IGNORED

Official Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

My eight yr old nephew is banned for life, two games i took him this year Norwich 3-0, now today, shocking performance but that sums are season up we are good or shockingly bad no in-between which is worrying but i'm sure this time next week we will be talking about the play-offs having beaten Boro crazy season and still a lot more ahead.

How easy it is to forget about QPR and Cardiff, two crucial fixtures in which the players did everybody proud. I shall illustrate the schizophrenic nature of many city supporters using the medium of emoticons.

Last week = :dancing2:

This week = :disapointed2se:

Everybodys entitled to an off day I think, and after two titanic performances which clearly took their toll on the lads, I think a little leeway should be given.

Not when its against a team in a lower league and who have lost 4 of there last 5 before today

Your desparate desire to put the boot in on our former manager makes you sound as unhinged as Robbored circa 2009-10 mate. Robbo has moved on and actually posts some good stuff on here these days - suggest you try doing the same.

Ive never needed to move on because unlike yourself i dont live in the past.

I thought it was interesting that whilst Notts County won at Sunderland GJ,s side let in 6 again.

For 99% on the forum that would have been 2 scores to take in, but for you its an attack on Gary Johnson.

Paranoid or what!!

Perhaps you ought to open your eye then mate, I heaped more than enough praise after both of the games you mentioned, if you did'nt read it tough.

I could'nt give a **** what you think, for the very last time I will state my position I am in the not convinced camp reference Millen (not anti anybody, unlike you) please feel free to find any actual anti Millen posts I have made (again unlike you) The problem is a few forum luvvies just won't allow the debate, which is not right.

on a factual point 'GJ let's in 6', was he in goal?.

Another one on Gary Johnson alert :w00t: . Get over him, hes doing a great job where he is.

I don't post on here very often, but thought I'd give my thoughts on today's game.........

First, lets get the excuses out of the way: The Ref: Pretty shocking today in my opinion. Missed a blatant backpass in the 1st half (to be fair, so did most of the players & fans), also gave them a corner in the second half when it was obviosuly a throw, and on the whole was pretty poor today I thought.

Not much to say about the first half - it was pretty dull in my opinion. We missed a couple of good chances (Marv had one, if not two decent chances to score), but otherwise we looked very pedestrian and somewhat complacent.

They came out second half and were SO much more up for it than we were. We were getting absolutely destroyed down their left/our right and their number 11 looked pretty tidy - doing what we failed to do, which was get the ball in the box nice and early. Essentially they decimated us down their left flank in the space of 20 mins or so, and we were utterly shell shocked and in disarray. We had very little in response and to be fair i think they thoroughly deserved the win.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about the result today. I'm reasonably happy to put it down to the mental and physical fatigue of grinding out some superb results over recent weeks. I am, however, more worried about:

1, The fact that it was not too far away from our strongest 11.

2, The injuries to Caulker and Ribiero,

3, Our dependency on Caulker and Adomah - if either get injured (Caulks) or have an off day (Albert) then I don't think we have the strength or depth to be able to dig out a result without them

4, Our form going into next weeks game (my best mate is a Boro fan and is flying in from Jersey to watch the game). Thankfully they lost to Burton Albion today, who aren't even in the football league, so that mitigates my concern a little bit!

Still, no need to panic. I know it sounds like sour grapes but i'm kinda glad we don't have the distraction of the FA cup - i think that we really need to focus on the Championship, and truly believe that we can push for promotion this season (as long as we have a sensible transfer window and get rid of the players we all know need to go, and strenthen the Left Back and Creative Midfield positions).

Onwards and Upwards for City, but today belongs to Wednesday - they deserved it.

Good post.

Scarily their no.11 (Daniel Jones) who I thought was one of the best left backs I've seen this season was on loan to Rovers last year from Wolves and hasn't been a first choice at all.

He matched Albert for speed and rarely got beaten by him in a one on one, which is a fairly rare event......

Good post.

Scarily their no.11 (Daniel Jones) who I thought was one of the best left backs I've seen this season was on loan to Rovers last year from Wolves and hasn't been a first choice at all.

He matched Albert for speed

Bloody hell ! My 93 year-old gran could have matched Albert for speed today.... and overtaken him!

Archived