IGNORED

Rubish Being Spouted On Here

The Humble Realist

- Everyone slagging off Millen.....where were u 4 games ago when we'd beaten Cardiff 3-0 and drawn at QPR

I heard 2 guys in Dolman toilets saying players wernt playing for Millen in ages after the Boro game, i bet they enjoyed Cardiff game

-Haynes shouldnt have been sold ahead of Clarkson, clarkson does seem to have a knack but i really dont rate the guy, he always puts effort in

However, i suspect we needed the money to fund new signings. We deffos wuda got more for Haynes then clarkson in my opinion

- Millen needs to stop banging on about signings and just get on with it, its his job to get players in, he said ages ago hed get a left sided player and a central midfielder, so in my opinion i expect that to happen. He's had all of January plus before christmas to make enquiries. However, player must obv be the right player, but its Millens job to do it

-Fans need to get behind the team, we are in a very good position considering where we were after 11 games, Millen has done very well in my opinion since taking the job. Im not saying he shouldnt be subject to opinions and criticsm such as mine above but calling for him to be sacked is a joke

Well said. I think Millen will get it sorted, but he does need to be able to bring in a couple of good players (at least). He is struggling with the absence of some of our best players due to injuries and the unbalanced squad that he inherited. Given time, he will turn it around - just hope its not too long.

- Everyone slagging off Millen.....where were u 4 games ago when we'd beaten Cardiff 3-0 and drawn at QPR

I heard 2 guys in Dolman toilets saying players wernt playing for Millen in ages after the Boro game, i bet they enjoyed Cardiff game

-Haynes shouldnt have been sold ahead of Clarkson, clarkson does seem to have a knack but i really dont rate the guy, he always puts effort in

However, i suspect we needed the money to fund new signings. We deffos wuda got more for Haynes then clarkson in my opinion

- Millen needs to stop banging on about signings and just get on with it, its his job to get players in, he said ages ago hed get a left sided player and a central midfielder, so in my opinion i expect that to happen. He's had all of January plus before christmas to make enquiries. However, player must obv be the right player, but its Millens job to do it

-Fans need to get behind the team, we are in a very good position considering where we were after 11 games, Millen has done very well in my opinion since taking the job. Im not saying he shouldnt be subject to opinions and criticsm such as mine above but calling for him to be sacked is a joke

The problem is my friend one great performance does not a season make and remember that Cardiff is our only win in the past 9 games and if we don't halt the latest slump the win over Cardiff might end up being our last good memory of our time back in the championship.

Well said. I think Millen will get it sorted, but he does need to be able to bring in a couple of good players (at least). He is struggling with the absence of some of our best players due to injuries and the unbalanced squad that he inherited. Given time, he will turn it around - just hope its not too long.

Sadly it seems we are going backwards and nothing has been done to correct it,sadly it seems SL is happy with the way things have panned out,since his appointment of millen.Don't think he will be so impressed if we get relegated this year,that will cost the club a small fortune in lost revenue.

It seems we are sinking slowly,with the unthinkable happening of the club going back to the depths of League 1 as a distinct possibility.

WELL SAID. there has been a number of good results and a number of bad ones, however when you look at the teams we have put out in the games where we have done well and done badly, I think that says it all.

unfortunately some base their views on city's season and performances by what they read on here and not what actually happens on the pitch.

If you look at the negativity, it's the same old people after every game who thrive on negativity on anything, after wins....they aren't seen for days/weeks.

They have their views and regardless of what happens or what is printed in black and white.......They are right, everyone else is wrong and the end of the world is nigh.

Can someone please explain why people keep quoting the Cardiff result? It was a complete one off and doesn't reflect the rest of the seasons displays.

Swansea, Sheffield United, Reading, Derby.........

You can only judge KM after a full season, we are 18 games away from that atm.

We are competing with clubs that are MUCH bigger than us and clubs that can afford to bring in established Premier League players like Yakubu or pay huge loan fees for youngsters like van Aanholt/Bertrand etc, etc.

Let's have a bit of patience, if we go down Gary Johnson will have contributed a huge part to that due to the absolute crap that he was so loyal to.

BCAGFC

WELL SAID. there has been a number of good results and a number of bad ones, however when you look at the teams we have put out in the games where we have done well and done badly, I think that says it all.

unfortunately some base their views on city's season and performances by what they read on here and not what actually happens on the pitch.

If you look at the negativity, it's the same old people after every game who thrive on negativity on anything, after wins....they aren't seen for days/weeks.

They have their views and regardless of what happens or what is printed in black and white.......They are right, everyone else is wrong and the end of the world is nigh.

Donald, as ever I read your posts with my jaw on the floor...we live in different worlds.

I can't speak for others. But my views are precisely based on City's performance across the season and the results on the pitch. Not individual games. I've not seen anything like as many games this season as in recent years. I listen live to away matches that in previous years I've made a day out. The matches I've attended have all been dire...the performances wretched. I missed Cardiff. If I wasn't a ST holder I doubt I'd attend at all.

