IGNORED

Well Play Central Midfield

Donald

well for the same reason some forum members find it ok to slag of cole skuse at any given opportunity ,certain posters on this forum seem to love start the cs/lj bashing threads befor a ball has been kicked which leads to the siding of whist player individual forum members prefer ,we all no the member in question because thats all he ever posts about, you have only got to go back through his old posts and every post is re cole skuse hes shit hes the golden boy etc the blokes a complete tool and has little knowledge of anything unless its cs related

I agree wholeheartedly but you will always get that sort of view from some so called football fans, but there are 2 points here. Firstly there are certain members of this forum who thoroughly exacerbate things by stifling any normal debate whatsoever be it about Skuse or about Millen and in general they are same people who are trying to say how much they get behind the team and how much they are fed up with people moaning, when in actual fact they are saying if you don't agree with me you are wrong and again in general they are the one's who also take a pop at LJ at every opportunity, these people can't have it both ways they tell the rest of us to stop slagging off players or management when they do exactly that, as I said on a previous post the forum has invented an 11th commandment 'thou shalt not slag players off, unless he happens to be called Lee Johnson'.

Secondly the sort of abuse Skuse has received is virtually non existent in comparison to LJ and one thing is for sure if LJ could convert the class in which he conducts himself given the unrelenting onslaught of abuse he receives on and off of the pitch into his game he would be the one playing in the prem.

Also I repeat the combination of Skuse and Elliott have only played together in 2 wins all season.

I agree wholeheartedly but you will always get that sort of view from some so called football fans, but there are 2 points here. Firstly there are certain members of this forum who thoroughly exacerbate things by stifling any normal debate whatsoever be it about Skuse or about Millen and in general they are same people who are trying to say how much they get behind the team and how much they are fed up with people moaning, when in actual fact they are saying if you don't agree with me you are wrong and again in general they are the one's who also take a pop at LJ at every opportunity, these people can't have it both ways they tell the rest of us to stop slagging off players or management when they do exactly that, as I said on a previous post the forum has invented an 11th commandment 'thou shalt not slag players off, unless he happens to be called Lee Johnson'.

Secondly the sort of abuse Skuse has received is virtually non existent in comparison to LJ and one thing is for sure if LJ could convert the class in which he conducts himself given the unrelenting onslaught of abuse he receives on and off of the pitch into his game he would be the one playing in the prem.

Also I repeat the combination of Skuse and Elliott have only played together in 2 wins all season.

The thing with LJ is the inconsistency he shows kind of some's up what this season has been all about. In 5 games he normally excellent in 1 or 2 , average in 1 and can't get his foot on the ball or over run in midfield on 2. He is a good player, but his inconsistency is the thing that is against him. I think that he is the sort of player that can get carried slightly by Elliott during games but he does have a end product when he's on form ie - Cardiff. But the problem is there are only about 4 players in the team that look up for it at the moment and we are carrying 7, this season has been a nightmare from start to finish, i don't care if skuse,elliott, johnson and williams all play in midfield if we pick up the 7 or 8 wins we need to stay up and then start again next season!

The thing with LJ is the inconsistency he shows kind of some's up what this season has been all about. In 5 games he normally excellent in 1 or 2 , average in 1 and can't get his foot on the ball or over run in midfield on 2. He is a good player, but his inconsistency is the thing that is against him. I think that he is the sort of player that can get carried slightly by Elliott during games but he does have a end product when he's on form ie - Cardiff. But the problem is there are only about 4 players in the team that look up for it at the moment and we are carrying 7, this season has been a nightmare from start to finish, i don't care if skuse,elliott, johnson and williams all play in midfield if we pick up the 7 or 8 wins we need to stay up and then start again next season!

Again all true and being 'up for it' is very important, but given the history of Skuse and Elliott as a midfield pairing, will we get those 7 or 8 wins?. We desperately need a creative midfielder now to start actually giving our talented strikers of Pittman and Stead and hopefully Maynard a chance to start scoring, the service to them is appalling.

