IGNORED

Striker Shortage

Tom_BcFC

marlon jackson who has only scored 1 goal in 30 apperances in league two, that marlon jackson?

Rather go with one up front

Agreed, if you haven't got two strikers that you're confident enough to play together as a pair then go with one and pack the midfield. It's a no-brainer really.

to replace Stead we would need a similar type 'big man' striker to win headers and hold the ball up, Jackson isnt im afraid!

will be interesting to see if Maynard and Pitman can play together as i dont think they will be suited, as both play better alongside a big man

to replace Stead we would need a similar type 'big man' striker to win headers and hold the ball up, Jackson isnt im afraid!

will be interesting to see if Maynard and Pitman can play together as i dont think they will be suited, as both play better alongside a big man

You say that, but Maynard and Haynes was our best combination last season......

But I do agree, Maynard and Pitman is not an Ideal pairing.

We really are down to the 'bare' bones and this has got to be done, but i'd be surprised if no one is brought in this weekend!

As for fit 'first team players', we can probably pick from -

GK

James

Gerken

DF

Fontaine

Stewart

Carey

Nyatanga

Cisse

Caulker

MF

Elliot

Johnson

Skuse

Sproule

Adomah

JCR

ST

Clarkson

Pitman

and then

Hunt - where do I start.................

Williams - not good enough

Wilson - Injured, too young

Ribiero - Worringly Injury Prone, a real talent - injured

Edwards - not championship standard at all

Jackson - not championship standard at all

Ball - Too young

Lennox - Too young

Hoban - not championship standard at all

Keohane - not championship standard at all

Rose - injured

Maynard - injured

Stead - injured

13 of a 30 man squad are not adequate first team players, that is simply unacceptable and I feel sorry for Millen, as injuries cannot be helped!, but this is worrying times!

You say that, but Maynard and Haynes was our best combination last season......

But I do agree, Maynard and Pitman is not an Ideal pairing.

disagree with both of you. If we play football they can play together well. And remember, we have been playing all season with two wingers- playing two good footballing strikers should be good in the last third.

We have to get over this GJ big striker mentality at this club- especially when we dont have a "good" big striker.

disagree with both of you. If we play football they can play together well. And remember, we have been playing all season with two wingers- playing two good footballing strikers should be good in the last third.

We have to get over this GJ big striker mentality at this club- especially when we dont have a "good" big striker.

Your wrong in the assumption that I think we need a big man, but Pitman and Maynard are both goalscorers and very similar players - I would prefer another type of forward alongside one of our goalscorers.

Haynes and Maynard worked, because Haynes was a handful and commited defenders, give maynard much more time and space to work in - I dont see pitman doing that.

Totally agree - Maynard and Pitman might be the new Riley and Neville ! :fingerscrossed:

We really are down to the 'bare' bones and this has got to be done, but i'd be surprised if no one is brought in this weekend!

As for fit 'first team players', we can probably pick from -

GK

James

Gerken

DF

Fontaine

Stewart

Carey

Nyatanga

Cisse

Caulker

MF

Elliot

Johnson

Skuse

Sproule

Adomah

JCR

ST

Clarkson

Pitman

and then

Hunt - where do I start.................

Williams - not good enough

Wilson - Injured, too young

Ribiero - Worringly Injury Prone, a real talent - injured

Edwards - not championship standard at all

Jackson - not championship standard at all

Ball - Too young

Lennox - Too young

Hoban - not championship standard at all

Keohane - not championship standard at all

Rose - injured

Maynard - injured

Stead - injured

13 of a 30 man squad are not adequate first team players, that is simply unacceptable and I feel sorry for Millen, as injuries cannot be helped!, but this is worrying times!

So how can you prove that Hoban and Keohane 2 players that nobody has really seen anything of aren't or will not be of Championship quality over the coming years then?

So how can you prove that Hoban and Keohane 2 players that nobody has really seen anything of aren't or will not be of Championship quality over the coming years then?

And completely leave McAllister out of his list, too......

Jamie Mac has scored once this season which almost puts him in the frame for a go upfront as it stands..

I'm also interested in James Wilson being described as "too young" seeing as he's over 2 years older than Caulker!

Iwelumo in talks with Preston, why can't we get him down here?!

We should definitley try, exactly what we need on loan until end of season. Really hope he doesn't go to Preston as it will only make them stronger, and at the minute it looks like we'll be relying on three teams doing worse than us this season, Preston being one of them.

Your wrong in the assumption that I think we need a big man, but Pitman and Maynard are both goalscorers and very similar players - I would prefer another type of forward alongside one of our goalscorers.

Haynes and Maynard worked, because Haynes was a handful and commited defenders, give maynard much more time and space to work in - I dont see pitman doing that.

i guess we will just have to wait and see. Hopefully in the next month we will see Maynard back on the pitch!

You're probably right but I'd like to see it anyway. Maynard missed a lot of easy goals but scored barely possible ones from outside the box. He also has the awareness and selflessness to set up his partner.

Haynes was also perhaps Maynard's second partner to understand his game.

Seeboks..... accidentally sums up what is wrong at City. All of the youngster are either too young, or not good enough - How do we know if we never play them? Other clubs use youngsters as part of the first-team squad, trust them, and don't seem to do too badly, occasionally unearthing a gem.

Archived