IGNORED

Millen Interview

Donald

According to Adam Baker twitter,

Interviewed gaffer this morning. On Player soon: Keith on Palace away, Haynes, Maynard, Rose, Macca & Danns/Savage rumours. #BristolCity

Question is, what was said about Maynard, Rose & Neil Danns?

Thankfully it's already been confirmed that the Savage rumour was made up rubbish

'Question is, what was said about Maynard, Rose, Neil Danns"

Maynard is has just started training again although not fully. Rose had a scan at Spurs yesterday evening and City are awaiting the results.

Millen didn't deny outright that Danns might be on his shopping list but did say that he doubted Palace would let him go given their position, even though Danns is out of contract in the summer. He also said that other clubs would be interested in him.

not very positive regarding transfers. Definitely seems that Jan is more of a 'move some out' transfer window as opposed to getting them in.

Laughed off savage and ruled out danns due being palaces best player and them scrapping for their lives. Perhaps we could be in for him in the summer, I reckon he's quality.

Explained haynes in that he hasn't being playing much fiorst team and has not had best form. Barnsley put in a 'good' offer and they decided to accept it.

To add to Millen interview (which i havent actually seen!), we've now shipped out Haynes leaving us with 6 strikers (3 being fot, one being too young (jackson), one injured (maynard) and one out on loan (akinde)) I think we need shift another striker and perhaps a midfielder or two before any business can be considered! It'll cause havoc bringing in players before selling anyone; if we were to recruit 2 or 3 players whilst only selling haynes we'd have 38 players in the squad! Okay, not all of them are not going to be involved and are not needed by the club but if we couldnt get rid of them after these signings then we'd be in even more debt due to paying wages and fees! It's only logical to get rid before buying ...

To add to Millen interview (which i havent actually seen!), we've now shipped out Haynes leaving us with 6 strikers (3 being fot, one being too young (jackson), one injured (maynard) and one out on loan (akinde)) I think we need shift another striker and perhaps a midfielder or two before any business can be considered! It'll cause havoc bringing in players before selling anyone; if we were to recruit 2 or 3 players whilst only selling haynes we'd have 38 players in the squad! Okay, not all of them are not going to be involved and are not needed by the club but if we couldnt get rid of them after these signings then we'd be in even more debt due to paying wages and fees! It's only logical to get rid before buying ...

Could you elaborate please !

I've deleted most of the posts in this thread. People will know why. Stop it.

And I was just in the process of doing the same. People obviuously don't enjoy reading all the bitching so maybe those who want to communicate this way could use the PM feature in future please?

People would just reply to it again, if the post is gone it can't be inflammatory to the thread. Us mods can't win.

over reaction imo... the post from joe i think it was, was quite funny, maybe you should of just removed sc_red's reply in which he called joe a cock. Nothing at all wrong with joes post.

As asked, is there a humour ban on otib at the mo? as joe was only poking fun at millens drab interviews!

over reaction imo... the post from joe i think it was, was quite funny, maybe you should of just removed sc_red's reply in which he called joe a cock. Nothing at all wrong with joes post.

Like I said, us mods can't win. I've explained above why I removed it. You don't have to like the mods decisions, but you do have to respect them. We aren't perfect but the decision has been made so lets leave it there hey. :)

Us mods are sick to the back teeth of the personal abuse, whinging and tit for tat sniping on here at the moment, believe me its a thankless task.

Like I said, us mods can't win. I've explained above why I removed it. You don't have to like the mods decisions, but you do have to respect them. We aren't perfect but the decision has been made so lets leave it there hey. :)

i appreciate the work mods do, but in this case you could win, no need to remove a post when it wasnt warranted. Remove the offending post from sc_red.

And yes of course il respect your decision, but it does not mean i have to agree with it. But am happy to leave it at that now i have put my point across :)

Us mods are sick to the back teeth of the personal abuse, whinging and tit for tat sniping on here at the moment, believe me its a thankless task.

But (a) it was funny, and (b) OTIB is a model of civilised debate.

If you want to see some real whinging and sniping, I recomment this thread Worth reading all 4 pages. And there are many others like it. Tee hee

Thank God the Savage rumours weren't true. Wish the Danns ones were though, quality player.

Lets look at Neil Danns.

2007/2009, Danns was totally overshadowed by Ben Watson, Carle and Ifil who all produced more midfield assists.

However, when Watson, Carle and Ifil left and Danns moved up the pecking order, Danns improved.

2009/10, Danns had 9 goals and 3 assists.

2010/2011, Danns has 6 goals and 3 assists in the current season. We have nobody of that standard. LJ has no assists and 1 goal as our creator.

Please notice the high number of goals for a central midfielder. If you watched the Swans/Palace game last week, you will have noticed that Danns was always lurking in the opposition final third. Danns was not defensive or delivering defence splitting passes, he played like an extra forward.

Ben Watson scored 10 in his last season at Palace and played a very forward attacking role, a role that gained him a move to the Premier League. Watson however could play box to box, tackled hard and went in hard with his head. Danns can get forward and score, however Elliot will still have to be a strong defensive midfielder, as he is when LJ does his non creative little scoring role.

Danns may well score more goals, and create a couple more, mainly as a final pass in the final third. He will not supply defence splitting passes from the midfield because he plays further up the pitch.

It will be up to KM to plan around the strengths that Danns has and make sure the formation works to advantage. KM is unable to work around midfield attacking strengths at the moment as we dont have any. To me, coming here would be at best a sideways move for Danns, all I can see is us offerring him a better pay packet, why else would he come here.

Archived