost the residents a penny - all funded by the council unfortunately.

Thankfully it's not quite that clear cut, there are options open to the council - this is one of them - and many reasons a judicial review can go against the applicants since this is common law and there are precedents which could be used. In particular I believe there is one on dogwalking not being considered recreation.

If they refuse to compromise, surely the council (who will make this ruling) will see the ***** for what they really are and give US the ruling, citing that the VG rule wasn't put in place to block legitimate building.

Here's hoping.

Fingers crossed. :fingerscrossed:

Then, hopefully after building the stadium, Steve Lansdown builds a banger racing track and a speedway track at the end of the land nearest to the residents. Let them stick that in there pipe and smoke it. In fact i hope he wacks up a couple of big ugly rusty tower blocks there too just to piss them off more.

I think it was stated earlier in this long drawn out saga, that if either side wanted to appeal after the Council made their decision had to fund their case. In the event that the party appealling lost then they also had to cover the costs of the other side. Must admit not 100% certain on this one, nut sure that what was said somewhere earlier.

Here's hoping.

I think the council know that and are playing a very very clever game to cut down on appeals etc.

They've offered to compromise, so if its accepted the ground will go ahead - we'll be happy and the nimbys will also say they have won a minor victory too. If it isn't then the nimbys are seen as obstructive and unreasonable and will be treated as such which will strengthen the councils decision to offer it to us.

BUT, If the council don't offer a compromise before making their decision to give it to us then you can guarantee the nimbys will appeal on the basis that they weren't even offered a compromise.

This offer can only do the cause good

In Stockholm the council stand the whole cost and then lease the stadium out to the clubowner long time.

You forgot extra income ;)

Indeed, and then that extra income could be used to benefit Bristol taxpayers maybe even reducing levels of council tax!!!! Just a thought.

As an Ashton Vale resident, the TVG app' was put in to stop the stadium and nothing else. This came from a member of the bizzarely run Ashton Vale Heritage Group. She told me that in no uncertain terms they want the stadium, got some great advice and got people to send old photo's of the using the site.

Now, this is where it gets interesting as the photo's are from the 80's with the odd photo taken in the 90's and balloon fiesta photo's. There are also photo's taken of ONE family who took a blanket out to sit on and take photo's of them enjoy their one and likely, only day out at the site.

More interestingly is, there has never, ever been a residents meet/fiesta/party/community fair in the entire time I have lived at the Vale (over 10 years). I have been to a community fair at Ashton Vale Community Centre at the top of Silbury and I must admit, it was excellent. But they could have held this at the TVG site....or could they?????

Yes, animals grazed, people walk dogs and kids do play...at the Wetlands part of the site, which is used a lot in the summer may I add. BUT, this is the part that will be developed and improved, in my opinion, 100%.

Will they compromise, maybe...but I doubt it as these people are stubborn, very stubborn and admit they are Nimbys so I expect they won't budge. Unless someone spoke in their ear and said it's in your interest and then maybe, just maybe they might.

MM

Indeed, and then that extra income could be used to benefit Bristol taxpayers maybe even reducing levels of council tax!!!! Just a thought.

Without the councils funding we would not see a new stadium in Stockholm. The lease is very beneficial for the lessee.

We are not lucky enough to have a Steve Lansdown.

Archived