IGNORED

Albert

DavidNoble

I was in town on wednesday to do some sales shopping and bumped into a lot of players, they must have all gone shopping tbh as they wouldn't have had a chance to previously with the hectic christmas calender.

I managed to get talking to one of them in TopMan, I won't say his name as he could get in trouble although i do understand it removes some validity of this statement and you'll all shout at me saying i made it up. We got talking about the game the previous day in which he did seem very pissed off about the result and where we are in the league atm as he feels we should be higher. I then started saying how Albert has turned out a diamond this season and easily settled into this league and appears he could go higher to which he sighed and said 'Yeah, he's been excellent, easily our best player. Deserves all he gets from here cos he's a top bloke and he could easily play in the top division, just hope we can hold onto him which appears a struggle at the moment. When teams come along and plant an idea in your head that your better than you are then it is difficult to turn it down but just have to hope that the lad sticks with us for the rest of the season'. Hmmmm. Yes, I know, he made it all up and can't name a player ect. ect. But it is true and was genuinely shocked as to how openly he was talking to me and how genuinely worried he appeared about the potential loss of Albert. Does the fact a player saying this make it appear that Cardiff might potenitally be Alberts' last game in a City shirt? :/

This is 1 of the reasons i hate coming onto these boards around the transfer window! We have just signed him for god sake, hes been with us for 5 months and already he could be off? what a loads of rubish!! hes a good player yes, but not THAT good! hes young and will need time to adjust to the Championship before he moves to the prem! he will only get better and i expect him to stay with us for a good few years before he does leave us! and when that time comes im sure City will slap a nice big transfer fee on his head, plus add ons! so im not fussed! We had all of this with Maynard last year and hes still with us! its what happens when you sign good young players, there talked about and will attract intrest, that doesnt mean to say he wants to leave and we want to sale. Leave it out and stop creating somthing that doesnt need to be created.

This is 1 of the reasons i hate coming onto these boards around the transfer window! We have just signed him for god sake, hes been with us for 5 months and already he could be off? what a loads of rubish!! hes a good player yes, but not THAT good! hes young and will need time to adjust to the Championship before he moves to the prem! he will only get better and i expect him to stay with us for a good few years before he does leave us! and when that time comes im sure City will slap a nice big transfer fee on his head, plus add ons! so im not fussed! We had all of this with Maynard last year and hes still with us! its what happened when you sign good young players, there talked about and will attract intrest, that doesnt mean to say he wants to leave and we want to sale. Leave it out and stop creating somthing that doesnt need to be created.

thats a bit harsh, he's just posting something he's heard.

Don't think so. Even if he DID want to leave, we still have to agree to selling him. Besides, all he was saying was that big clubs get young players interested in joining through putting ideas into their heads, he didn't specifically mean AA I don't think. Wouldn't read too much into it.

I agree we would ask for a lot although the way he spoke did make it sound as though something was happening with him and was almost talking about him in past tense :/

This is 1 of the reasons i hate coming onto these boards around the transfer window! We have just signed him for god sake, hes been with us for 5 months and already he could be off? what a loads of rubish!! hes a good player yes, but not THAT good! hes young and will need time to adjust to the Championship before he moves to the prem! he will only get better and i expect him to stay with us for a good few years before he does leave us! and when that time comes im sure City will slap a nice big transfer fee on his head, plus add ons! so im not fussed! We had all of this with Maynard last year and hes still with us! its what happened when you sign good young players, there talked about and will attract intrest, that doesnt mean to say he wants to leave and we want to sale. Leave it out and stop creating somthing that doesnt need to be created.

I agree. In the transfer period there are a lot of silly rumours HOWEVER this isn't a rumour. Ask anybody that was at cabot circus on wednesday and I'm sure they would have seen a City player. Cisse, Pitman, Haynes and others were there so it is likely that I spoke to one. Also the fact they played boxing day, trained for palace on monday, played tuesday, means that wednesday is there first chance to go shopping ect. I do agree we've had him a short period of time although every full-back he has faced at home he has had the beating of and perhaps he does feel that he is better than a championship relegation battle? He seems like a Blackpool-type-of-player tbh?

