IGNORED

If The Season Could Finish On Weds

pictureonthewall

would we all be happy take a safe finish or does anyone REALLY think that we can be consistant enough to trouble the play offs. given the start we have had i would be interested to hear peoples comments, remember this is totally hypothetical and only meant to guage opinion on whether we think we are good enough to go higher or be down in the dumps all season

I wouldn't finish tomorrow as Cardiff would be up.......

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't. I believe we will finish higher than we are now without doubt and will firmly be achnored at least in the top half at end of season,

Can we make the play-offs? I honestly don't know, at the moment we are inconstant but much improved, when Maynard and the defence are back fit and if we can get someone quality in midfield, then I feel that we will be as good as anyone in the division.

I wouldn't finish tomorrow as Cardiff would be up.......

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't. I believe we will finish higher than we are now without doubt and will firmly be achnored at least in the top half at end of season,

Can we make the play-offs? I honestly don't know, at the moment we are inconstant but much improved, when Maynard and the defence are back fit and if we can get someone quality in midfield, then I feel that we will be as good as anyone in the division.

I'd take safety in an instant. We are only a half decent side at the moment. Our strike force will be fine when Maynards back fit (but that could be another 6 weeks) We have poor options in midfield , Alberts doing ok on the wing but is still coming to terms with Championship football. Our back line is currently being led by an 18 year old (a very good one mind)

Full back positions need adressing quickly LB is a matter of urgency now that JMc is injured. I like Ribs but we need cover , not Hunt and definitley not Skuse. It will be interesting to see who comes in during the window and even more interesting to see who goes. Hopefully 2 players in with enough quality to help us through to the end of the season , then we have a major rebuilding job to do. I dread to think how many players we will need to sign in the summer if James , Caulker and Rose all go

I'd love this season to finish now. As i still believe we will be relegated. I'm totally fed up with how this whole season has turned out, and the constant bloody stadium issues that have totally caused extra problems that have had, imo, an effect on the playing side.

I'm all for progress, but i feel we have been very hasty and as a Club are trying to run, before we have even found our feet in this division. We've taken it too lightly, and it's come back and slapped us. Because of our good first year up, we have behaved as a Club, like one of those wannabe Chavs you see on X factor, that has no talent, but feels they have a devine right to Glory.

Take away DJ, Stead, Maynard and Caulker...then we are left with a poor,poor side.

If we do stay up, then i think it will take at least another 2 years to get back to being anything like an average side in this division.

How anyone in their right mind could think Promotion with the set up we have now, could be beneficial in the long term to this Club, remains a mystery to me.

Results aren't the be all and end all of football.

Football is an entertainment business, without the fans the clubs wouldn't exist.

I goto football to be entertained, I want all the thrills and spills of a full season, if it was just about results I'd follow another team where the results are "pretty much" guaranteed!

I'd love this season to finish now. As i still believe we will be relegated. I'm totally fed up with how this whole season has turned out, and the constant bloody stadium issues that have totally caused extra problems that have had, imo, an effect on the playing side.

I'm all for progress, but i feel we have been very hasty and as a Club are trying to run, before we have even found our feet in this division. We've taken it too lightly, and it's come back and slapped us. Because of our good first year up, we have behaved as a Club, like one of those wannabe Chavs you see on X factor, that has no talent, but feels they have a devine right to Glory.

Take away DJ, Stead, Maynard and Caulker...then we are left with a poor,poor side.

If we do stay up, then i think it will take at least another 2 years to get back to being anything like an average side in this division.

How anyone in their right mind could think Promotion with the set up we have now, could be beneficial in the long term to this Club, remains a mystery to me.

So are you going to wembley by coach or train? :innocent06:

We won't go up, but what I find amazing is that some people can be so fickle, one week we are amazing, next dreadful.

We are average championship team at the moment whose had a big management turnaround and a lot of players injured for spells.

Carery, Ribiero, Hunt, Fontaine, Cisse, , Skuse and Maynard have all had problems at one time or another and just as we ate getting to some form we lose another player, first Carey, with BBQ, then Stewart and hunt being crap, then carey out again, then fonts and now Macca.

If we can get people fit, we stand a great chance of top 10 or play offs, going up.....unlikely but hey look at Blackpool

I'll say though if we did go up, we have a much better squad than last play off final

Results aren't the be all and end all of football.

Tell that to every manager that gets sacked

Football is an entertainment business, without the fans the clubs wouldn't exist.

True

I goto football to be entertained, I want all the thrills and spills of a full season, if it was just about results I'd follow another team where the results are "pretty much" guaranteed!

would you be happy if we lost every game 4-5 and went down?

would you be happy if we lost every game 4-5 and went down?

This has been done to death many times on this forum, why does it have to be exclusively a) bad perfornances with a good result or b) Good performances with a bad result ????

All I'm saying is, where or what would you be doing between this Wednesday and August next year ie. the next seven months, because if we finished this week there'd be no football and nothing to do on a Saturday, and as I say, I like to be entertained on a Saturday and enjoy the whole experience of watching City, not just when the results suit us.

In fact forget it, I suggest every season, if we win our opening game quite convincingly, should we ask for the season to end there and then because that'd guarantee us promotion or the title, how boring would that be? But at least we'd ge the results !!!

So are you going to wembley by coach or train? :innocent06:

We won't go up, but what I find amazing is that some people can be so fickle, one week we are amazing, next dreadful.

We are average championship team at the moment whose had a big management turnaround and a lot of players injured for spells.

Carery, Ribiero, Hunt, Fontaine, Cisse, , Skuse and Maynard have all had problems at one time or another and just as we ate getting to some form we lose another player, first Carey, with BBQ, then Stewart and hunt being crap, then carey out again, then fonts and now Macca.

If we can get people fit, we stand a great chance of top 10 or play offs, going up.....unlikely but hey look at Blackpool

I'll say though if we did go up, we have a much better squad than last play off final

We might have a better squad on paper, but we are no way playing better than that team that got us to the play offs, regardless of injuries. Apart from Maynard and perhaps Fontaine, the others you mention are hardly pulling up Trees.

We have ground out a few results recently, but when have we dominated a game this season? I haven't come away from a game this season, ever, feeling confident in that we have turned the corner.

Archived