As for folk disappearing after wins...we've barely had any wins! I for one have applauded Keith when he's done well...but that's not been often.

Those who doubted KM have - sadly - been proved to be right. He's not done anything to dispel the doubts. The season has been a disaster.

Gives me no pleasure to say it but it does the club no favours to pretend that there's nothing wrong...this forum is one of the very few places to voice criticism of its increasingly shambolic management on and off the pitch.

Donald, as ever I read your posts with my jaw on the floor...we live in different worlds.

I can't speak for others. But my views are precisely based on City's performance across the season and the results on the pitch. Not individual games. I've not seen anything like as many games this season as in recent years. I listen live to away matches that in previous years I've made a day out. The matches I've attended have all been dire...the performances wretched. I missed Cardiff. If I wasn't a ST holder I doubt I'd attend at all.

As for folk disappearing after wins...we've barely had any wins! I for one have applauded Keith when he's done well...but that's not been often.

Those who doubted KM have - sadly - been proved to be right. He's not done anything to dispel the doubts. The season has been a disaster.

Gives me no pleasure to say it but it does the club no favours to pretend that there's nothing wrong...this forum is one of the very few places to voice criticism of its increasingly shambolic management on and off the pitch.

Nicely crafted sir. Could not put it much better.

We are competing with clubs that are MUCH bigger than us and clubs that can afford to bring in established Premier League players like Yakubu or pay huge loan fees for youngsters like van Aanholt/Bertrand etc, etc.

Let's have a bit of patience, if we go down Gary Johnson will have contributed a huge part to that due to the absolute crap that he was so loyal to.

BCAGFC

Johnson is fast fading into the distant past. To keep raising the old chestnut that it is all his fault is absolute garbage and utter nonsense.

johnson left 13 months ago............ We've had that amount of time to sort it out millen is in his 2nd transfer window and we still haven't sorted it out,

People need to take the blinkers off I'm sorry to say Millen was credited for our 10th place finish last season with Johnson's team but Its Johnson fault we're 17th with Millen's/coppells team?

I fail to see the logic

I don't know whether your a season ticket holder or not but if you think the majority of performances have been acceptable especially at home then you must be very easily pleased! Apart from hammering Cardiff, we have beaten 10 man Sheff Utd with 2 pens and the rest have been scrappy 1 - 0's after calls for the fans to get behind the team more! Yeah the fans had to lift the players, obviously their 10k a week isn't enough!

I wouldn't mind it so much if we went out the pitch every game with the same attitude as we did against Cardiff at home and actually try and win the game! Attack, press the ball, tackle, do everything in our power to win but we don't even do that half the time! Half the time we don't create anything go 1 - 0 and then concede 3 or 4 and thats just at home!

I personally have had a guts full this season, all I want is for us to stay up, hopefully with Maynard, Stead and a couple of others coming back soon we will have a real chance of doing that if we win the majority of our home games!

But this season was built up in pre seaosn with pundits saying we were outsiders, a new manager that was going to take us to the next level on the pitch, a big name on the pitch to get the fans to through the gate and it has been nothing sort of a nightmare season. Thats not negativity, thats not me not wanting to be a City fan thats pure fact what I witness week in week out!

BCAGFC

relatively few of the players who've represented the club this season were regulars last year under GJ.

Albert, DJ, Stead, Caulker, JCR, Pitman and Rose are all among the top appearance makers...with the exception of JCR briefly none featured under GJ. The constants are Skuse and Elliott...and Carey, Fonts and McAllister who have all had a fair few injuries. Orr and Hartley have, of course, left. As has Danny Haynes. LJ made less than 30 appearances last season and won't make more this I guess.

I'd suggest that if we're doing badly then it's with teams that KM has largely recruited.

Sorry guys the people who have responded to donalds post are sadly the ones that bring the negativity to the club!

Nicely crafted sir?

Get out of it, a success this season is staying up! Next season is when millen should be truly judged but none of you have time for that. The sad thing is you honestly believe your right ! Millen not only has had to pick up the pieces from gj but the crap coppell brought to the club as well !

So yeah your gonna here it alot more for the rest of the season because it's true!

Sorry guys the people who have responded to donalds post are sadly the ones that bring the negativity to the club!

Nicely crafted sir?

Get out of it, a success this season is staying up! Next season is when millen should be truly judged but none of you have time for that. The sad thing is you honestly believe your right ! Millen not only has had to pick up the pieces from gj but the crap coppell brought to the club as well !

So yeah your gonna here it alot more for the rest of the season because it's true!

Thats what I like to see a passionate response. I could not disagree more though.

It really does boggle my mind how some, like your goodself, are still blaming Johnson, now long gone, as to our current woes when, as others have just said, this team has a lot of Millen stamped all over it and many of whom he has brought in have not come cheap. Personally i rate many of those he has brought in and rate a lot of whom were here before so why is it we are doing so badly? Oh lets just blame it all on Johnson. Weird. Plain weird.