I agree we would ask for a lot although the way he spoke did make it sound as though something was happening with him and was almost talking about him in past tense :/

I agree. In the transfer period there are a lot of silly rumours HOWEVER this isn't a rumour. Ask anybody that was at cabot circus on wednesday and I'm sure they would have seen a City player. Cisse, Pitman, Haynes and others were there so it is likely that I spoke to one. Also the fact they played boxing day, trained for palace on monday, played tuesday, means that wednesday is there first chance to go shopping ect. I do agree we've had him a short period of time although every full-back he has faced at home he has had the beating of and perhaps he does feel that he is better than a championship relegation battle? He seems like a Blackpool-type-of-player tbh?

Albert wont be leaving, end of.

You never know how true these rumours are. If a Premier League scout has spotted Albert, now might be a good time to make an offer, whilst we are struggling at the lower end of the Championship, and before he really starts to deliver and the price increases. It would be far from ideal, as there are other players we would far rather sell, however most of those are on high wages and have not really delivered, so they won't be high on anybody elses priority list.

I was in town on wednesday to do some sales shopping and bumped into a lot of players, they must have all gone shopping tbh as they wouldn't have had a chance to previously with the hectic christmas calender.

I managed to get talking to one of them in TopMan, I won't say his name as he could get in trouble although i do understand it removes some validity of this statement and you'll all shout at me saying i made it up. We got talking about the game the previous day in which he did seem very pissed off about the result and where we are in the league atm as he feels we should be higher. I then started saying how Albert has turned out a diamond this season and easily settled into this league and appears he could go higher to which he sighed and said 'Yeah, he's been excellent, easily our best player. Deserves all he gets from here cos he's a top bloke and he could easily play in the top division, just hope we can hold onto him which appears a struggle at the moment. When teams come along and plant an idea in your head that your better than you are then it is difficult to turn it down but just have to hope that the lad sticks with us for the rest of the season'. Hmmmm. Yes, I know, he made it all up and can't name a player ect. ect. But it is true and was genuinely shocked as to how openly he was talking to me and how genuinely worried he appeared about the potential loss of Albert. Does the fact a player saying this make it appear that Cardiff might potenitally be Alberts' last game in a City shirt? :/

Even if its true no one said yes he is leaving in Jan - just that its hard to stop bigger teams planting an idea. I would imagen bigger teams plant a lot of ideas with players to see how they grow im guessing we do the same to smaller clubs. A club saying we want a player doesnt necessarily mean they want that player and players have to manage there own expectations. The transfer market is 99% smoke and mirrors! The thing that interests me is how Albert or any player deals with it.

You never know how true these rumours are. If a Premier League scout has spotted Albert, now might be a good time to make an offer, whilst we are struggling at the lower end of the Championship, and before he really starts to deliver and the price increases. It would be far from ideal, as there are other players we would far rather sell, however most of those are on high wages and have not really delivered, so they won't be high on anybody elses priority list.

It would be a farce is Albert left us, it would represent everything thats wrong in the modern game! we just cant afford to lose him!! hes only been here 5 minutes for christ sake!

If hes sold i'll sale my season ticket and watch rugby.

Blackpool couldn't afford his fee or wages. We beat them to both Stead and Pitman. They seem to be doing fine with the players they have anyway! But I have no doubt he has come to the attention of bigger clubs than us. His recent interviews don't sound like a player looking to move on already though.:fingerscrossed:

Albert seems a very humble type and has given every impression of being very happy to be at Bristol City.

I can't see him leaving at this stage unless City are determined to cash in on an exceptional offer.

It's not normally my sort of language, and I wouldn't say this about any other current City player, but I'd be GUTTED if Albert is sold. sad.gif

It would be a farce is Albert left us, it would represent everything thats wrong in the modern game! we just cant afford to lose him!! hes only been here 5 minutes for christ sake!

That will be a shame but if the profit margin is there I cant see us doing anything different with all the losses were making at the moment.

Agree, up to a point. However, if Exeter or Cheltenham unearthed a gem, we would all be screaming for Millen to get in quick, so it works both ways. You just never know with these rumours, sometimes it's the unlikely ones that turn out to be true.

If you think about it logically, SL wants KM to reduce the squad size, KM wants to bring in two players, nobody wants the players we would like to get rid of and because many of them are on high wages they are happy to sit tight, so if we get a decent offer for Albert, it's cash in the Bank, space to bring in a new face, and we have Haynes and Sproule to play wide right. Not ideal, but we are going to have to get used to the fact that the Bank of Lansdowne might be less generous, and managers will have to generate cash for new signings, and stick within a tighter wages budget.

I believe you.

To be honest, I'd be more surprised if there was'nt any interest.

