IGNORED

Geroge Boyd

redcherryberry

He scored 13 goals in all comps last season (P'boro - 9 league, 1 league cup. Forest - 1 league) and that's his second highest total in his career as in 08/09 he got 14 goals in all comps.

Good goal scoring record for a midfielder but not a 20 goal a season man by any stretch of the imagination!

Surely the question for a left winger / attacking midfielder is how many goals did he create?

I'd settle for 11 goals and 15 assists from such a player - without looking into the stats I'm sure that is more than any of ours have scored / created in some time?

Edit - WhistleHappy beat me to it!

I swear he got more than 9 league goals? where is your information coming from? maybe he got 15-20 goals in total via cup competitions etc?

You can swear all you like. My info was from soccerbase.com on the Peterboro squad stats page for 09-10.

He scored 13 goals in all comps last season (P'boro - 9 league, 1 league cup. Forest - 1 league) and that's his second highest total in his career as in 08/09 he got 14 goals in all comps.

Good goal scoring record for a midfielder but not a 20 goal a season man by any stretch of the imagination!

Yeah I forgot to add the Forest bit to the Posh bit.

With Forest added he got 10 goals in 37 starts in the league - slightly worse than Haynes' goal to starts ratio actually though I can't say exactly how much either of them played up front vs wide.

Surely the question for a left winger / attacking midfielder is how many goals did he create?

9 assists in the league compared to Haynes 5 - a slightly better ratio of assists to starts in other words.

The comparison with Haynes is just to say he's a good player but let's not go OTT. I honestly doubt we're looking at anybody for that sort of money anyway.

I'd settle for 11 goals and 15 assists from such a player

That's career stats for half our players.

Hasn't only like 3 players got into double figures career wise with us? and Carey's played nearly 600 games!

Maynard and Elliot?

Although I bet Sproule isn't far away.

9 goals in the league from 32 starts.

Danny Haynes, who played a similar mix of wide/central, got 7 in 29 starts.

Though I think he's a good player I'd suggest you don't get too carried away.

Although, he was playing in the team that finished bottom. And a team that only scored 40 odd goals.

That's career stats for half our players.

Hasn't only like 3 players got into double figures career wise with us? and Carey's played nearly 600 games!

Maynard and Elliot?

Although I bet Sproule isn't far away.

Now you mention it mate.....!

I'm expecting far too much from our players.

Jez, that has topped off a really boring Monday in a really depressing way - thanks Grifty!!

I wouldnt pay anywhere near £2mil for Boyd. The times I watched him for posh he is well over rated. If we want a left winger that stays on his wing he ain't the man. After 10mins he's found anywhere but on the left wing and turned it into a free role anywhere else on the pitch.

Surprised people are denigrating his record last year, it wasn't so bad in a struggling side. 9 goals and 9 assists in 32 games is pretty good- when taken as a package, i.e. goals and assists. To take a (significantly) higher profile example Cassano is a talented striker but not the most prolific. Pretty creative though!

Even more interesting when we consider how many goals our central midfield have created this season. The answer for the combined creative nous of Elliott, Johnson, Skuse and Cisse? A grand total of ONE! Besides which we have a superior all round side to Peterborough of last season so it may be worth a go.

Archived