IGNORED

Micheal Jacobs

USA.Red

18 year old midfielder from Northampton, rumoured to be part of a deal that would see Akinde go the other way. At 18 years old I doubt he's the answer to our creative midfielder problem!

People said that about having Steven Caulker (18 years old) in the heart of our defence! not done to badly, has he??

I dont agree with what you are saying!

Example: Adomah (league 2 Barnet), Rose (prem, Tottenham)

Who would you say is the better player?

Thats just 1 example, i can give you many more.

Adomah's 3 years older? In 3 year's time Danny Rose could be turning in week in week out for a Premier League side. Besides this has already been discussed!!

There seems to be a lack of good rumours this January :(

Sounds a good signing to me. Fee and wages should be affordable, and if he is any good, the chance of making a profit on him. About time our signings had a bit more forward thinking about them, maybe then we won't be in so much debt, and have so many overpaid journeymen in the squad. Fits in with SL's comments about cutting costs, and avoiding relegation being our main aim this season.

I can't envisage any major signings unless we shift a few players, as we are not going to have a cup run, and will only have average League attendances for the rest of the season. I think KM might have to do the best he can with what he has got, although maybe a couple of short-term loan defenders might be useful.

Exactly the sort of player we should be going for IMO. Young, ambitious and picked up from the lower leagues. We haven't done too badly with the Hitman, Nicky and Bert, have we? Certainly better than picking up tired has-beens from the Prem a la Hunt. My only concern would be whether he could do a job for us now. It might be too much to ask bearing in mind the handful of appearances he's made so far. Certainly, more for the future IMO.

Exactly the sort of player we should be going for IMO. Young, ambitious and picked up from the lower leagues. We haven't done too badly with the Hitman, Nicky and Bert, have we? Certainly better than picking up tired has-beens from the Prem a la Hunt. My only concern would be whether he could do a job for us now. It might be too much to ask bearing in mind the handful of appearances he's made so far. Certainly, more for the future IMO.

Spot on.

As for whether he can do a job for us now that should be of secondary importance if we think he's a long term prospect.

Archived