A winger with a decent end product, with pace and trickery to burn - who would'nt be interested?

I believe you.

To be honest, I'd be more surprised if there was'nt any interest.

A winger with a decent end product, with pace and trickery to burn - who would'nt be interested?

Absolutely. I know someone who scouts for West Brom, came down the Gate looking at an opposition player, earlier this season - Alberts name went back to them, bound to be interest.

Players that can change games on their own are bound to get noticed, and Albert has been noticed, that is true. There a re a few teams from the Prem tracking him, as there were Maynard last season. If a Prem team does go for him there is nothing we can do, it is his life and he cannot possibly turn down a move. However, we also need to want to sell, and Jan can be a month when prices are very high for players that are under contract for more than the next 6 months. He will not leave for a couple of million be sure of that, but as soon as the money gets to 5M we have to sell. we are losing money big time, and there is a point when the fee stacks up and the player will want to go. I doubt it will be Januaryand I doubt someone will pay, yet, a fee that would interest SL.

What are our players buying in Topman.....

Bit optimistic there! Probably around £1m up front, plus add-ons.

Dear oh dear.....:disapointed2se:

Try looking at Albert from another clubs point of view.

Yes, Albert has been getting rave reviews, playing well and causing problems for almost every full back he comes up against.

But, Albert has only played 20 odd games in the Championship and teams haven't seen enough of him to work him out yet.

Plus, lots of players are one season wonders and show great potential and then fail to fulfill it.

So, any other club that put it a bid big enough to tempt City to sell him would be taking a great risk particularly during the winter window.

If Albert cotinues to impress for the rest of this season then another club might consider a bid over the summer but even then would still be taking a risk after just one season at Championship level.

I can't see him going anywhere in January.

Superb player. Player of the season so far by a country mile. Our only real threat going forward.

Would be amazed if decent Premier League clubs are not interested in him.

Agreed he should stay with us for a while, but I think he could step up into the Premier League and do a great job.

He's class - end of!

If he goes though and so does Sproule, then we just lost alot of pace and attacking threat. That said, Danny Haynes be come back as a regular on the right wing

If we kept Nicky Maynard last year then there is no danger of Albert leaving. Nicky Maynard is way ahead of Albert.

Unless I am missing something..... He played well on Tuesday however ...

He is not good for more than 60 minutes (if we had option on the bench)

He does not track back

Only in the last month has he gone outside the full back as oppose to beating 3 players and running into 2 centre halves.

In the championship he is often against journeyman full backs (davision, Harte etc) who must be 15 years older than him

Would be amazed if he is considered an established championship player let alone Premier League target.

He is a great prospect but is still very raw and too much of a gamble to step up

Ps I do like him just think we are all getting a bit carried away in the absence of any wide men in the last 2 seasons!

Well if Sproule goes as well which is very likely, we will be without a right winger.

Apart from Jamal Campbell-Ryce, and really you think Albert is leaving six months after he joined over a half remembered conversation in a clothes shop that doesn't even say anything specific? Like I said, don't worry over nothing.

This is 1 of the reasons i hate coming onto these boards around the transfer window! We have just signed him for god sake, hes been with us for 5 months and already he could be off? what a loads of rubish!! hes a good player yes, but not THAT good! hes young and will need time to adjust to the Championship before he moves to the prem! he will only get better and i expect him to stay with us for a good few years before he does leave us! and when that time comes im sure City will slap a nice big transfer fee on his head, plus add ons! so im not fussed! We had all of this with Maynard last year and hes still with us! its what happens when you sign good young players, there talked about and will attract intrest, that doesnt mean to say he wants to leave and we want to sale. Leave it out and stop creating somthing that doesnt need to be created.

don't come on here then. tbh albert end product needs to be better before he thinks of the prem, but he has all the quality to be a very good player in the top div, hopefully with us

Dear oh dear.....:disapointed2se:

Try looking at Albert from another clubs point of view.

Yes, Albert has been getting rave reviews, playing well and causing problems for almost every full back he comes up against.

But, Albert has only played 20 odd games in the Championship and teams haven't seen enough of him to work him out yet.

Plus, lots of players are one season wonders and show great potential and then fail to fulfill it.

So, any other club that put it a bid big enough to tempt City to sell him would be taking a great risk particularly during the winter window.

If Albert cotinues to impress for the rest of this season then another club might consider a bid over the summer but even then would still be taking a risk after just one season at Championship level.

I can't see him going anywhere in January.

Agreed!!

Archived