So 7 or 8 wins with Skuse and Elliott, well maybe the odd scraped 1 nils and just about make it by the skin of our teeth. The evidence is I would say over 90% of BCFC fans think we won't go down but almost 100% think that Palarse will and we failed to beat them twice only scored 1 goal and created very little else in either game.

you make some good points re the level of abuse each individual receives ,the anti skuse brigade base ther points on him being the local lad cant be dropped as hes local etc johnsons are a bit more complicated as he old man was manager , i personally think a lot of the lj bashing ordinates from there and has carried on , i thought lj would have been givin a new lease of life wen his oldman left but the trouble is people dnt forget not that lj dne anything wrong i just think gj made the situation pretty much irretrievable for lee no matter what he did as for the lj/cs selection issues it would vary from game to game

you make some good points re the level of abuse each individual receives ,the anti skuse brigade base ther points on him being the local lad cant be dropped as hes local etc johnsons are a bit more complicated as he old man was manager , i personally think a lot of the lj bashing ordinates from there and has carried on , i thought lj would have been givin a new lease of life wen his oldman left but the trouble is people dnt forget not that lj dne anything wrong i just think gj made the situation pretty much irretrievable for lee no matter what he did as for the lj/cs selection issues it would vary from game to game

Again I agree totally about what you say about LJ, but I believe the abuse Skuse receives (certainly on this forum) is more because certain people just stifle the debate just as they do with Millen and that's when it turns into a slanging match, facts are ignored or turned into statistics and entertainment levels are exaggerated, one poster even claimed that he was cool the 4-1 defeat at Reading because he had the memory of the first 30 minutes, you can't debate with that sort of logic.

i'm interested to know why so many forum members find it ok to slag LJ off at any opportunity, but any criticism of Skuse is somehow disloyal, the amount of posters who keep saying 'get behind the team' in one breath and the slag LJ off in the next is astounding, I don't get it. One member today claimed that he supported every player wearing the shirt and then in the next sentence said "When we finally find a club stupid enough to take Lee Johnson and bring in a creative midfielder".

To set the record straight I know LJ is not the answer and the more importantly the fact is Millen obviously thinks the same as he only ever plays LJ when he has no other choices (when Skuse is injured or playing at full back), but it has to be recognised that the pairing of Skuse and Elliott have only played in 2 winning games all season.

I will say it clearly for you then maybe you can stop your pathetic jibes:

I think Lee Johnson is crap (I am allowed this opinion), when he pits on the red shirt I give him my full support, a bit like I did when watching, Gordon Owen, Gus Caesar, Lee Miller, Bas Savage and even Nicky Hunt all players that I have thought are crap but get my support when they play for City, why is that so hard for YOU to understand!?!

I hope that's plain and simple enough for you.

I didn't see a pathetic jibe... Just a direct quote. If you can't hack having what you say quoted then don't say it!

He has a very valid point re: the abuse levels being acceptable for LJ but utterly intolerable for skuse...

On a personal level I refuse to "slag" either of them off, skuse is a talented lad who has lost his way this season and LJ is the only player we have who has the intelligence and ability to get the ball out wide. He might not be consistent, and he does make stupid decisions at times, but facts are if he didn't do those things he wouldn't be playing for BCFC in the NPC.

In the same breath that argument is valid for skuse.

Sometimes I wish we could play with 12!!!

I think Lee Johnson is crap (I am allowed this opinion), when he pits on the red shirt I give him my full support, a bit like I did when watching, Gordon Owen, Gus Caesar, Lee Miller, Bas Savage and even Nicky Hunt all players that I have thought are crap but get my support when they play for City, why is that so hard for YOU to understand!?!

I will make it plain and simple for you, where in any of your post is their one word of support for LJ and with your mindset what chance does he have however he plays and how is your LJ abuse acceptable but Skuse abuse (see what I did there) is'nt, you cannot accuse posters of some kind of disloyalty because they feel Skuse might be over rated and then abuse LJ in the same post, that is hypocrisy.

When people slate LJ, they can easily list his many faults.

With skuse, it's just "he's shit"

As others said when they are on the pitch and pre-match I back them. Others hammer them the moment the team is announced

Bit different

When people slate LJ, they can easily list his many faults.

With skuse, it's just "he's shit"

As others said when they are on the pitch and pre-match I back them. Others hammer them the moment the team is announced

Bit different

I think you must have missed some of the real criticism of Skuse then.

