IGNORED

Geroge Boyd

redcherryberry

Can't see it, now that DF's back in charge.

I agree, could be one of the deals that was mentioned that has stalled due to club not wanting to sell, shame as thats just the type of player we should be going for, although 2m seems a bit steep.

Pboro have always demand allot for their star men. That's why Lewis, Boyd and Craig Mackill-Smith have never moved.

Boyd's career has stalled recently and probably needs a permanent move away to get his game going again.

I think he had a unsuccessful spell at Forest last year where he barely played.

I would still take a punt on him though but not at the 2m fee mentioned.

Maybe we can offer 1m plus a pick from many of our League 1 players ie - Nyatanaga, Sproule etc.

I hear Blackpool are also interested as a potential replacement for Adam.

Although I can't see us paying £1million let alone two, I would be amazed if Boyd wasn't on our list of targets as we've been crying out for a naturally left footed winger since McIndoe left.

He was lined up to join Forest after having a loan spell there last season but that didn't go through for some reason.

No idea about the Clarkson stuff but undoubtedly had GJ stayed there the chances of someone going to Posh in a swap would have been greater.

Although I can't see us paying £1million let alone two, I would be amazed if Boyd wasn't on our list of targets as we've been crying out for a naturally left footed winger since McIndoe left.

He was lined up to join Forest after having a loan spell there last season but that didn't go through for some reason.

I agree that Rose aside (where's he?) we're crying out for a left winger but doesn't Boyd usually play in behind or inside right despite being left footed? Has he ever really played a wide left role?

I agree that Rose aside (where's he?) we're crying out for a left winger but doesn't Boyd usually play in behind or inside right despite being left footed? Has he ever really played a wide left role?

I think he has played wide left at times for them, though I'd accept he has also been used sort of behind the main striker as well. He always reminded me very much of Walshy, tall, all left footed with not a lot of pace but very effective and a pretty decent goals tally, too.

Rose is said to have a back/hamstring injury but it does seem to be dragging on, the cynic in me just wonders if he fancies being with a club nearer to London now that the transfer window is open again.

KM is quoted today as saying that he has been pursuing two permanent targets and that offers have been made, based on what he said at the shareholders meeting I assume that they are for a left back and a midfielder, though maybe one to play wide left (Boyd) rather than a central midfielder?

he played against us on the left, albeit in a cup game.

I think he has played wide left at times for them, though I'd accept he has also been used sort of behind the main striker as well. He always reminded me very much of Walshy, tall, all left footed with not a lot of pace but very effective and a pretty decent goals tally, too.

Rose is said to have a back/hamstring injury but it does seem to be dragging on, the cynic in me just wonders if he fancies being with a club nearer to London now that the transfer window is open again.

KM is quoted today as saying that he has been pursuing two permanent targets and that offers have been made, based on what he said at the shareholders meeting I assume that they are for a left back and a midfielder, though maybe one to play wide left (Boyd) rather than a central midfielder?

Interesting that as its reported on the thisisbristol website, he quite clearly says that offers are in for 2 players and we need a response from their clubs soon, but on the press talk section of the website it says that we've given up on the permanent transfers and are after loans. Is this bad journalism by the BEP (likely!) or a defensive measure from the club to keep the transfers secret?

Personally, i wouldn't be too keen on Boyd; certainly not for £2 million and probably not for £1 million. Hasn't really done it at this level and isn't the kind of player we're currently in need of. Perhaps in the summer for a more reasonable price, but he would appear to be somewhat of a luxury right now

How do you work that 1 out? he was peterboroughs best player last season scoring 15-20 goals. for a winger thats very, very impressive.

He went on loan to forest and forest decided not to sign him.

But I think he is a good player with bags of potential.

He went on loan to forest and forest decided not to sign him.

But I think he is a good player with bags of potential.

Just because it didnt work out for him at 1 club doesnt mean to say it wont at another!

I agree with you though, he is a decent player and would improve our current squad for sure!

How do you work that 1 out? he was peterboroughs best player last season scoring 15-20 goals. for a winger thats very, very impressive.

9 goals in the league from 32 starts.

Danny Haynes, who played a similar mix of wide/central, got 7 in 29 starts.

Though I think he's a good player I'd suggest you don't get too carried away.

9 goals in the league from 32 starts.

Danny Haynes, who played a similar mix of wide/central, got 7 in 29 starts.

Though I think he's a good player I'd suggest you don't get too carried away.

I swear he got more than 9 league goals? where is your information coming from? maybe he got 15-20 goals in total via cup competitions etc?

He scored 13 goals in all comps last season (P'boro - 9 league, 1 league cup. Forest - 1 league) and that's his second highest total in his career as in 08/09 he got 14 goals in all comps.

Good goal scoring record for a midfielder but not a 20 goal a season man by any stretch of the imagination!

Archived