IGNORED

Dave Penney

seebokseduction

Did he get our Junior Bent twice or something, people seem confused about a 2 footed challenge or a elbow in the face? I remember him getting elbowed but not who by.

I guess it was a long time ago in footballing terms, he could be a very different person now. I wish both he and the Gas whatever they deserve.

It must have been longer ago than I originally thought - ?1992. I can remember standing in the enclosure on the opposite side from that strange little 'cowshed' stand they used to have at the Manor Ground, and the offence happened right on the touchline. My memory was of a vicious tackle, but it was certainly a long time ago. Perhaps it was both!

Horrible barsteward as a player.

Did well at Donny, but little since then.

To be honest, he'll probably take them down due to the squad they have, bar Hoskins and Lines they are utter garbage. BUT he is good enough in the transfer market too take them straight back up.

Out of interest Donny, their fans don't seem to rate Lines at all - why do you?dunno.gif

As for Penney, decent low level record, could go either way, but certainly not the appointment to give them a real boost in confidence about staying up. Looks more like an appointment for a challenge from League 2 next year.

Rovers fans have got a reputation for hounding their managers out - including their so-called 'legend' Hollowhead - so let's see how they react if he's not an instant success.

My bet is the first time he hears that foul dirge "Irene", he'll feel so sick he'll resign on the spot, and who could honestly blame him? devil.gif

If memory serves, the OTIB fanzine did a campaign "show Penney the red card", with the fanzine including a big red card for fans to wave at Penney on his return to the Gate after the assault on Junior.

If we ever play them again while he is in charge that campaign should be brought back.

Archived