1) He is not and never will be captain material

2) He dosen't score enough

3) He dosen't bring the widemen into the game enough

4) dosen't have the killer pass we are lacking

5) is far to similar in style to Elliott, without the goal threat

These are some of the criticisms levelled at Skuse, I haven't mentioned shit, crap or any other effluent. Skuse is a very good player at this level especially when there is a creative midfielder playing next to him (please note here I am not mentioning LJ as that creative midfielder) the problem is that playing in tandem with Elliott it dosen't, has'nt and will not work consistently.

i'm afraid I haven't actually seen what you claim people are saying that Skuse is shit, that simply is not true but it is true about what they say LJ and has already been said several times already on this thread.

I think you must have missed some of the real criticism of Skuse then.

1) He is not and never will be captain material

2) He dosen't score enough

3) He dosen't bring the widemen into the game enough

4) dosen't have the killer pass we are lacking

5) is far to similar in style to Elliott, without the goal threat

These are some of the criticisms levelled at Skuse, I haven't mentioned shit, crap or any other effluent. Skuse is a very good player at this level especially when there is a creative midfielder playing next to him (please note here I am not mentioning LJ as that creative midfielder) the problem is that playing in tandem with Elliott it dosen't, has'nt and will not work consistently.

i'm afraid I haven't actually seen what you claim people are saying that Skuse is shit, that simply is not true but it is true about what they say LJ and has already been said several times already on this thread.

Then you have clearly and conviently ignored all of Pete75's posts

All you mention only the captain point is valid, everyone knows he's a defensive player and he's never going to be a creative outlet for a defensive holding player he does his Job well.

He Is of similar style to the likes of Claude makelele, never grabs the headline but always does his job well

He's never going to get many goals.

What I find amazing is that LJ and Skuse get stick and rightly at times, but Marv is immune.

said this before on this forum-lee johnson would be in most npc teams starting eleven-quite plain and simply the truth which sometime hurts

No chance too slow for the Prem and can't pass a ball more than five yards, he not a touch on Doherty in his prime, not a chance unless with us.

I would have thought the way he had Craig

Bellamy in his pocket for 90 mins may tell you he's very pacy.

He's also got the advantage of being able to play in various positions.

All you mention only the captain point is valid, everyone knows he's a defensive player and he's never going to be a creative outlet for a defensive holding player he does his Job well.

He Is of similar style to the likes of Claude makelele, never grabs the headline but always does his job well

He's never going to get many goals.

What I find amazing is that LJ and Skuse get stick and rightly at times, but Marv is immune.

one poster does not = everybody's views. unfortunately some posters are more zealous than others in their distinct dislike of certain players.

Yet he is very similar to Elliott who does score goals.

Again I think you are being very selective about what you read, Marv has come in for no end stick over past 2 years.

I suspect the challenge will be, who will be dropped out of Skuse or Marv when the elusive creative midfielder finally arrives.

That's debatable.

There is a school of thought that says that players now- even holding midfielders, need to be pretty good on the ball. Schweinsteiger? Officially a holding midfielder but also pretty creative as he has shown? Alonso ditto, Senna before him for Spain was good on the ball and scored some great goals, I guess maybe Carrick would fit that mould for England. Pirlo was a holding midfielder but has done so much more than merely holding back in defence in his career. Of course, level of players ability can depend so mayb Skuse as mostly a destroyer is about right.

one poster does not = everybody's views. unfortunately some posters are more zealous than others in their distinct dislike of certain players.

Yet he is very similar to Elliott who does score goals.

Again I think you are being very selective about what you read, Marv has come in for no end stick over past 2 years.

I suspect the challenge will be, who will be dropped out of Skuse or Marv when the elusive creative midfielder finally arrives.

It's not just onf person though.

I also dont see marv and skuse as similar players, skuse is purely defensive midfielder, who rarely gets involved in attacks, whereas Marv is a box to box man who does like to attack as yesterday showed but hes not been doing enough attacking

Both will have roles when new player comes in, whereas LJ and Williams will be rightly moved on

I will make it plain and simple for you, where in any of your post is their one word of support for LJ and with your mindset what chance does he have however he plays and how is your LJ abuse acceptable but Skuse abuse (see what I did there) is'nt, you cannot accuse posters of some kind of disloyalty because they feel Skuse might be over rated and then abuse LJ in the same post, that is hypocrisy.

