IGNORED

We Absolutely Must.

BCFC Jordan

Bring in a creative midfielder. I realise our squad is terrible and am behind Millen but if we don't manager to bring in a creative CM it's going to be a depressing end to the season.

And here it is.......so we have the Millen out thread and now the "we need a midfield" thread

Wow creative midfielder you say, I suggest you phone Millen in the morning as no one else had thought of that

Well if we do manage to sign one we might still make the play offs :rofl2br:

God damn your Pathetic

Still your life appears to revolve around making notes of everyones views and then using them to insult people at a later date

Still I suppose if you never have your own view on anything, you can never be wrong.

Bring in a creative midfielder.

Agree

I realise our squad is terrible

Disagree and am am getting increasingly frustrated with people sugesting this.

The squad isnt terrible at all, actually, albeit it is depleted with injuries, it is actually pretty good.

James, Caulker, Fontaine, Rose, Adomah, Campbell-Ryce, Skuse, Elliott, Johnson, Stead, Maynard and Pitman, in my opinion, could all make solid, positive contributions to successful teams in this league.

I am certainly not suggesting that all of those players are massively talented, gifted or match winners, but, im my opinion, all of those players are capable of producing at Championship level.

The problem, or at least one of the most glaring problems with the squad is our obvious limitations at the heart of midfield. Elliott is tenacious but creates little, Johnson isnt as bad defensively as people make out, retains possession well and keeps the team 'ticking' whilst not directly creating a great deal and lacking presence, and Skuse does a bit of what Elliott does, a bit of what Johnson does, but surpasses neither in their respective areas.

We desperately need a midfield general to take this team by the scruff of the neck and lead from the front, none of the current crop, and I include the entire squad in that statement, appear capable of doing it. Stead is a potential suitor, James' wealth of experience is more likely to create divide than unity, Carey doesnt make the XI on merit and fails to inspire while Skuse hasnt proved he is anything other than an example setter.

A situation of perspectives clearly but for me the squad is far from poor - it has a reasonable amount of chaff which could be lost, but at it's core it is sound. Blaming Coppell was, in reality, wafer thin from the outset and wearing thin about fifteen games ago, to still be doing so now is stretching for excuses in the extreme. Blaming Johnson is sheer lunacy.

Therefore, by a process of elimination, responsibility lies, by and large, at the management and coaching staffs feet.

If we dont bring in a couple of players, outgoings or not, we will do well not to be relegated.

To me that is a staggering fact that, while there have been hurdles, outlines an inexcusable season of underachievement and disappointment.

we absolutely must remember that...

Nicky Maynard is still injured and we need that little magician back fuc*ing ASAP!

We need what SJC has said - even without Maynard we should be able to give all these other forwards something to feed on but, yes, how good was Maynard at creating his own chances, brilliant but painful.. As Donald pointed out it is a wee bit obvious, so obvious it still ain't sorted either with- or post-Hartley.

The squad isnt terrible at all, actually, albeit it is depleted with injuries, it is actually pretty good.

To me that is a staggering fact that, while there have been hurdles, outlines an inexcusable season of underachievement and disappointment.

I tend to agree with almost all you have written. Save for the possible disunity that James might cause the rest makes for sensible if sobering reading. Well written.

God damn your Pathetic

Still your life appears to revolve around making notes of everyones views and then using them to insult people at a later date

Still I suppose if you never have your own view on anything, you can never be wrong.

your right on one tonight arnt you pal? pathetic this...pathetic that.....blah...blah....blah

The only thing really pathetic at this moment in time are the ones who continue to believe we are not in a massive relegation scrap. Never mind though eh......see you at wembley in May?

The players don't want to play for Millen it's obvious. He has lost the dressing room and must go. This same team beat Cardiff 3-0 , and not by a fluke, they simply have no confidence in the manager and are not giving their all. The sooner Millen goes the better. For the sake of our club.

I tend to agree with a few of these posts. Not one for wanting the manager to be sacked but this is basically exactly the same as last year. Millen was a product of the Johnson academy of management, and we are certainly playing like it. We need a CHANGE, a fresh start and new ideas. Like one post said, we've got a decent squad. In my view, a ferrari is a good car! But your not going to get the best out of it driving it backwards.

Agree

Disagree and am am getting increasingly frustrated with people sugesting this.

James, Caulker, Fontaine, Rose, Adomah, Campbell-Ryce, Skuse, Elliott, Johnson, Stead, Maynard and Pitman, in my opinion, could all make solid, positive contributions to successful teams in this league.