Btw.. I'll apologise for being negative but to be positive and fake it as a result, week in and week out, is tough to keep up. I don't know about Millen but when my back is against the wall in business i roll my sleeves up; i suspect he does the same and i also suspect he understands the negativity. it should drive him on. If it doesn't and he goes into his shell even more then, for my money, he has a short future at this club.

farcical to blame Johnson for where we are in the league now.

Why would it be his fault when a lot of players are nowt to do with him, James, Stewart, Hunt, Caulker, Adomah, Rose, Pitman, Stead (some of these have been good players as well) but some havnt. We arnt even doing THAT badly based on where we were after 11 games!

Nicely crafted sir?

Some people make themselves very easy targets by starting threads after 6 games without a win and we manage to win 'who wants Millen sacked now' and keep pointing back to the Cardiff game but forget that is our only win in 9 games.

if Coppell was still here would your expectations be so low?

does that mean Johnsons to thank when we win? Or is it just his fault if we lose?

Yeah i was about to suggest that. Thats an interesting one. maybe someone should hand a note to little Lee at the end of the next win that reads 'please thank your Dad for that one'. And if we lose it can say the complete opposite.

I suppose on the losing note though it should also read. p.s. Copout's Stewart should have cleared his lines though so not entirely your fault Gary. p.p.s. Keith says he'll see you on the golf course soon.

Nicely crafted sir?

The sad thing is that the table doesn't lie...

We've gone backwards in a season where a push for promotion was the promise. There's no escaping that...that WAS the promise. And all the potential was there - if it was squandered and we have had a dire season it's not folk like me that's brought negativity to the club..or anyone on here...it's the man with the money who interviewed SC and was convinced he was the man for the job...then signed off his recruits...and the same man who then panicked and appointed KM. I'm afraid that whatever his past and present financial contributions Lansdown's the man behind the negativity this season..on and off the pitch. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear...but it needs to be said somewhere...

...just my opinion of course

donald, out of interest.....do you go to the games?

Yeah i was about to suggest that. Thats an interesting one. maybe someone should hand a note to little Lee at the end of the next win that reads 'please thank your Dad for that one'. And if we lose it can say the complete opposite.

I suppose on the losing note though it should also read. p.s. Copout's Stewart should have cleared his lines though so not entirely your fault Gary. p.p.s. Keith says he'll see you on the golf course soon.

or maybe we could rubbish the suggestion that Millens done really well in the transfer market so far by pointing out that half of his signings arent even available to play for us because of long term injury

relatively few of the players who've represented the club this season were regulars last year under GJ.

Albert, DJ, Stead, Caulker, JCR, Pitman and Rose are all among the top appearance makers...with the exception of JCR briefly none featured under GJ. The constants are Skuse and Elliott...and Carey, Fonts and McAllister who have all had a fair few injuries. Orr and Hartley have, of course, left. As has Danny Haynes. LJ made less than 30 appearances last season and won't make more this I guess.

I'd suggest that if we're doing badly then it's with teams that KM has largely recruited.

My suggestion was more to do with the like of Gavin Williams, Ivan Sproule, David Clarkson & the others that nobody will take off our hands.

KM's hands are tied because we have a load of rubbish on our books that we can''t sell/give away.

BCAGFC

like last season, this season we seem to have 2 teams last season it was newcastle/ west brom team this season well we did well against qpr home and away cardiff at home but when ir comes to teams who we should be beating we're not dooing that well so to take it to the next step we should beat swansea at home

like last season, this season we seem to have 2 teams last season it was newcastle/ west brom team this season well we did well against qpr home and away cardiff at home but when ir comes to teams who we should be beating we're not dooing that well so to take it to the next step we should beat swansea at home

With current form i would be delighted with a point.

I feel like in hitting my head against a brick wall with some !!!!!

Let's just rewind the clock summer time coppell was given by very many on here 3 seasons to build a team capable of promotion !

Millen has barely had half a season yet the knifes are out!

Im sorry to those suffering a deep depression but the fact that millen is stuck with all the gj rejects and the pointless and wasteful signings coppell made is a valid reason why WE are in the position were in .

We lack creativity we need more strength at the back yet because Millen unlike his predecessors won't waste our budget on quick fixes and overpriced players you slate him for it which I find a total joke !

The only reason millen is getting stick at this stage of the season is because he wasn't a big name people wanted in place.

Yes he was the cheap option I don't doubt that but

I don't want to get on Millens back as he's not going to be sacked so we all have to back him and hope to christ we get the points needed to stay up, however, to keep blaming Gary Johnson for where we are now is frankly embarrassing, he's now been gone a long time and we need to move on.

If you blame GJ then you also have to hold SL accountable for this situation were in to.

Archived