IGNORED

Atmosphere

Rob k

But it stops me singing along. I end up singing and just not saying that word. I just find it distasteful (which is too strong a word but as close as I can get to what I want to say) to hear that word being shouted by a couple of hundred people. The song could be as amusing/clever by using an alternative. No problem with swearing at all - heck going to football is a great place to vent frustration, I do it myself - it's just that word. :)

But it stops me singing along. I end up singing and just not saying that word. I just find it distasteful (which is too strong a word but as close as I can get to what I want to say) to hear that word being shouted by a couple of hundred people. The song could be as amusing/clever by using an alternative. No problem with swearing at all - heck going to football is a great place to vent frustration, I do it myself - it's just that word. :)

its just a word, the same as words that begining with any other letter, dont see why people think some words are worse than others when it comes down to swearing, why is the c word worse than the f word?

It's more of a chant than a song, gets shouted quite fast. There probably is a song similar, am sure someone will be along to say which.

It goes to the same song they sing about gasheads.

Gasheads! Gasheads! They make me f-ing ill, the way they walk, the way they talk, they make me f-ing ill.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd for those in the Eastend moaning about the speed of the song give it a rest ... do you really think the opposition fans are going to care about how we sing?

No the opposite fans won't care how we sing, because at the speed the idiots by the net are singing pretty much ALL the songs fizzle out after one verse! When we are spread out over the 3-4 blocks it kills the stand 100%, and that gives advantage to the opposite team. I've been in the East End since I was a kid and I've never witnessed the speed of songs causing so much diversity, leaving the stand flat. "Cider Drinker" is a now complete joke, it is IMPOSSIBLE or the whole stand to sing it due to the idiots by the netting. Stand starts > netting block races ahead > rest of stand give up. THAT'S why people are moaning and now being vocal about it.

Chopra is a tw*t would have been just as funny.

I personally didn't sing it to be "funny" - I sang it [with venom and hate] directly at Chopra to put him off his game, thus aiding him in not scoring against us. Every little helps.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd for those in the Eastend moaning about the speed of the song (whether it be fast or slow) give it a rest ... do you really think the opposition fans are going to care about how we sing?

No, but the stand actually being able to sing for a bit longer than 20 seconds would be good,

like mr powell said,

song starts, netting decides to kill it off, the rest of the stand carries on singing, then the netting joins in again and kills it off.

You honestly think singing red army at 200000mph is a good idea? So its over before its even started? Yea, cracking idea that is.

And good on the people in the williams, the more parts of the ground making a noise the better.

No the opposite fans won't care how we sing, because at the speed the idiots by the net are singing pretty much ALL the songs fizzle out after one verse! When we are spread out over the 3-4 blocks it kills the stand 100%, and that gives advantage to the opposite team. I've been in the East End since I was a kid and I've never witnessed the speed of songs causing so much diversity, leaving the stand flat. "Cider Drinker" is a now complete joke, it is IMPOSSIBLE or the whole stand to sing it due to the idiots by the netting. Stand starts > netting block races ahead > rest of stand give up. THAT'S why people are moaning and now being vocal about it.

I personally didn't sing it to be "funny" - I sang it [with venom and hate] directly at Chopra to put him off his game, thus aiding him in not scoring against us. Every little helps.

Have to agree, it spoilt the atmosphere a bit because nearly every song started off one speed a different group would use a different speed and it all broke down

Disappointed by the lack of response to 'The Liquidator' which has been played at last two games.

It's the perfect good time clap along song but completely fizzles out after a few diehards do the first 'clap clap clap clap City !'

I'm not sure how others feel, but for me it's a song I associate with Chelsea so I don't feel any desire to clap/sing along. Reading 'fans' were doing it on Boxing day and I found it quite cringeworthy. It's all about identity. :)

Archived