IGNORED

January Sales A Must To Ignite Stuttering Season

SJC

rubbish....

nah just joshing a good thought provoking read hats off to you sir,

we need 6 points from palace and boro I'd settle with 4,

I'm still looking over my shoulder and will continue to do soo until we are 12 points clear of the drop,

I wouldn't worry about the play-offs if we make them great highly unlikely but great,

Mid-table will do for me its what Coppell predicted before the mess he left us in and its what millen should realisticly aim for,

with 4 first team players out of contract and a fair few reserve/young players too the next transfer window will be the time to build on what we got/keep and make our assult on the top 6 next season hopefully with the new ground going ahead and the gas plying there trade in the basement on -10 due to money problems,

Good read but....everyone knows that City lack creativety and that Lee Johnson is about the only midfielder who has the ability to pick a pass. That said, just how often does LJ play a telling pass? He ain't David Noble. He often plays to deep to be effective and with him alongside either Skuse or Elliot the center the midfield is too lightwieght imo. He ain't the answer.

Millen has known since Hartley returned to Scotland that the beareded one left a huge void but untill this January window has opened has not been able to sign anyone. I'd be amazed if we don't see a midfielder join soon rather than later. Surely much of the approaches, preliminary agent talks have been done prior to the window and its now a matter of the finer points to be completed. I remain totally convinced that City will not lose Championship status this season and am optimistic that a comfortable mid table finish will be where City are come May. Given the upheaval and disruption of earlier this season I'd be very happy with that.

I thought you'd enjoy that start to the post SJC :dancing6:

I did enjoy the read and agree with Rob as well,

what we need to remember is where we were after 11 games this season,

bottom on 6 point 5 or 6 a drift of everyone (i think) so the turn around has been great

Interesting stuff and i agree with a lot of it. I don't agree however that we should have signed either Stead or Pitman and to buy both was unnecessary. What we have seen so far is that Stead settled in quickly which helped give Pitman time to bed in without too much pressure, then Pitman's goals have covered for the absence of Stead when he has been struggling with injury and now they are showing signs of being one of the best striking partnerships we have had in ages. I am glad we signed both, because they are capable of surmounting the problem of a lack of creativity from midfield with their movement and understanding.

If lee Johnson just grew a beard we'd be sorted!

If Lee Johnson just grew 10 inches we'd be sorted.

Mind you, Mrs Downend has often said that if I grew 10 inches she'd be sorted!!

Archived