IGNORED

Dave Penney

seebokseduction

Just seen this pop up on twitter, thought it was a wind-up to be honest, very good manager, did brilliantly at Doncaster, very well at Darlington and the one off-season at Oldham. Far better than I would have expected them to get.

He'll fit in rather well as I already can't stand the guy after that elbow that broke Junior Bent's cheekbone. Dirty Bastard!

That was my first thought.

Good that they have someone we have a genuine reason to dislike.....

When he was a player, Dave Penney was responsible for one of the worst tackles I've seen on a City player, when he attempted to remove Junior Bent's legs at the knee in a match at the old Oxford United stadium in the mid-90s. I've loathed the man ever since.

Right incident, wrong part of the body.... I think he broke Juniors cheekbone in three places with a deliberate elbow (he actually looked to see where he was before swinging it, if i recall correctly!). The loathing is still very valid, though!

When he was a player, Dave Penney was responsible for one of the worst tackles I've seen on a City player, when he attempted to remove Junior Bent's legs at the knee in a match at the old Oxford United stadium in the mid-90s. I've loathed the man ever since.

It was a deliberate elbow which smashed Juniors face to bits! In any other walk of life, he would and should have been up on a GBH charge.

The bloke is a nasty piece of work and he now seems to have found a suitable home for himself!

It will not be hard to dislike this one!

I would LOVE IT, LOVE IT if takes them down!

:englandsmile4wf:

Did he get our Junior Bent twice or something, people seem confused about a 2 footed challenge or a elbow in the face? I remember him getting elbowed but not who by.

I guess it was a long time ago in footballing terms, he could be a very different person now. I wish both he and the Gas whatever they deserve.

Did he get our Junior Bent twice or something, people seem confused about a 2 footed challenge or a elbow in the face? I remember him getting elbowed but not who by.

I guess it was a long time ago in footballing terms, he could be a very different person now. I wish both he and the Gas whatever they deserve.

Im sure it was just the elbow in the face on-pitch GBH incident although I didnt realise it was him until today.

Horrible barsteward as a player.

Did well at Donny, but little since then.

To be honest, he'll probably take them down due to the squad they have, bar Hoskins and Lines they are utter garbage. BUT he is good enough in the transfer market too take them straight back up.

Archived