I support LJ when he plays for City, like any of the 36 players in the squad, I think he's crap, that's the end of the story and just my opinion, complicate it all you want but you are just going round in circles, it's getting boring now, especially I'd imagine for others.

By all means continue this ridiculous scenario via pm or in person if you'd prefer.

Regards.

It's not just onf person though.

I also dont see marv and skuse as similar players, skuse is purely defensive midfielder, who rarely gets involved in attacks, whereas Marv is a box to box man who does like to attack as yesterday showed but hes not been doing enough attacking

Both will have roles when new player comes in, whereas LJ and Williams will be rightly moved on

Just as a matter of interest, do you then suspect they will form part of a 5 man midfield (with the new man) or are you saying that it will be either or depending on results/performance?

From one who went to Palace - Skuse and Elliott did OK yesterday, although it really was an awful game between two poor sides. Adomah and Pitman failed to get into the game, Clarkson was not good, and JCR was wasteful, these are the main reasons our attack faltered. In terms of team selection, one look at the League table would indicate to anyone with a brain that not losing was our main objective. We achieved that, Skuse and Elliott played a part in that effort, and for that particular game and objective, they were the best pairing available, and kept Danns and Ambrose relatively quiet. LJ has his strengths, and limitations, and yesterday was just not the game to select him. It was not pretty, but with Carey and Fontaine at full back, the defence looked better, Caulker was about the only player on the park (Barring the two goalkeepers who were virtually spectators) who looked good, Stewart still looks dodgy, and Cisse just looks ordinary and mistake-prone.

From one who went to Palace - Skuse and Elliott did OK yesterday, although it really was an awful game between two poor sides. Adomah and Pitman failed to get into the game, Clarkson was not good, and JCR was wasteful, these are the main reasons our attack faltered. In terms of team selection, one look at the League table would indicate to anyone with a brain that not losing was our main objective. We achieved that, Skuse and Elliott played a part in that effort, and for that particular game and objective, they were the best pairing available, and kept Danns and Ambrose relatively quiet. LJ has his strengths, and limitations, and yesterday was just not the game to select him. It was not pretty, but with Carey and Fontaine at full back, the defence looked better, Caulker was about the only player on the park (Barring the two goalkeepers who were virtually spectators) who looked good, Stewart still looks dodgy, and Cisse just looks ordinary and mistake-prone.

See that's the key issue for me, I've been saying it for months. It doesn't really matter who is in midfield, all season we have constantly had different players in the middle.

The problem is mainly in defence and the amount of injuries we have had, the moment we have any of Stewart, Cisse or Hunt in the team there is a strong chance we will be on the wrong end of a dicking. When we have a defence made up from 4 of, Carey, Cauker,Skuse, Macca, Fontaine and Ribs we are a good side, in recent weeks 4 of them have been injured, but when fit we can be as good as anyone in this division as results have proved.

I didn't go yesterday and have long questioned Stewart's ability. However, both commentators on Radio Bristol said that he was a shout for MOTM! Apparently, he saved our ars** on a couple of occasions. Hopefully, we may have written him off too quickly (myself included). He had been out injured for quite a while before joining us, so maybe now he's getting back to his best. Still, should be a better option as cover for Fonts and Caulks, than Cisse would be.

See that's the key issue for me, I've been saying it for months. It doesn't really matter who is in midfield, all season we have constantly had different players in the middle.

The problem is mainly in defence and the amount of injuries we have had, the moment we have any of Stewart, Cisse or Hunt in the team there is a strong chance we will be on the wrong end of a dicking. When we have a defence made up from 4 of, Carey, Cauker,Skuse, Macca, Fontaine and Ribs we are a good side, in recent weeks 4 of them have been injured, but when fit we can be as good as anyone in this division as results have proved.

Who was it who made the statement below?.

Cisse in particular has proved to be a decent player.

I didn't go yesterday and have long questioned Stewart's ability. However, both commentators on Radio Bristol said that he was a shout for MOTM! Apparently, he saved our ars** on a couple of occasions. Hopefully, we may have written him off too quickly (myself included). He had been out injured for quite a while before joining us, so maybe now he's getting back to his best. Still, should be a better option as cover for Fonts and Caulks, than Cisse would be.

I remain unconvinced, but very much hope to be proved wrong.

Archived