IGNORED

New Signing!

mightyreds89

I havnt got a clue but I am going to say I do, then when we sign someone I will pretend I knew all along, ok?

But that's my strategy. Go and get your own.... unless you want to PM me who you don't know about and then I can confirm at an appropriate time that you did indeed PM me. dancing2.gif

I agree it was Bristol Boy - not sure about the Gay bit though..

Agreed. From vague recollection I believe he said three signings this week?!?!? I might have that wrong as I was stuck in a valley of depression when he called RB.

I think Twentyman is confused as well as I understand he thinks drinking in the SC counts as being "well connected".

Not a chance on him or Commons.

Some fans are on a different planet in terms of understanding the way this club works.

That is part of the problem.

We simply don't go out and pluck the best from other teams in this division.

Why on earth would Hoolihan or Commons want to come here? bearing in mind both are fans favourites at much bigger clubs than ours along with the fact both have proved themselves at this level and will probably want a stab at the Premier League anyway.

We wouldn't even be on their agents radar.

Spot on. Someone like Brian Howard would be ideal and would probably come here, although we'd need to fork out a fair chunk of money on both the transfer fee and wages. The way I see it there are around 10 players that need to be shipped out and we should be looking to bring in around 5 by the start of next season. We have to get rid of the dead-wood though and if we continue to buy without selling the situation is only going to worsen.

There were fans on Radio Bristol saying they don't care who we bring in and one moron said he'd pay a manger 50,000 a week to come here, of course he would, it's not his money and he doesn't understand the way football club's run. We have to be sensible and weigh up the best scenario both on the field and off it, something that few clubs are getting right

at the moment.

Spot on. Someone like Brian Howard would be ideal and would probably come here, although we'd need to fork out a fair chunk of money on both the transfer fee and wages. The way I see it there are around 10 players that need to be shipped out and we should be looking to bring in around 5 by the start of next season. We have to get rid of the dead-wood though and if we continue to buy without selling the situation is only going to worsen.

There were fans on Radio Bristol saying they don't care who we bring in and one moron said he'd pay a manger 50,000 a week to come here, of course he would, it's not his money and he doesn't understand the way fotball club's run. We have to be sensible and weigh up the best scenario both on the field and off it, soemthing that few clubs are getting right

at the moment.

This and redcherryberry's posts are right on the money.

When was the last time we signed a player who was a first choice at another Championship club?

I'm fully in the "we need to shift at least 4 or 5 of the squad" camp and by that I don't meet the two Irish lads or releasing the first year pros, either, though they may well go.

Problem is we are high in numbers but weak in quality and obviously painfully short in a couple of positions and so the judgement has to be whether we can we bluff staying up entirely on the form of the current bottom 3 or do we have to spend more money that we can't really afford in order to survive?

When was the last time we signed a player who was a first choice at another Championship club?

There is a reason for that.

Someone said on here within the last day or so, that 18 of the clubs in this division had been in the prem. Lets face it, we are one of the smallest clubs in this division, so why would a first team player of another championship club want to come here?? Even players at the smaller clubs would probabaly see us as a sideways move.

Agreed. From vague recollection I believe he said three signings this week?!?!? I might have that wrong as I was stuck in a valley of depression when he called RB.

I think Twentyman is confused as well as I understand he thinks drinking in the SC

counts as being "well connected".

He said one in and 3 out this week.

I gather that Clough has promised signings this week, so could we be doing a trade for Lee Johnson? Savage on loan for the rest of the season?

Maybe a bit silly, but he would certainly improve our midfield for this season, and being short-term will not be on the wage bill for long, giving KM more room to rebuild. What worries me is that a lot of January signings have a hint of panic about them, and what we need for the rest of this season may not be what we need longer-term. Think about it, we may be looking at signing a player who cannot make a Championship side, well we already have a few too many of those on our books! Signing somebody elses Williams, Sproule or Clarkson.

Archived