IGNORED

Radio Bristol Callers

beaverface

I thought he was the only one who could go past players with the ball, he didn't always use it well, but there were others who deserved to go off instead of him, we created more with him on the pitch than we did when he went off.

Well that's untrue, we scored after he went off and Rose put the best and only cross in from the left hand side all afternoon.

Agree 100%. totally ruined any chance of any passing moves, held on to the ball far to long.

It's fine sucking in 2 or 3 defenders but you have to release the ball to the then unmarked players. I sit in the lower Dolman and also was mystified by the upper Dolman boos.

But that's exactly what he did do today. So, you were either drunk, blind, or you were sitting behind Frank Sidebottom, which is it?

I thought JCR had a good game today. He did have his moments when he went past one too many players, and usually sideways across the pitch, but I can't help but feel that we because the was simply no movement or options for him to lay the ball off to. He looked good on the ball and comfortable in taking players on. If he is going to start regularly on the left though, he really needs to work on his left foot, or doing something other than beating his man on the outside, only to cut back and try and use his right foot.

He's never going to be your typical 'get to the byline and cross' type winger because he has absolutely no intention of using his left foot. Given a bit of confidence though, I think he could really cause a few defences problems when he cuts in and looks to play someone else in, or get a shot away. Neither of which happened enough today admittedly.

The question I'm asking myself is who is more effective JCR or Rose? When JCR picks up the ball i believe he can do something and create openings. Whereas, Rose in previous games just doesn't seem to create anything whatsoever. However, Rose did put in a fantastic ball late on which unfortunately no one got on the end of.

I do think we will progress in this league based on a fully-fit defense and what Keith can do in January.

Priorities for me:-

1. Creative Midfielder

2. Left Back

3. Left winger (again!! :laugh:)

And of course a certain Mr. Maynard might help a bit.

Onwards and upwards. :chant6ez:

What the hell does he have to do to please some fans? he was excellent, our best player by a mile and millen took him off!! what a joke. I bet you would of rather had Rose playing instead aye? (haha)

So what impressed you so much about jcr today? all he does is run down blind allys doing step over after step over. He has no end product at all, so if your that happy with a show pony that does'nt produce then i worry about your sanity mate.

JCR played very well today and i was shocked to see him come off, sadly i thought Stead was off his game today and plkayed worse when put out on the left which i couldnt understand but maybe because he had Haynes next to him who i thought was awful, Always offside literally by miles. Good see to see Pitman come on and score the winner, We didnt hardly create any chances and i am more than happy for a point! Danns and scannell was the only palace players that stood out.

Beaverface,me and you must have both been sat behind Frank!! We obviously didn't see this world class performance by Jcr today!!

Listen, I'm not going to get into a slagging match with anyone, but the way we see it is at complete opposite ends of the spectrum to a load of our other fans, and it's theirs and our perogative. The problem I have is when the fans boo Keith Millen and then phone in the local radio station.

Something must have been right about the decision because we went on to gain a point after JCR went off - can't remember too many chances he created !!!

Am I the only one who thought JCR didn't play well today? Everytime he had the ball he didn't take on his man and just kept going round and round in circles.

I was baffled when the crowd his booed his substitution !

I assumed that the crowd were booing because it was patently obvious that Haynes should have been the one to go off.

Goodness knows why Haynes started, he isn't a great goalscorer and he certainly didn't look match fit.

KMs decision making is becoming a huge and worrying puzzle to me.

So what impressed you so much about jcr today? all he does is run down blind allys doing step over after step over. He has no end product at all, so if your that happy with a show pony that does'nt produce then i worry about your sanity mate.

He was the only creative spark we had on the pitch, everything was running through him! his passes would ALWAYS find a red shirt, he held onto the ball well and made some excellent runs! he was our best player on the pitch and its no suprise that when he went off we had no creativity atall!

Some people aye, cant see talent even if its hitting them in the face.

He was the only creative spark we had on the pitch, everything was running through him! his passes would ALWAYS find a red shirt, he held onto the ball well and made some excellent runs! he was our best player on the pitch and its no suprise that when he went off we had no creativity atall!

Abdomah is talent and he was are only attacking threat. He got behind their defence and he took on players getting shots and crosses in, JCR didn't. Yes he got the ball a lot but what did he do with it ... NOTHING! No end product, can't beat a player and goes sideways.

I think most were baffled the fact JCR was coming off as you could at least see him trying hard and I thought most thought either a central midfielder or Haynes would come off. Haynes is no goal poacher and when he isn't creating chances e.g splitting defences with his pace no point having him on.

Remind me of all the excellent crosses he put into the box, or maybe the slide rule passes he made to split open the defence? How about the times he skinned the full back to get into a crossing position or the amazing shots he had???! He just held onto the ball and went round and round in cirlcles and held our play up - he needs to be more direct and penetrating.

What he offered wasn't talent, but just the ability to slow our counter attacking football down. Yes there are times when you need somebody to put their foot on the ball and buy us some time, but generally thats what wasn't needed yesterday!!

Ah the old Radio Bristol callers, I do enjoy them.

Tell you what though, I am in Melbourne at the moment and their talkback puts our callers to shame today.

Ponting out, Clarke out, Katich out, Chappell out, tea lady out.

Basically if you go with their talk back callers the 5th test would be Michael Hussey, Brad Haddin and 9 blokes on debut.

Archived