IGNORED

Brian Tinnion

foghornred

Don't think I am mate, a few good seasons max for us, funny how he's now just a

midfielder to suit your argument whilst the likes of mcindoe who played for us in a higher division got slated at every opportunity for not producing enough goals, could not beat a man etc and was no good In an attacking role.

If he was so bad, then why was he not dropped? You don't get nigh on 500 appearances by accident.

And the guy aboves' argument is another point. Both Xavi and Iniesta have similar or worse scoring records per game.

I think you'll find Tinnion did far more for the team creatively than McIndoe, and I'm willing to bet he got a hell of a lot more assists.

Were a selling club, always have been, if he was that good he would not have played for us for so long, 500 odd games, 40 ish goals is not exactly great is it for an attacking player?

Scored 40 odd, set up 100 plus I would guess. 500 odd games for us,it was obvious to all his managers that he wasn't very good then!!!!!

If he was so bad, then why was he not dropped? You don't get nigh on 500 appearances by accident.

And the guy aboves' argument is another point. Both Xavi and Iniesta have similar or worse scoring records per game.

I think you'll find Tinnion did far more for the team creatively than McIndoe, and I'm willing

to bet he got a hell of a lot more assists.

I will try and find those stats and come back to you, mcindoe 12 goals in 90 odd games for us, not sure about assists but if I remember rightly he had the highest for us In the championship.

Scored 40 odd, set up 100 plus I would guess. 500 odd games for us,it was obvious to all his managers that he wasn't very good then!!!!!

I bet cole skuse will play more games for city than tinnion did, does not stop people thinking he's sh*t though does it?

I bet cole skuse will play more games for city than tinnion did, does not stop people thinking he's sh*t though does it?

I think some fans need educating on just how hard and how good you have to be to be a

pro footballer.

Skuse is a top class player who more than holds his own in this league,only 3 weeks ago he had Bellamy in his pocket for 90 mins. Skuse wasn't even playing in his preferred position either. But of course a lot of our so called fans know better, so he must be Shite!

As for Tinnion, best ask Scott Murray for his opinion as to how good he was.

I think some fans need educating on just how hard and how good you have to be to be a

pro footballer.

Skuse is a top class player who more than holds his own in this league,only 3 weeks ago he had Bellamy in his pocket for 90 mins. Skuse wasn't even playing in his preferred position either. But of course a lot of our so called fans know better, so he must be Shite!

As for Tinnion, best ask Scott Murray for his opinion as to how good he was.

Tinnion was a decent player at league one, and would have probally came in handy in the Championship. However, for anyone to compare him to Charlie Adam is pretty laughable.

As someone says earlier on, Tinnion got better with age, and in his 20's....wasnt that great a player.

Tinnion would never have made it at the highest level....why? because he just wasnt good enough for it, simple.

City legend? I'd say so.....as some one else points out, you dont make 500 appearences for nothing.

Good player for the level we were at at the time.

only one manager didn't pick tinnion while he was on the books here and that was tinnion,

The man made 500 apperances for our club and is rightly called a legend, those who don't agree or said he's rubbish are morons,

a 30 yo tinman would walk into our side and set up a lot more goals the McIndoe (he had 12 goals and 8 assists in 90 games,

If tinman got less the 12 assists in a season he had a poor one

only one manager didn't pick tinnion while he was on the books here and that was tinnion,

The man made 500 apperances for our club and is rightly called a legend, those who don't agree or said he's rubbish are morons,

a 30 yo tinman would walk into our side and set up a lot more goals the McIndoe (he had 12 goals and 8 assists in 90 games,

difficult to compare the two though really, considering they played at differetn standards

What did Tinnion do for us when he played at Championship standard for us?

Wont deny the blokes a legend in his own right though

The man made 500 apperances for our club and is rightly called a legend, those who don't agree or said he's rubbish are moron

a 30 yo tinman would walk into our side and

set up a lot more goals the McIndoe (he had 12 goals and 8 assists in 90 games,

Is he a legend in your eyes because of what he did on the pitch or because he made 500 appearances? How many promotions did we achieve in his 11 seasons with us?

Is he a legend in your eyes because of what he did on the pitch or because he made 500 appearances? How many promotions did we achieve in his 11 seasons with us?

One man doesn't make a team. I've watched City since 1967 and Tinnion was the best creative midfielder we've had in that time, in terms of first touch & passing. One footed, slow & not a ball winner, but more pure talent than say Gerry Gow, or most of the others that played in the 1st Div.

The trouble with debating the merits of certain players , is its all about opinions. Heres mine..

Club legend - definitley , 500+ appearances proves his dedication to the club

Decent Player - 7 different BCFC managers thought so (so did I)(maybe not JJ so much)

Good enough for the top flight - Not in my opinion (and I'm glad)

These debates can rage on on and - plenty of pundits still cant understand how few caps Le Tissier gained for England.

Would love his like here right now though!!

Matters not what level he could or did play at, 500+ games over 11 years tells you all you need to know, not many players around with that kind of record for one club and the ones that are im sure are regarded by there clubs as "legends".

All fair points chaps, I disagree with a few but we will all never look at players the same! Just for clarification I'm not saying he was shite or anything just in my own opinion (which people disagree with which is fine) he was not the player some people make him out to be, if your doing your own personall all time city 11 then would he make the side? For some he would but for me he would miss out.

Like any player in the world on his day tins was sublime, on the other hand on a bad day we would all slag him off. He must have been reasonably consistent to have stayed in or around the first team squad for so long. Personally for me he was the best left sided attacking player we've had since Clive Whitehead, and a bloody nice guy.

Could he have played at a higher level, probably but we'll never know. Whatever the debate I'd just like to say Tins, thanks for the memories and the boots!

Archived