IGNORED

Lansdown & Our Debt

Pederho ll

Lansdown I feel will ultimately be remembered for bad footballing decisions.Tinnion and Millen will be the glaringly obvious but neither can be blamed for accepting the job. I just hope he is willing to cover the costs if/when we go down this year, as deciding that a rookie was the right appointment to get us out of the Coppel mess could be a collossal mistake. The football at AG is the worst we have seen for many a year and I can't recall seeing so little passion in the 20+ years I've followed the team. Sorry to be so down-trodden but since SL's arrival we have gradually seen the football deteriorate and the debt escalate. Please Lord we stay up!

• Admin

Personally seems like the only thing certain people are worried about is what is happening with Ashton Vale !

The squad is wafer thin, there are no leaders !, players struggling for form and confidence, yet all we hear is we dont want to sign a loan player as he may cost more than expected ..... never mind another match passes us by tonight, more points lost and FOUR games (so far) without scoring.....

Somebody needs to wake up and sort these problems before it is TOO LATE !

This thread is twisted - luckily I am here to straighten it out for us all.

Discuss the following:-

"Weston-super-mare AFC have a smaller debt than Liverpool, so are more successfull"

I think we should all admit that as long as the club is not put at risk - we all want league titles, championships, and silverware. As has been said above - most clubs are in debt - even the most successfull.

For this reason, I think Liverpool are more successfull than WSM, inspite of thier massive debt.

Oh sure, all clubs will be in debt. No doubt about that, what I would say would be worrying would be the extent to which the debt rose between 2009 and 2010- with no discernible improvement evident on the field.

Lansdown I feel will ultimately be remembered for bad footballing decisions.Tinnion and Millen will be the glaringly obvious but neither can be blamed for accepting the job. I just hope he is willing to cover the costs if/when we go down this year, as deciding that a rookie was the right appointment to get us out of the Coppel mess could be a collossal mistake. The football at AG is the worst we have seen for many a year and I can't recall seeing so little passion in the 20+ years I've followed the team. Sorry to be so down-trodden but since SL's arrival we have gradually seen the football deteriorate and the debt escalate. Please Lord we stay up!

Biggest load of bollocks written since... No, this is the biggest load of bollocks ever written.

Biggest load of bollocks written since... No, this is the biggest load of bollocks ever written.

Ok I admit I may have jumped the gun here. Yes, GJ got us promotion but the decline since the first season in the championship is inexcusable. The current trend suggests it might not be that long until we're worse off than when SL arrived. Financially, we already are.

Exactly, in fact not many teams make a profit full stop. I believe Arsenal make a profit each year, but their overal debts are still in the millions.

Arsenal have got it spot on.

They took on a big debt to build a better stadum and are paying down their debt each and every year by always making a profit, no big money purchases and if a big offer comes in they sell.

It would be great if we could do the same.

Ok I admit I may have jumped the gun here. Yes, GJ got us promotion but the decline since the first season in the championship is inexcusable. The current trend suggests it might not be that long until we're worse off than when SL arrived. Financially, we already are.

The one massive mistake was persisting with GJ as long as we did. I can remember saying in work, less then a year after we lost to Hull.....GJ had to go as the club had gone stale. It was after the Ipswich home game on he Easter, when we drew 1-1....they scored a late penalty.

The lads I was saying it to couldnt believe it, but you could just tell how stale it had gone, and we were going backwards. Unfortunately, SL chose to stick with him, give him more money......and the money we wasted was unbelievable.

GJ transfer policy was suited for league 1, but not the Championship. He chose to go out and buy 7 or 8 "work horses", instead of 2 or 3 player who had real quality.

Sticking by GJ as long as he did was the big mistake Lansdown made......

Yes - you are in denial.

And don't compare us with Manchester United or Chelski - they have (so far on recorded history) given thier fans a tad more to grin about than we have.

Ask yourself: if you are a Man U / Chelski / Arse-nal fan - are you happy?

In which case, they probably don't give a s**t about the debt - because they inhabit the heights of the top of the best league in the world: we don't!

Sorry to smash your argument with facts.

:yes:

Don't worry, you haven't

Arsenal have got it spot on.

They took on a big debt to build a better stadum and are paying down their debt each and every year by always making a profit, no big money purchases and if a big offer comes in they sell.

It would be great if we could do the same.

What happens if they don't make a profit one year? Their gamble then will not seem to be 'spot on'. Part of Leeds' financial problem was an over-reliance on the future to pay current debts i.e. European football and look what happened to them.

I think he'll be remembered for bringing us many good times, taking the club up a few notches with better training facilities and taking us into a wonderful new stadium. The mistakes will be long forgotten by most so long as we are not hamstrung with debts.

Yes - you are in denial.

And don't compare us with Manchester United or Chelski - they have (so far on recorded history) given thier fans a tad more to grin about than we have.

Ask yourself: if you are a Man U / Chelski / Arse-nal fan - are you happy?

In which case, they probably don't give a s**t about the debt - because they inhabit the heights of the top of the best league in the world: we don't!

Sorry to smash your argument with facts.

:yes:

I'm afraid I don't think this is quite true, or at least in the case of Utd. The MUST (Man Utd Supporters Trust) has over 160,000 members and almost the sole aim of this is to oust the Glazers who have burdended the club with massive debts which they feel could jeopardize their long term continued success. Most 'real' Utd fans are not very happy with current proceedings at Utd and this even prompted many to go and set up a new club (FC Utd of Manchester).

Chelsea fans are maybe slightly better off, but what happens if Roman suddenly loses interest or gets caught for dodgy dealings in Russia? They'll be in the stuck!

Also, major debts with these big clubs means that although they compete for the PL, they haven't been able to compete in the last season or two with the likes of Barca in Europe and this will probably continue this year.

Archived