IGNORED

City V Palarse

The Casual Connoisseur

Yep - very good point gained, I thought we'd get stuffed today so well done to the players.

Only Ipswich below us won today with the S****horpe game to come.

Maintained the 6 point gap over 22nd place and that's the most important thing.

Every point we take is valuable. Last 2 games we conceded 7 goals so even if it was a boring game, im glad to take one point. The fast Sproule maybe starts against Forest. Albert have played every game, maybe he need some rest. The reults once again was good for us. Forest away is gonna be difficault, they have a very good homerecord. But they cant win all time at home. Can they?

Apparently they didn't have a day off this week training-wise, up to Thursday anyway, obviously they were working on the defensive side of things !

No day off?..... I should hope not!

They should've been roughing it & bonding all week by camping on Brean Down, with early morning kick abouts & running on the beach. Back to camp, cooking baked beans over a camp fire (*blazing saddles style) - they've put in enough 'cowboy' performances lately, a real bit of 'back to basics' (minus the flash cars, designer gear,bling & i-pods) wouldnt do any of 'em any harm.

* Blazing Saddles (for those who dont know) -

A reminder that 'sportsmen' earn the pampered lifestyle - its not theirs by right just by signing a contract, they commit to dedicating a large proportion of their time putting in maximum effort - & they are only as good as their last performance. A bit of hardship & roughing it now & again might just keep 'em focussed.

(handy point today, but they (almost all of 'em) - owe the fans & chairman bigtime - & it's time they realise that .... put in the effort lads & you'll get the rewards, in fan adulation & appreciation as well as financially... play like wet farts with stinking perfomances & you'll be about as welcome at Ashton Gate as skid marks in your designer boxer shorts!)

No day off?..... I should hope not!

They should've been roughing it & bonding all week by camping on Brean Down, with early morning kick abouts & running on the beach. Back to camp, cooking baked beans over a camp fire (*blazing saddles style) - they've put in enough 'cowboy' performances lately, a real bit of 'back to basics' (minus the flash cars, designer gear,bling & i-pods) wouldnt do any of 'em any harm.

* Blazing Saddles (for those who dont know) -

A reminder that 'sportsmen' earn the pampered lifestyle - its not theirs by right just by signing a contract, they commit to dedicating a large proportion of their time putting in maximum effort - & they are only as good as their last performance. A bit of hardship & roughing it now & again might just keep 'em focussed.

(handy point today, but they (almost all of 'em) - owe the fans & chairman bigtime - & it's time they realise that .... put in the effort lads & you'll get the rewards, in fan adulation & appreciation as well as financially... play like wet farts with stinking perfomances & you'll be about as welcome at Ashton Gate as skid marks in your designer boxer shorts!)

Blow it out your ass , Howard :dancing2:

Wasn't a great game yesterday, but we got a point and remained 6 above the bottom 3 and didn't drop any places which is important. Couldn't believe it when Sproule hit the post- thought that was the moment, but a point will do. Didn't see much creativity from us though Sproule seemed to do ok off the bench, main thing though IMO was that we kept a clean sheet after leaking 7 in 2 games, use that as a foundation to build on etc.

PS, I noticed the stewards both in the first half but also the second, told a fair number of standing fans to sit down...Whether they did to the Palace fans (ultras) in the Holmesdale End however, well...:disapointed2se:

Archived