IGNORED

Brett Pitman Heart

Barneyredballs

Just for the stat file....

Pitman currently has a minute/goal ratio of 124 minutes per goal

Nicky M had a minute/goal ratio of 169 minutes per goal last season

This lad is as hot as fire at present. My gut feeling is Maynard/Pitman may not be a perfect partnership but Stead/either would be. Stead/Pitman's intelligence is a new dimension; looks like a super signing!

Keith, make sure you're don't leave him on the bench again...

The Bournemouth fans when he signed for us said that he's a natural born striker who scores simple taps-ins as well as spectacular goals. They said he tended to be lazy and would go awol when things weren't going his way.

Well...he certainly went missing when he first started but like Maynard may have found the step up too big a jump. That said since his recall he's been in great form 8 goals in 8 games is very impressive. He's a very cool finisher and seems to have that vital strikers instinct of knowing where to be. Reminds me of Tony Thorpe.

The Bournemouth fans when he signed for us said that he's a natural born striker who scores simple taps-ins as well as spectacular goals. They said he tended to be lazy and would go awol when things weren't going his way.

Well...he certainly went missing when he first started but like Maynard may have found the step up too big a jump. That said since his recall he's been in great form 8 goals in 8 games is very impressive. He's a very cool finisher and seems to have that vital strikers instinct of knowing where to be. Reminds me of Tony Thorpe.

Been saying that since the Watford home game (his home debut I believe), his movement to lose defenders is exceptional for this level and he is an out and out goalscorer something which Maynard isn't. Can't wait until we have all three available!

has to be the daftest comment on this forum for a long time.

Tony thorpe was lazy, selfish, missed more pens than he scored, couldn't get past the keeper when through one on one, slow and wouldn't head the ball unless it was into an open goal.

Brett pitman in half a season has shown to be a far better player than Tony thorpe, and no amount of stats will make me change my mind and I am prepared to be corrected but without checking I am sure Pitman has scored more goals at this level in half a season than thorpe did in his career.

pitman has made some very accomplished championship defenders look complete idiots - enough said and rant over.

Tony thorpe was lazy, selfish, missed more pens than he scored, couldn't get past the keeper when through one on one, slow and wouldn't head the ball unless it was into an open goal.

Brett pitman in half a season has shown to be a far better player than Tony thorpe, and no amount of stats will make me change my mind and I am prepared to be corrected but without checking I am sure Pitman has scored more goals at this level in half a season than thorpe did in his career.

pitman has made some very accomplished championship defenders look complete idiots - enough said and rant over.

Good post, exactly what I was thinking.

My bro (afcb s/t ) says he'll be fine as long as he keeps off the pies! Ref. to a slieght weight problam.

Thorpe scored 51 goals in 128 appearances for City. Ratio of 1/2.5. He may have had his faults but he knew how to find the net.

So far Pitman has scored similair style goals to Tony Thorpe all from within 18 yards.

Good post, exactly what I was thinking.

Thank you.

the reference to tony thorpe spoilt my mood after today's great result.

However, KM has a major dilema as far as I can see. When Nicky maynard is back and fit who plays up fronte or do we change formation to accommodate Stead, Pitman and Maynard.

To my way of thinking - if it ain't broke don't fix it, and it may result in Nicky Who?

Whichever way KM goes will please some but upset others, but it is only results that count.

I think the going missing quote is a bit harsh. Let's be very honest the first few games he appeared for us was probably the bleakest part of season so far and the supply was almost totally non existent.

Pittman is a proper striker, he is the only player at the club who would have scored his goal today, most players even Maynard I suspect would have taken a touch. He is a totally different animal to Thorpe, Thorpe created a bad atmosphere in the dressing room, yes his scoring record was impressive I agree, but not a team player like Pittman is, he has a generally good first touch and links play well and can always find space, something even Maynard struggles with at times.

Thorpe scored 51 goals in 128 appearances for City. Ratio of 1/2.5. He may have had his faults but he knew how to find the net.

So far Pitman has scored similair style goals to Tony Thorpe all from within 18 yards.

as stated previously stats mean nothing = but to humour me what was thorpe's record in the championship, as i said in my earlier reply 'at this level'.

I think the going missing quote is a bit harsh. Let's be very honest the first few games he appeared for us was probably the bleakest part of season so far and the supply was almost totally non existent.

Pittman is a proper striker, he is the only player at the club who would have scored his goal today, most players even Maynard I suspect would have taken a touch. He is a totally different animal to Thorpe, Thorpe created a bad atmosphere in the dressing room, yes his scoring record was impressive I agree, but not a team player like Pittman is, he has a generally good first touch and links play well and can always find space, something even Maynard struggles with at times.

I'm not comparing their personalities.

The goals that Pitman scored at the far post at AG recently reminded me of Thorpe as did the first touch goal today.

Thorpe's first touch was sublime and led to many of his close range goals. Thorpe, despite his smallish statue also bagged his fair share of headers. We all remember his headed goal in the 3-1 win against the Gas 10 years ago.

Pitman hasn't yet scored a header for City but I'm sure he will in time.

young Pitman is our best striker since Andy Cole, and no attitude yet. Hes gotta start each game, unless injured/suspended. Stead & Maynard will both play well with the lad.

Its up to the management to keep Pitman on the straight & narrow, as they should with the entire squad.

His goal this avo was class, he read the ball better than the much vaunted Rse defence did, which is why he scored. Very Cole like.

I'm not comparing their personalities.

The goals that Pitman scored at the far post at AG recently reminded me of Thorpe as did the first touch goal today.

Thorpe's first touch was sublime and led to many of his close range goals. Thorpe, despite his smallish statue also bagged his fair share of headers. We all remember his headed goal in the 3-1 win against the Gas 10 years ago.

Pitman hasn't yet scored a header for City but I'm sure he will in time.

I never suggested you were comparing personalities, but it's so far a part of his make up that makes him a totally different animal to Thorpe as is his link up play and he appears to have a football brain and not just a strikers instinct, he his a better all round player than Thorpe, but yes similarities in and around the box.

Great finish and agree with Esmond that he's the only striker we have that would get on the end of that chance and convert it. For all Maynard's qualities (and he clearly has many) poaching goals is not one of them, Pitman is a completely different player and has been hugely impressive in the last 8 games. After seeing him a few times I thought he'd struggle especially in this side but he has been brilliant since and hopefully he can keep this up. He just does the basic things so well and that is often all you need.

Great finish and agree with Esmond that he's the only striker we have that would get on the end of that chance and convert it. For all Maynard's qualities (and he clearly has many) poaching goals is not one of them, Pitman is a completely different player and has been hugely impressive in the last 8 games. After seeing him a few times I thought he'd struggle especially in this side but he has been brilliant since and hopefully he can keep this up. He just does the basic things so well and that is often all you need.

The key with Pittman is playing to his strengths and they are, he is not afraid to gamble like he did today he gambled on the defender not getting it right, so the odd long hopeful ball over the top won't hurt and more importantly get the service into the box to him as early as possible 9 times out of 10 he'll be there or thereabouts.

and he is not afraid to miss, that is important for good strikers as well.

Archived