IGNORED

Why Put Stead On The Bench?

mark1.1964

surely if stead is injured why put him on the bench?give someone else a chance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our bench already includes Edwards, who has never featured in league football and Jackson, who has made one sub appearance for us.

Everyone else in the squad is officially "injured", though in Hunt's case I really doubt that he is.

Maynard, Ribeiro, Wilson, Nyatanga, Rose and Williams are certainly unavailable, Akinde is out on loan so I'd be interested to know who you think should be on the bench instead of Stead...

Our bench already includes Edwards, who has never featured in league football and Jackson, who has made one sub appearance for us.

Everyone else in the squad is officially "injured", though in Hunt's case I really doubt that he is.

Maynard, Ribeiro, Wilson, Nyatanga, Rose and Williams are certainly unavailable, Akinde is out on loan so I'd be interested to know who you think should be on the bench instead of Stead...

I'm seeing far too many logical posts on this forum lately... MODS, BAN HIM!

are there no other youth teamers or reserves who could just gain some match day experience from being in the squad for a day?

arn't the 2 irish lads for instance not currently with us? about to go on loan again yes but just give them a day with the 1st team.

are there no other youth teamers or reserves who could just gain some match day experience from being in the squad for a day?

arn't the 2 irish lads for instance not currently with us? about to go on loan again yes but just give them a day with the 1st team.

What about Aaron Holloway - wasn't he almost called up about a year ago?

he crossed my mind for a minute however replacing a striker on the bench with a defender? still like i said though would have just given another player match day experience so some of the nerves etc may not be there if they were to be on the bench again in the future.

I'm of the belief that if you are fit enough to go on the bench then you are fit enough to start. If Pittman gets injured after 5 minutes then would Stead come on? If so then he should be starting. If it's just a matter of squad rotation then that's a different matter of course.

Stead's clearly carrying an injury and that much has been obvious in recent weeks. What he really needs isa few weeks off but we do not have the cover for that. Him being on the bench in this state makes more sense than starting, even if the prospect of Clarkson partnering Pitman is rather uninspiring. Hopefully he can shake this off but the signs have been there for a couple of weeks that he looks troubled...

The 'who else?' argument doesn't wash here. What kind of message does it send out to our young players if we're putting a player on our bench who isn't going to play? Ridiculous.

Really.

Presumably you have the facts to make that observation?

If KM knew there was no chance that Stead would be able to play before City left yesterday, do you think he would have taken him?

If Stead was found to be unable to play on Saturday morning, it it reasonable to expect a replacement (who would be in Leicester for a morning academy fixture) to be drafted in ....

maybe keef though palace would get a boost iof they saw stead wasnt in the squad so he stuck him on the bench for the mind game???

We were all told before the match that he was injured and very unlikely to feature, so I expect Palace were aware of it too.

Archived