IGNORED

Snigger

Barrs Court Red

According to an Argyle mate today, says he knows someone in the know, BWP rumour has legs.. to me that says Akinde out, prob on loan.. I think his contract is up at the end of the season. Clarky probably heading back up north.. and BWP for cover..

Dont really want to consider the other possibility of Nicky going.. but I guess possible also

Gasheads always like to predict our downfall too early and it comes back to bite them.

There was a bloke at work who printed a div 4 table when we were rooted at the bottom the day after they went down with a caption of 'dont let them forget it!'. He put a copy on every city fans desk thinking he was the mutts nuts and all pleased however the fact the league table was 20 years out of date didnt seem to bother him. Needless to say 6 months later the joke was on him when they were 92nd. He didnt show up that day!

"If it were a choice between Hoskins and BWP then Hoskins would have to be the choice - but do we need another striker anyway, unless someone else is out of the door"

Hoskins can also play as an attacking midfielder and City could certainly use that kind of player, especially one with an eye for goal.

Gasheads always like to predict our downfall too early and it comes back to bite them.

There was a bloke at work who printed a div 4 table when we were rooted at the bottom the day after they went down with a caption of 'dont let them forget it!'. He put a copy on every city fans desk thinking he was the mutts nuts and all pleased however the fact the league table was 20 years out of date didnt seem to bother him. Needless to say 6 months later the joke was on him when they were 92nd. He didnt show up that day!

I believe I'm right in saying that the gas are only in the league because they were re-elected by 'the old boys network' back in the 50's(?) after they'd finished bottom of the league. Find a copy of that table and leave it on his desk, particularly as time isn't an issue!!

I believe I'm right in saying that the gas are only in the league because they were re-elected by 'the old boys network' back in the 50's(?) after they'd finished bottom of the league. Find a copy of that table and leave it on his desk, particularly as time isn't an issue!!

1939 came bottom and were re-elected.

2002 came second bottom (which in today's money means relegation to the conference).

According to an Argyle mate today, says he knows someone in the know, BWP rumour has legs.. to me that says Akinde out, prob on loan.. I think his contract is up at the end of the season. Clarky probably heading back up north.. and BWP for cover..

Dont really want to consider the other possibility of Nicky going.. but I guess possible also

I also have a mate who is an Argyle fan and he texted me earlier this week to say that Wright-Philips was coming our way. This mate is pally with at least two of their directors so as you say, this may "have legs".

I also have a mate who is an Argyle fan and he texted me earlier this week to say that Wright-Philips was coming our way. This mate is pally with at least two of their directors so as you say, this may "have legs".

ha ha this would make me laugh as in the sun today it stated that Blackpool were after Wright-Phillips as well and preparing a 500k bid for him. If he ends up with us that would be the 3rd striker this season who preferred city over Blackpool after Stead and Pitman!!!!

in all honesty i dont mind wright-phillips if we get rid of akinde and clarkson,

leaving us with stead/pitman/maynard/wright-phillips as striking options,

would prefer money spelt elsewhere in the squad tho

I pondered over something anoraky last night, and went to Footymad to sift through the tables to find out the last time City and Rovers were more than one division apart i.e. greater than back-to-back. It took me about half an hour to scour through league tables (two or more per year etc). And taking into account a huge gap thanks to World War Two, I found out that the last time City and Rovers were that far apart was...

wait for it...

Never.

Since the Blue Few joined the league in 1920, they have always been in our division or on the tier immediately below or above. This, of course, means that they are four months away from making history and getting relegated to form the largest gap between us ever. Whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate, but it's only in the last fifteen years or so that the gap in fortunes has been this wide, and the difference may be insurmountable for some time... assuming we stay up of course.

I pondered over something anoraky last night, and went to Footymad to sift through the tables to find out the last time City and Rovers were more than one division apart i.e. greater than back-to-back. It took me about half an hour to scour through league tables (two or more per year etc). And taking into account a huge gap thanks to World War Two, I found out that the last time City and Rovers were that far apart was...

wait for it...

Never.

Since the Blue Few joined the league in 1920, they have always been in our division or on the tier immediately below or above. This, of course, means that they are four months away from making history and getting relegated to form the largest gap between us ever. Whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate, but it's only in the last fifteen years or so that the gap in fortunes has been this wide, and the difference may be insurmountable for some time... assuming we stay up of course.

The only times they've been above us is when we've *** up and got relegated, nothing that they've done well off their own bat!

wait for it...

Never.

Ahh, I don't mean to belittle your research, but that's been common knowledge for quite a long time.

However if the Gash do get relegated and we stay in this division (or get promoted), then officially City would be the best ever team compared to them!

Archived