IGNORED

Hodgson Sacked

The Batman

At what point was carrick in danger of having a broken leg? because thats what the danger usually is. Not at any point during that tackle was either of carricks legs in danger of being broken - not even near.

gerrard won the ball with an old fashioned tackle

As soon as both of Gerrards feet left the floor Carrick's leg was in danger of being broken as Gerrard was then out of control. If Carrick had been a split second faster, his leg could have been very nastily broken...and a split second is all that saved him from that. The rules are that you must be in control of yourself when you tackle, and you lose control as soon as you dive in like he did.

Definite red.

As soon as both of Gerrards feet left the floor Carrick's leg was in danger of being broken as Gerrard was then out of control. If Carrick had been a split second faster, his leg could have been very nastily broken...and a split second is all that saved him from that. The rules are that you must be in control of yourself when you tackle, and you lose control as soon as you dive in like he did.

Definite red.

I haven't seen the tackle but there is no such rule.

If you go in with both feet off the ground these days you run the risk of a red unless you very, very cleanly take the ball.

There are still too many diving, acting pussies for my liking though. Video panel them and hand out 10 match bans retrospectively I say.

I haven't seen the tackle but there is no such rule.

If you go in with both feet off the ground these days you run the risk of a red unless you very, very cleanly take the ball.

There are still too many diving, acting pussies for my liking though. Video panel them and hand out 10 match bans retrospectively I say.

theres no law as such but it comes under the fifa directive about out lawing dangerous tackles and those using excessive force. Gerrard used excessive force and it was dangerous. Thats why the two footed jump is being given a red. Because the player is out of control so it has to be dangerous.

Webb got both decisions right. Berbatov went down to win the penalty but he was still kicked by an opponent which is a direct freekick regardless of if it makes the player fall over or not.

theres no law as such but it comes under the fifa directive about out lawing dangerous tackles and those using excessive force. Gerrard used excessive force and it was dangerous. Thats why the two footed jump is being given a red. Because the player is out of control so it has to be dangerous.

What fifa directive? There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the press about such things but very little actual published official information beyond the laws of the game. And that includes material made available to referees.

Webb got both decisions right. Berbatov went down to win the penalty but he was still kicked by an opponent which is a direct freekick regardless of if it makes the player fall over or not.

Being kicked does not make it a free kick necessarily. Was he impeded or did he simulate being impeded?

What fifa directive? There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the press about such things but very little actual published official information beyond the laws of the game. And that includes material made available to referees.

Being kicked does not make it a free kick necessarily. Was he impeded or did he simulate being impeded?

He was a United player running in the box at OT. I think you'll find that makes it a penalty irrespective of FIFA guidelines whistle.gif. Actually, my very first impression was "that's a penalty". It was only after viewing it again that I thought "dirty cheating ba....". Which just goes to show how hard being a ref is these days.

Archived