IGNORED

We Need A Creative Central Midfielder

tinman-is-god

True. None in the same 'im gonna run at you very fast and probably set up a goal or score' mould.

Noble was class but lacked the zippy pace needed.

Williams was at Yeovil, but has just never got going at City, I'm still in the camp that he's never had a good run in the team in the middle, but if it's not had it by now, he never will.

Carle was defaintely like that in Oz, but just never brought it to Europe.

Hartley - not that type of player, but best of the bunch without doubt, shame coppell let him go without a fight, I'd have made him see his deal out,

I know this is stating the obvious, but the need is immediate. Palace sat back 2nd half with virtually a back eight and we had a lot of possession, but what we didn't have was anyone who could actually use the ball effectively. LJ tries but invariably fails and it is embarrassing that we have such an inability on the ball. It leads to a failure to break down teams and a reliance on Adomah, with virtually no outlets of creativity from anyone in the midfield.

The 2nd half was a truly woeful affair, and if we don't sign someone who can both use and keep the ball well, we will struggle to break out of the bottom few places in the league.

Excellent post. Indeed, our central midfield really was a glaringly huge weakness against Palarse. Had someone of the calibre of Paul Hartley been in our central midfield then we would have probably got the win we needed. The defence was superb all game with not much that could have been done to stop Palarse's free kick goal. The addition of Rose and Pitman at the end made a difference and the penalty they made and scored could have won the game not just drawn the game had we been able to dominate the central midfield.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, and not sure If I believe it! but Neil Danns is actually set to join us in January.

Blimey, Neil Danns was Palarse's best player against us. The bloke was full of running and vigour all game - could he play like that every week? If so, we'd make the play-offs with him in our side.

Excellent post. Indeed, our central midfield really was a glaringly huge weakness against Palarse. Had someone of the calibre of Paul Hartley been in our central midfield then we would have probably got the win we needed. The defence was superb all game with not much that could have been done to stop Palarse's free kick goal. The addition of Rose and Pitman at the end made a difference and the penalty they made and scored could have won the game not just drawn the game had we been able to dominate the central midfield.

agree that our midfield was awful , which is why when the wingers aren't creating width then we it's so obvious how badly we are struggling in the centre of the park , Even Elliot has not had many decent games this season and is still living off his one season wonder of the play off season. LJ is inconsistent as we all know is great one game and the next like the palace game especially 2nd half woeful.

Blimey, Neil Danns was Palarse's best player against us. The bloke was full of running and vigour all game - could he play like that every week? If so, we'd make the play-offs with him in our side.

Evening Red Goblin,

We were interested in him when he first came into the light with Colchester but the offer from Birmingham was much more tasty to Neil Danns. Was always surprised B'ham got rid of him as he has got the potential of a PL player. Neil Danns is the perfect player for us and if true what I have been told we would definately do well. Palace still have money problems so if the offer is right Im sure they will sell.

no new news, but a couple of names to throw into the hat - Paul McKenna and Michael Johnson - the young man city midfielder.

I understand from Exeter City fan that Noble is really beginning to come up trumps now and alongside Harley they are running the show -- both of whom have been ............

no new news, but a couple of names to throw into the hat - Paul McKenna and Michael Johnson - the young man city midfielder.

I understand from Exeter City fan that Noble is really beginning to come up trumps now and alongside Harley they are running the show -- both of whom have been ............

I agree Danns did look great for Palace and probably what we need, but I'm sure people think he did better than he did and thought he was all over the pitch simply because he and scammell looked very similar, it'd exactly the same as evander sno, he was good against us, but he looked just like Emanuelson, so again people thought he was this player that was everywhere on the pitch.

Personally i don't think it's a creative midfielder we need, it's a driving midfielder, someone that will get the ball and drive on into the box (like Marv used to be), always forward thinking and willing to shoot from outside the box rather than someone that will spray passes around - we have that in Johnson.

Actually IMO we have a young attacking center midfielder on our books !

He and Milly have just not worked it out yet. He can attack, run at the opposition, find a pass, however IMO he is playing out of position. Remember Orr, started with us as a center midfielder, did not cement a first team place until played as right back.

Ribiero, plays at right back, but IMO plays more like an attacking midfielder, say right center midfielder along side Elliot.

Plenty of young players are raised and get used to playing in a certain position. However they are often suited to playing elsewhere on the field. I am sure most of you know a player who has learnt to play another position with success.

Thats my two penny's worth and it would save paying out for another player, either way Milly & Wiggles could try it in training, we have nothing to lose .

I don't think it's the right time to be experimenting with an injury prone young defender as our answer to our most desperate of immediate problems, we need proven quality in this position and we need it now.

Some of the players being linked to championship rivals are scary, if we mangage to stay up this season (which isn't a given) we will need to keep hold of our best players and attract some real quality or next season will be one of mediocrity at best, and we all know that won't put bums on seats.

Archived