IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

bcfcdeano

Whats with Nicky Hunt? He is injured, but we dont hear anything about him - apart from everyweek on the list of unavailable players!

Can anyone confirm how long he's out for?

At the risk of starting a mass debate, I'd stick him in at the back alongside carey, fonts and caulker - fully fit he should be class

Whats with Nicky Hunt? He is injured, but we dont hear anything about him - apart from everyweek on the list of unavailable players!

At the risk of starting a mass debate, I'd stick him in at the back alongside carey, fonts and caulker - fully fit he should be class

Have you seen any games this season? Watford at home, Leeds away?

In most of the few he's played he's been a total liability.

I don't actually believe he is injured, but to be honest whether he is or not is academic as he'll never play for the first team again.

You'll probably get some to bite, but not me, I know what you're up to. :ph34r:

But I want to know what happened to the Nicky Hunt who played against Blackpool in the pre-season friendly........... He was very good!!!

He never really existed. It was a Nicky Hunt of football past that showed up that day. The Nicky Hunt of football present and future is sitting in the Williams stand on match days, long may that continue.

I know this would cause a debate however we dont hear anything about him - he must be injured because he's never in the reserves (to me that is the ideal time to play him to hopefully entice someone to take him)

Saw him against Millwall and he looked slow, saw highlights at Leeds and he was at fault - but at full fitness how has he gone from Prem football to ..........well today

Maybe i jumped the gun with stick him in the team, but be nice to know the status of the players at some point (didnt hear about Maynard for ages until brought up on here)

• Admin

People say "he's come from prem football" all the time, but didn't he spend most of his time in Bolton reserves, on a good contract, just taking the money?

Nicky Hunt, DOB: 03/09/83

So at 27 years old, a grand total of 181 first team appearances (including from the bench) or 16.45 games per season.

2000/2001

1 first team game for Bolton (Chanmpionship)

01/02

No first team games

02/03

2 FA cup appearances for Bolton

03/04

38 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups)

04/05

34 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups)

05/06

25 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups inc. UEFA)

06/07

37 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups)

07/08

24 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups, 8 apps in UEFA cup)

08/09

11 First team appearances for Birmingham, (Nov - Dec) (Championship)

09/10

23 First team appearances for Derby (Jan - May) (Championship & FA Cup)

10/11

8 First team appearances for City (7 losses, 1 win) (Chamionship & Cup)

Nicky Hunt, DOB: 03/09/83

So at 27 years old, a grand total of 181 first team appearances (including from the bench) or 16.45 games per season.

2000/2001

1 first team game for Bolton (Chanmpionship)

01/02

No first team games

02/03

2 FA cup appearances for Bolton

03/04

38 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups)

04/05

34 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups)

05/06

25 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups inc. UEFA)

06/07

37 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups)

07/08

24 First team appearances for Bolton (Premier League & Cups, 8 apps in UEFA cup)

08/09

11 First team appearances for Birmingham, (Nov - Dec) (Championship)

09/10

23 First team appearances for Derby (Jan - May) (Championship & FA Cup)

10/11

8 First team appearances for City (7 losses, 1 win) (Chamionship & Cup)

Interesting. Any idea how many were 'off the bench'?

Interesting. Any idea how many were 'off the bench'?

Interesting? My initial reaction was' horrifying'.

I knew his stats were bad, but what in the hell were we thinking when offering this player a contract? I do realise he was Coppell's player, and the board must back their Manager, but did noboby question this? I truly am staggered, it's not as if we haven't been burnt before (Dinning for example), so are there no checks or questions asked?

I don't know why I'm bothering, but in Hunt's defence he was brought in by Coppell. Maybe he is disillusioned and uninspired by the fact that Millen (who is probably a nobody in a Premiership player's eyes) is now in charge.

So it's no wonder Hunt sits out games injured, no doubt he is being paid well and is only obliged to do as the club require of him, ie turn up for training and matchdays. His Agent must be one hell of a salesman. But it's not purely down to him we are in this situation.

I can't remember either the forum being so united over a player, and we are equally united over Caulker for the totally opposite reason.

Interesting? My initial reaction was' horrifying'.

I knew his stats were bad, but what in the hell were we thinking when offering this player a contract? I do realise he was Coppell's player, and the board must back their Manager, but did noboby question this? I truly am staggered, it's not as if we haven't been burnt before (Dinning for example), so are there no checks or questions asked?

I don't know why I'm bothering, but in Hunt's defence he was brought in by Coppell. Maybe he is disillusioned and uninspired by the fact that Millen (who is probably a nobody in a Premier League player's eyes) is now in charge.

So it's no wonder Hunt sits out games injured, no doubt he is being paid well and is only obliged to do as the club require of him, ie turn up for training and matchdays. His Agent must be one hell of a salesman. But it's not purely down to him we are in this situation.

I can't remember either the forum being so united over a player, and we are equally united over Caulker for the totally opposite reason.

Its more than I was expecting!!!

99 starts for Bolton in 10 years - he was never a regular premier player.

It's a bit like Dagenham fans expecting they've signed a "ChampionshipStandard Player" in Akinde - just because we're in the Championship.

Hunt haqs been possibly our worst ever signing in recent years along with Styvar.

Incredible to think how managers can get it so wrong - 5 minutes on the Bolton forum would have revealed dozens of fans offering to drive him to Bristol with

overpaid waste of space the most common phrase used by the majority of Bolton fans

CR

99 starts for Bolton in 10 years - he was never a regular premier player.

It's a bit like Dagenham fans expecting they've signed a "ChampionshipStandard Player" in Akinde - just because we're in the Championship.

Hunt haqs been possibly our worst ever signing in recent years along with Styvar.

Incredible to think how managers can get it so wrong - 5 minutes on the Bolton forum would have revealed dozens of fans offering to drive him to Bristol with

overpaid waste of space the most common phrase used by the majority of Bolton fans

CR

I remember seeing posts on here announcing that we have a signed a far better right back than Orr. More incredibly is that an experienced manager, a professional as we are kept being told, considered Hunt to be a top player and an improvement. I would love to have been at the game Coppell watched when he earmarked him as a BCFC player. Staggering.

Is anyone else actually thinking that an average of nearly 32 games a season in the Premier League between 2003 - 2008 isnt actually too bad? after that helping Birmingham get promoted , then Derby and we know what happened after that! The seasons before breaking into the bolton first team are irrelevant arent they? Dont get me wrong, he has had a mare so far. But i do think he must have something there to work with. After all, thats what coaches and managers are ment to do, get the best out of the players they have.

Archived