IGNORED

Early Bird Catches The Worm ?

Guest Harry May

Guest Harry May

Got up this morning at 0400 , rode over to Ashton Gate faster than I should have to arrive at 0445. I was about 15 th in the queue . Bearing in mind that I wanted to get 10 of the most expensive tickets at £46 each, I thought I would stand a very good chance of getting excellent seats.

When I got served at the appropiate kiosk , I was told what seats were available - Block M14 . Row 14 .

Quickly checked the seating plan to find these were near the corner flag. Hang on a minute - I am 15 th in the queue - the people infront did n't buy all the seats on the side of the pitch . On the official site it says there is 8,000 of the most expensive tickets available , something does n't add up.

When I queried it , basically I was told that what I was being offered ,was all that was available. What, by the corner flag and 14 rows back ?

I overheard people in the next kiosk having exactly the same conversation.

It says on the official site , first come first served with the best tickets available first. I do n't think so.

I am glad we are going to the Millstad , I am pleased that I was able to get tickets.

But I am more than p155ed off with the quality of tickets offered.

Where did all the best seats go ?

Caldicot Red.

Guest Champagne Football

Hmmm found this as well.. Brighton Fan

Sounds as if they have either been sold off already or that they aren't distributing the tickets as advertised, half way line going around.

Quite possibly they have been reserved for player's families, directors etc? Well there was no mention of this anywhere else and if it's the case we should have been told.

Something is a bit fishy and it's not the chippy down the road.

Guest stevey2005

hmm that is strange especially as you were one of the first people there unless 400 people got there before 4am which i cant c that being possible maybe you should post something to steve lansdown about this

Guest stevey2005

hmm that is strange especially as you were one of the first people there unless 400 people got there before 4am which i cant c that being possible maybe you should post something to steve lansdown about this

Guest N1 Jim

That don't make much sense Harry but fair play and owe you a few pints 4 that.

There can't be many forms of industry or entertainment where this could happen but will still be a great day.

Did u stare out the Millwall hoardes on yr way back over the bridge?

• Admin

I've just got back and apparently there aren't many of the expensive seats left, according to the stewards.

I was able to choose which area I wanted to sit in. Each booth is selling a different area. Ie, £32 upper tier behind goal. £32 lower tier side etc etc.

It may be that the steward pointed you to the wrong queue, as there were booths selling tickets for £46 side view.

Guest N1 Jim

Same thing has happened to the Brighton fans. First in the q (£46) got tkts by the corner flag!

Sounds like it's a free for all with no priority or anything.

Their best site is northstandchat

I thought that I was down there early - somewhere between 0730 and 0800 but joined the queue past the corner in the Winterstoke Road car park. Eventually got round to the ticket booth at about 1100, well worth the wait :rolleyes:

ok well this is what I reckon has happened. The football leaque will obviously take some seats and so will City so they have the £46 half way line seats and the rest go out to the fans
Wesco or Godzilla; your picture.

I know it's Godzilla in middle; who's wesco and who's the other one.

Guest Harry May

Wesco, the guy in the next kiosk was even more angry that I was . Richard Gould was down by the ticket booths at the time and the bloke had a word with him. RG said near enough what you just mentioned - they have to leave seats for the FA and sponsers. Then they also give a quite a few to the players ( which is what you expect ) - it's just pees me off that they said seats would be available from the half way line on a first come first serve basis, and we've ended up by the bleeding corner flag.

Caldicot Red.

• Admin
Wesco, the guy in the next kiosk was even more angry that I was . Richard Gould was down by the ticket booths at the time and the bloke had a word with him. RG said near enough what you just mentioned - they have to leave seats for the FA and sponsers. Then they also give a quite a few to the players ( which is what you expect ) - it's just pees me off that they said seats would be available from the half way line on a first come first serve basis, and we've ended up by the bleeding corner flag.

Caldicot Red.

Harry

I know you are very disappointed not getting the tickets you wanted. But can I just say we sat in M18 for the LDV and the view is excellent from behind the goal. You'll also be in line with the big screen.

Guest Champagne Football

Caldicot Red.

Some Brighton fans are claiming that they are seated in M11. This means that your block could well be one nearest the away fans. Maybe the club should have sold tickets in the West Stand first.

This must also mean the stadium is segragated pretty strangely and that we will get all of the West Stand and South Stand... almost diagonal.

Guest behind_the_dugout

Same thing happened to us....

Apparently "priority status" for us oiks means, after corporate hospitality (better revenue generation), Nationwide flunkies and players guests etc. Still can't see how that adds up to a couple of 1000 tickets though.

Disgusted......but going to Cardiff.

Guest Harry May

Exactly - which begs the question , how many £46 tickets were available today to oridinary fans ? I feel really let down by the club. Why say they will be sold on first come first served basis from the half way line ? They should have said, you will be sold tickets from the corner flag.It stinks.

Caldicot Red.

Caldicot Red.

I think that was my Dad's mate, he got his seats in the end.

They are a nightmare when they sell the tickets for these games. Last year when getting tickets for the LDV I asked for four. This is how the conversation panned out, I remember it exactly:

"I can give you three in this block, the other person will have to be in this block" (about two blocks to the right)

"Can't I have four together?" eyeing the huge wad of tickets next to his hand with an elastic band round them

"No, you have to have what you're offered"

"But what are all those?" pointing at the wad near his hand

"Those are unsold tickets."

"So why can't I have four of them?"

"I have to sell this block first. So, you want these three and the next one of that block then?"

"Not really, I'm going with my dad and my brother, and I'm taking a girl who has never been to a football game before. I don't want her sitting on her own, and I don't think either of the other two will want to sit on there own. Look, I'm willing to wait here until you've sold those three"

He had a glance around as if he was doing something illegal... "OK, don't tell anyone I did this, I'm not meant to. I'll sell you four tickets in the next block"

Unbelievable, and by the sounds of it it isn't much better this year. My one reservation about the online ticket system is if that produces two tickets in different places, then I'm screwed.... so here's hoping

p.s. the girl I mentioned going for her first time: she was, and it was my girlfriend. She now goes to every game she can with me. Just goes to prove that a big event and some 'extra' fans can bring new supporters to the club :rolleyes:

Guest Harry May

I would take the middle as being from the half way line. I was 15th in the queue and got tickets by the corner flag. It does n't add up.

Caldicot Red.

I would take the middle as being from the half way line. I was 15th in the queue and got tickets by the corner flag. It does n't add up.

Caldicot Red.

But there are bordering on 7000+ tickets that aren't available to City or Brighton, so the "middle" area appears to be virtually non-existent.

Guest Bawno

Pesonally I think that is out of order. You pay £46 to get the best seats in the house and their crap! Maybe the City kiosks work opposite! Maybe if you go back and ask for the cheapest seats you'll have the best seats!

My mate told me today after he bought £46 tickets that they are right behind the goal net. Sounds rubbish!!!

Archived