I am certainly not suggesting that all of those players are massively talented, gifted or match winners, but, im my opinion, all of those players are capable of producing at Championship level.

The problem, or at least one of the most glaring problems with the squad is our obvious limitations at the heart of midfield. Elliott is tenacious but creates little, Johnson isnt as bad defensively as people make out, retains possession well and keeps the team 'ticking' whilst not directly creating a great deal and lacking presence, and Skuse does a bit of what Elliott does, a bit of what Johnson does, but surpasses neither in their respective areas.

We desperately need a midfield general to take this team by the scruff of the neck and lead from the front, none of the current crop, and I include the entire squad in that statement, appear capable of doing it. Stead is a potential suitor, James' wealth of experience is more likely to create divide than unity, Carey doesnt make the XI on merit and fails to inspire while Skuse hasnt proved he is anything other than an example setter.

A situation of perspectives clearly but for me the squad is far from poor - it has a reasonable amount of chaff which could be lost, but at it's core it is sound. Blaming Coppell was, in reality, wafer thin from the outset and wearing thin about fifteen games ago, to still be doing so now is stretching for excuses in the extreme. Blaming Johnson is sheer lunacy.

Therefore, by a process of elimination, responsibility lies, by and large, at the management and coaching staffs feet.

If we dont bring in a couple of players, outgoings or not, we will do well not to be relegated.

Johnson IS as bad defensively as people make out.

Coppell did sign some pretty awful players.

Johnson signed some very ordinary players on high wages and neglected the youth development badly.

Hence an oversized squad, full of inadequate players on high wages, we can't shift them, this limits Millens options, and I don't think that many players see us as an attractive option. I wonder what our scouts are doing? Is Uncle Pete still running them and finding such gems as JCR, Nyatanga, Stuyvar etc.?

A few things

1) As others have pointed out, this thread is utterly pointless; there have been about 70-odd threads on this in the last 4 weeks, Millen has come out and publicly said we need a creative midfielder. We all get it

2) We didn't "let Hartley leave", he wanted to go back to Scotland; if we'd kept him and he'd been sh1ti have no doubt that Millen would be getting lambasted for persisting with a player who doesn't want to be here. Regardless, he is and was not the player he's being made out to be on here; he probably had as many poor games as good games and was present during some of our most abject performances last season

3) Nicky Maynard pulled most of his goals last season completely out of his @ss, it wasn't as if he'd forged some kind of telepathic understanding with Paul Hartley

4) If we had a fully fit squad we would have enough in the tank to stayin this division, with McCalister (didn't think i'd be saying that 3 months ago!), Rose, Stead and Maynard hopefully on their way back, i feel well stay up anyway. I'm sure there are achievable tagets who become more apparent as the window progresses

Thank you :preacher:

Johnson IS as bad defensively as people make out.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, I disagree.

He certainly lacks prescence but I dont think positionally he is any worse than the rest.

Coppell did sign some pretty awful players.

An interesting one for me.

On paper Coppell signed a right back with over 100 top flght appearances, a rival Championship clubs player of the year a couple of seasons ago and a defensive utility player with Premier League experience.

Now clearly 'on paper' certainly doesnt tell the whole story, Hunt has been very disappointing, Cisse more cold than hot and Stewart has also been indifferent. But I cannot help but wonder what a new manager would make of their status, whilst I am not suggesting Millen is 'to blame' I tend to think Hunt in particular was treated quite poorly/harshly which clearly saw his confidence suffer as a result.

Johnson signed some very ordinary players on high wages and neglected the youth development badly.

Hence an oversized squad, full of inadequate players on high wages, we can't shift them, this limits Millens options, and I don't think that many players see us as an attractive option.

Yeah cant disagree with that, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Johnson was almost exclusively absolutely fantastic for this club, therefore to highlight some poor decisions as reason for our current plight, almost a year on, is unfair in my view.

No manager gets everything right, although Gary might claim differently (!), I just think it's about time people held Millen culpable, good or bad, for how his team performs.

I wonder what our scouts are doing?

Good question!

As our areas of weakness are well known, you'd like to think we had a list of targets, in preference order, well before January begun.

Is Uncle Pete still running them and finding such gems as JCR, Nyatanga, Stuyvar etc.?

I actually quite rate Campbell-Ryce, agree the other two didnt add a great deal.

It's a shame that you chose to include the word 'uncle' as it devalues your argument somewhat.

Archived