IGNORED

Brian Tinnion

foghornred

:city: Watching Match of the day last night when they focused on Charlie Adams of Blackpool made me thing we had one better Brian Tinnion.

What would he be worth now in todays market and what if we could have him as he was now just the type of player we need?

When Danny Wilson had him in central midfield with Scotty on the wing it was probably the most enjoyable football I have seen at Ashton Gate.

How many years did we waste him on the left wing ? Well done Danny Wilson.

I switched on just as they were going through a few of his passes, along with his lack of tracking back! But his passing was very remeniscent of Tinnion,thats for sure. Did not have much pace, but was always able to find space. A thinking mans footballer if you want. Was like a fine red wine, he just seemed to get better with age!

All about opinions and mine was he was not that great for around 7 seasons he was here, I've always wondered if he was that good why did no other team ever come in with a decent bid for him?

Loyalty? Integrity? Perhaps he just liked playing for City.

All about opinions and mine was he was not that great for around 7 seasons he was here, I've always wondered if he was that good why did no other team ever come in with a decent bid for him?

He was one footed, so was never going to play at the top level (although Everton were rumoured to be scouting him for a while). Nor did he have the pace to step up to the Prem. I would rather have him in his prime playing in the team now than I would Rose who I think is a reasonably good player.

Great player for us and very loyal. As I've only been watching since 1992ish he is a legend for me.

Clearly nowhere near as good as Mr Adam though- he is looking more than good in the Prem at the moment whereas I suspect Tinnion would have only been a good Championship player if given the chance with City for long enough,

He may well have been loyal but we will never know as no bids were ever made for him.

How do you know?

Class act, great to watch and played with real desire for this club.

Real shame the management didn't work because it clouded his tremendous service for us.

Would love to see him down the Gate and introduced to the crowd before a game sometime.

Not sure if he's ever come back since being sacked? Anyone know?

How do you know?

Class act, great to watch and played with real desire for this club.

Real shame the management didn't work because it clouded his tremendous service for us.

Would love to see him down the Gate and

introduced to the crowd before a game sometime.

Not sure if he's ever come back since being sacked? Anyone know?

Go on then what bids were ever made for him?

My judgement is not clouded by his management, my personal opinion is he was not as good as everyone says, I'm sorry it differs from yours!

:city: Watching Match of the day last night when they focused on Charlie Adams of Blackpool made me thing we had one better Brian Tinnion.

What would he be worth now in todays market and what if we could have him as he was now just the type of player we need?

When Danny Wilson had him in central midfield with Scotty on the wing it was probably the most enjoyable football I have seen at Ashton Gate.

How many years did we waste him on the left wing ? Well done Danny Wilson.

As I watched this last night I immediately drew a comparison between Adam and Tinnion also. Very similar style I thought.

Not sure Tinnion was better than Adam (My heart says he was) but Tinnion in his prime would be a useful addition to our current squad.

As for the comments about been overrated and not good enough, well I think he was one of the best players to play for City. In my lifetime anyway. I think some peoples judgement is clouded by his managerial reign here.

'Legend' is a term used too loosely these days but completely justified to Tinnion. In my opinion.

Charlie Adam, is a premier league footballer. How good? I don't know because I wont watch premier league football whilst there is a possibility of Holloway appearing on my TV.

Brian Tinnion, was an average, one footed footballer, who plied the majority of his trade with no more than average third division sides (us included)

As for being a legend? Well, as the Rev Ian Paisley once said, "Never. Never. Never!

I also think myself lucky to be old enough to remember real City legends. The Ashton Gate Eight... and the players who took us to the heady heights of top flight football. (But too young for Atyeo ....... just!! )

Didn't Gazza once say that Tins was one of the best players he'd ever played / trained with - in terms of skill and natural ability?

Tins will always be a legend in my eyes for giving Twentyman (or could've been that horrible git Alexander) the donkey ears sign on one of his first (maybe his debut) appearances at AG. Think Tins had been fouled by one of them, penalty given, then he tucked it away. Pretty sure we won 2-1, or is my memory letting me down.....??

Not sure why people think being "one-footed" stops footballers from playing at the highest level? There are a number of players who could be called this at the top of the game - both in the past and current players.

That cheating git Maradona for instance. I don't think he even used his right leg for standing on, completely one footed (and one handed)

Not sure why people think being "one-footed" stops footballers from playing at the highest level? There are a number of players who could be called this at the top of the game - both in the past and current players.

Agree completely....by a few posters logic on here, Giggs should never be playing in the Prem! Tins was a sublime passer on the ball, showed great leadership and passion and was wholehearted enough with a great footballing brain. Who cares if his right foot was only for standing on? His left more than made up for it.

As for the comment from S.BCity regarding bids..... Not every bid made for every player is revealed to the press. So as was said previously, we don't know that there were no bids.

In my time of watching the City, the majority of it in the lower leagues from '82/'83 onwards (admittedly very young in those days so difficult to pick up too much for a couple of years), Tinnion is a legend in my lifetime in my opinion.... And that's the beauty of the game, isn't it? Everyone's got an opinion, and they won't all be the same.

its the sort of nonsense thats usually only trotted out when people are talking about a left footed player. You dont often hear people accuse a right footed player of being one footed.

He may well have been loyal but we will never know as no bids were ever made for him.

It's this sort of thing that bugs me about otib.

Just because you didn't get informed, doesn't mean no bids were ever made for him.

In fact, I'd be willing to be my student loan that a club made at least an enquiry about him at some point while he was here.

Were a selling club, always have been, if he was that good he would not have played for us for so long, 500 odd games, 40 ish goals is not exactly great is it for an attacking player?

Such a basic view. It's not all about goals. Xavi's goalscoring record for Barca is 37 in 368 league games while he's got 8 in 98 for Spain. Let me guess he's not great either?

Nah, terrible for a midfielder.

You really are talking rubbish mate, sorry.

Don't think I am mate, a few good seasons max for us, funny how he's now just a

midfielder to suit your argument whilst the likes of mcindoe who played for us in a higher division got slated at every opportunity for not producing enough goals, could not beat a man etc and was no good In an attacking role.

Archived