IGNORED

Referee Today

luke_bristol

Very very poor. It's crazy, football should be, where possible, a free flowing game. Too many refs feel the need to stop the game at the slightest contact.

Whilst some of the blame should be laid at the individual referee the majority of the blame should be with the fa who fail to address these constant errors.

Always been unimpressed with Mr Attwell but he was surprisingly good yesterday, certainly couldn't complain with any of the bookings we got.

I would argue that yesterday was more 'free-flowing' than you often see at this level, Attwell left bookable offences while the play kept on in the case of an advantage on a number of occasions.

Had City not won the match so impressively then Mr Attwell would have come in for far more stick than he got.

Over fussy, seemingly giving free kicks for imaginary infringements and inconsistant. He gave 13 free kicks against City and 7 against Cardiff, booked 4 City players to Cardiffs one.

He actually apologised to Stead after his shot was clearly tipped over by Heaton but a goal kick was awarded. Attwell didn't even look at his assitant (who had flagged for a corner) and it was only during a further break in play that he was aware, and sheepishly said sorry to Stead :rofl2br:

I actually disagree I thought he got most decisions right, unfortunately we are always going to be critical if things go against us. It would even happen if we never had a card or a foul against us.

Although his Assistants didn't help much!!!

Stead was on countless occasions manhandled especially the 2nd half and then had his shot save by Heaton(no corner given) was so obvious even if the linesmen didn't see it surely you'd think the ref would. I think Cisse and Lj's yellows were justified but not the other two. if we hadn't won so well we would of cared a lot more but thankfully won without the ref helping us. Also I could of sworn on a few occasions he gave decisions against us he smiled??

Had City not won the match so impressively then Mr Attwell would have come in for far more stick than he got.

Over fussy, seemingly giving free kicks for imaginary infringements and inconsistant. He gave 13 free kicks against City and 7 against Cardiff, booked 4 City players to Cardiffs one.

Spot on! :worship2:

Stead was on countless occasions manhandled especially the 2nd half and then had his shot save by Heaton(no corner given) was so obvious even if the linesmen didn't see it surely you'd think the ref would. I think Cisse and Lj's yellows were justified but not the other two. if we hadn't won so well we would of cared a lot more but thankfully won without the ref helping us. Also I could of sworn on a few occasions he gave decisions against us he smiled??

No one likes us, but we don't care. Even on the Football League Show they showed our highlights and then talked about how Cardiff are on a bad run, and interviewed their manager. Not a word about us.

Stead was on countless occasions manhandled especially the 2nd half

Stead should complain more, but he just gets on with it instead. The only time he complained was just about the first time he got given the free kick.

In my opinion we have had 3 poor referees over the Christmas period, not game changingly incompetent, but intrusive, inconsistent and one of the reasons I feel the game is going downhill and less enjoyable to watch.

Although I don't like it, I think the best way that BCFC could combat it, would be to have a couple of gobby players who are always in the referees ear - I am sure it influences their opinion.

Archived