IGNORED

Back From Selhurst...

The Chaplain

All in all a game lacking quality from two pretty average looking sides. Any player on the pitch was just as likely to receive the ball from the opposition as from their own team.

On the plus side we looked much more solid than in the last 2 games. Caulker was his usual quality self and Carey made a difference with his leadership and experience. Stewart did what he does decently - still makes me nervous though and Fonts struggled in the 1st half against Zaha but improved after the break. We showed plenty of energy and commitment, pressing the ball well and Marv was the best midfielder on show. If Danns and/or Ambrose were wearing City shirts today they would have got no end of stick. There were some clever touches from Clarkson and some decent link up play in the first 45, without ever really threatening.

More worryingly, in the 2nd half the little creativity there was fizzled out, the passing was poor, Albert struggled against Clyne. With better finishing Marv could have got a couple and Ivan's chance at the end could've sealed it. Id be more worried if I was a Palace fan though, they had more territory in the last period but didn't use it well .It's easy to say we should've beaten them but, apart from our endevour we didn't really produce enough to justify it.

The whole was crying out for someone, on either side who could but his foot on it and boss the game, hold onto possession and make the difference - it never happened.

Ah well, local pride in this neck of the woods intact, defensive confidence rebuilt, injured players to come back...onward and upward!

Do you think that maybe Ambrose and Danns were marshalled a little better than they were at AG, and not given the time on the ball that they had back in December when Danns took the pi55. without being at the game I am sat at home happy with the point that it seemed like we may have set out to get.

Thanks for the report, see if you can persuade Danns to get on your coach/minibus/train back to Bristol.

Do you think that maybe Ambrose and Danns were marshalled a little better than they were at AG, and not given the time on the ball that they had back in December when Danns took the pi55. without being at the game I am sat at home happy with the point that it seemed like we may have set out to get.

Thanks for the report, see if you can persuade Danns to get on your coach/minibus/train back to Bristol.

I'm sure that was the case, like in most away games I've seen (Reading excepted) we seem to have more about us in pressing or marshalling the opposition. I'm certainly not saying Danns is a bad player based on 1 performance, it just stuck me that, from their perspective, it was the sort of home game that was crying out for some midfield general-ship ... just like many we've seen at the Gate, yet he certainly didn't provide it today.

Certainly seemed that you came to get the point and put in a decent defensive display - albeit against a team with a dreadful attack. doh.gif

Elliot was your best player.

Re: that midfield general comment above... I couldn't agree more.

Both teams are lightyears away from those play-offs just a couple of years ago.

Certainly seemed that you came to get the point and put in a decent defensive display - albeit against a team with a dreadful attack. doh.gif

Don't think we came for the point playing two up and having chances in both halfs.

It was two very poor sides but luckily we have 6 points more on the board and I think we will finish above you.

Don't think we came for the point playing two up and having chances in both halfs.

It was two very poor sides but luckily we have 6 points more on the board and I think we will finish above you.

I'm not saying this to be a WUM or anything, but from what I saw you weren't any more impressive than us, and I thought we we a bit more positive (though you had more long range shots). BUT, I guess my focus was on watching how CPFC played, not how BCFC played!

I reckon you will finish above us, too.

Greg. A serious question and not a p iss take..............................do you think Palace are in the s hit?

Greg. A serious question and not a p iss take..............................do you think Palace are in the s hit?

I don't know.

If we sign some decent players in the next 10 days or however long there is left, I'll have more faith... but I also think the mentality of our players can be brought into question, it's very disappointing; it reminds me of when Charlton were relegated from the Championship a few seasons ago.

Head is saying we're going to go down, heart is saying we're going to stay up praying%20smiley.gif

We are in good shape off the pitch though smile.gif

I don't know.

If we sign some decent players in the next 10 days or however long there is left, I'll have more faith... but I also think the mentality of our players can be brought into question, it's very disappointing; it reminds me of when Charlton were relegated from the Championship a few seasons ago.

Head is saying we're going to go down, heart is saying we're going to stay up praying%20smiley.gif

We are in good shape off the pitch though smile.gif

Wish you well fella. Good club Palace and deserve to be up there battling with the best. At least we dont get to play each other again this season

Unless in the playoffs...................:rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br:

I'm not saying this to be a WUM or anything, but from what I saw you weren't any more impressive than us, and I thought we we a bit more positive (though you had more long range shots). BUT, I guess my focus was on watching how CPFC played, not how BCFC played!

I reckon you will finish above us, too.

Your positive team had two shots at goal.

:city: Palace were a poor side and we could have got a much needed win with different tactics as ours were so NEGATIVE.:doh:

With 10 mins to go we had a corner and kept 4 players back and when Caulker broke out of defence and ran down the left wing when he checked back to cross there was NO ONE in the box ! There should have been players breaking a neck to get on a cross to get a winner but instead they were all covering for Caulker,we got what we deserved a boring 0-0 draw.

Archived