IGNORED

Ashton Vale Mediation

bristolcitysweden

• SC&T Board Members

I think it was stated earlier in this long drawn out saga, that if either side wanted to appeal after the Council made their decision had to fund their case. In the event that the party appealling lost then they also had to cover the costs of the other side. Must admit not 100% certain on this one, nut sure that what was said somewhere earlier.

Correct

I think the council know that and are playing a very very clever game to cut down on appeals etc.

They've offered to compromise, so if its accepted the ground will go ahead - we'll be happy and the nimbys will also say they have won a minor victory too. If it isn't then the nimbys are seen as obstructive and unreasonable and will be treated as such which will strengthen the councils decision to offer it to us.

BUT, If the council don't offer a compromise before making their decision to give it to us then you can guarantee the nimbys will appeal on the basis that they weren't even offered a compromise.

This offer can only do the cause good

Exactly what I was going to say! This is 100% my take on it.

I must admit that I am now confused by this so called compromise suggestion. I understood that once the TVG application had been made then there is nothing that can stop it proceeding to either an acceptance or refusal. Even if the NIMBYS for want of a better description had a change of heart and wanted to withdraw their application for TVG status, they can't. It has to run it's course now that the legal process has begun.

At least that's what I thought the situation was, so I don't see how any sort of deal, compromise or scheme revision can have any effect. The ruling has to be reached on the TVG application duly made, or does it??

And to SwedishTomy, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that the council will stump any more significant money towards the project, over and above what they have already budgeted for. Have you not heard local authorities are cutting services left right and centre to save money, and Bristol is no exception!

Sounds to me like this could be the best news we've had on this subject since the summer. The club statement suggests that the evidence is there for the council to turn this down. It strikes me that this is an appeal to the TVG applicants to come to the table and have this explained to them. Hopefully the evidence is strong enough to make a high court challenge pointless and expensive for the TVG group. Lets hope at this potential meeting, the council convince the the TVG group to not to pursue an appeal and the club offer some further sweetners to seal the deal.

If so dig it down even more or build it entirely under ground level with a glass roof so that it can be used all year around.

Conference facilities etc. can be built beside or around the glass roof.

I think the Voles might have something to say about that.. what about their rights! So let me get this straight; the VGers agree to submerging of the stand in question at the cost of killing off additional wildlife; hardly a green and caring solution; rank hypocracy i say.

The plan, also, already includes for a large open space so this idea of a compromise is already being offered in the plan.. sounds like a load of nonsense to me.

I think it was stated earlier in this long drawn out saga, that if either side wanted to appeal after the Council made their decision had to fund their case. In the event that the party appealling lost then they also had to cover the costs of the other side. Must admit not 100% certain on this one, nut sure that what was said somewhere earlier.

???????????????????????????

Love it! MEDIATION?

These people dont give a flying toss about a village green, a place to walk their dogs or whatever you want to call it. This is a legal loophole for all the NIMBY's who dont want the stadium.

If the stadium only takes up a third of the area then give them their village green and sod mediation. Sorry if this sounds harsh but the legal challenge has nothing to do with a stadium being situated on this land the legal challenge as I understand it is that this land has a public use in the form of a park, recreation, dog walking etc etc form if land is still available the challenge has no argument surely

Love it! MEDIATION?

These people dont give a flying toss about a village green, a place to walk their dogs or whatever you want to call it. This is a legal loophole for all the NIMBY's who dont want the stadium.

If the stadium only takes up a third of the area then give them their village green and sod mediation. Sorry if this sounds harsh but the legal challenge has nothing to do with a stadium being situated on this land the legal challenge as I understand it is that this land has a public use in the form of a park, recreation, dog walking etc etc form if land is still available the challenge has no argument surely

No, it has nothing to do with a village green. The blue haired ladies and their impotent old gits are only out to protect the neglectable value of their ramshackle buildings.

Why care about progress.

It would increase by the way..

No, it has nothing to do with a village green. The blue haired ladies and their impotent old gits are only out to protect the neglectable value of their ramshackle buildings.

Why care about progress.

It would increase by the way..

Perhaps Meditation would solve the problem?

Get a handful of the Nimbys together with SL, Sexstone and Guy whatshisname to sit in quiet thought on the site. Eventually they would reach a state of peace with each other and the problem will be solved. The NIMBYs would come to understand that their actions had caused a huge amount of bad karma in the area and they needed to stop.

Perhaps Meditation would solve the problem?

Get a handful of the Nimbys together with SL, Sexstone and Guy whathis name to sit in quiet thought on the site. Eventually they would reach a state of peace with each other and the problem will be solved. The NIMBYs would come to understand that their actions had caused a huge amount of bad karma in the area and they needed to stop.

Guy Price, a good cup of tea and they will melt like sugar.

As i understood it once the application was submitted it had to be heard, this is, after all a, legal process, not a legislative one. Unless of course, someone with the ability and the clout to see sense is able to knock this farce on the head and allow some sort of mediation to take place.

Unfortunately, mediation implies there are two sides wanting to talk and that there is a middle ground waiting to be reached. I think we`re all too aware that the applicants have only one objective and thats not having a lovely nature reserve included in the stadium plans......oh wait.....that was already there..

PDG

As i understood it once the application was submitted it had to be heard, this is, after all a, legal process, not a legislative one. Unless of course, someone with the ability and the clout to see sense is able to knock this farce on the head and allow some sort of mediation to take place.

Unfortunately, mediation implies there are two sides wanting to talk and that there is a middle ground waiting to be reached. I think we`re all too aware that the applicants have only one objective and thats not having a lovely nature reserve included in the stadium plans......oh wait.....that was already there..

PDG

What are you on about????

Archived