IGNORED

Jackson, Clarkson Or Sproule?

Kibs

I'd go 4-4-1-1 with a midfielder in the hole prolly johnson and two holding midfielders in behind him,

but if i had to I'd stick ivan up there as I know he'd give 110%

just like he gave 110% when he came on in the Cardiff game with his place in the side at risk?

James

Carey

Caulker

Fontaine

Macca

Sproule

Elliott

Skuse/Cisse

Johnson

Adomah

Pitman

Subs

Gerkin

Stewart

JCR

Edwards

Jackson

Skuse/Cisse

Clarkson

So when push comes to shove , you would think about picking Skuse , despite your thread on Wednesday!!!

I'd go

James

Carey Caulker Fonts McAllister

Adomah Elliot Skuse JCR

Johnson/Clarkson

Pitman

Jackson cant score in league 2, whats makes you think he'll do so at this level?

Pitman and Sproule for me.

He can't do any worse than Clarkson and league 2 football is very different to the championship. Some players perform better with better players around them.

Simply put, out of those 3 players, in a 4-4-2, I would personally prefer to see him starting up front over Clarkson and Sproule.

Despite the fact he has done little in his last two games it has to be Clarkson.

Jackson has played over 30 league two games and scored one goal.

One other major reason being that to accommodate Sproule (is anyone who has watched him over the last 4 years seriously thinking that he can play up front?) we'd have to move one of our best players (Adomah) out of his best position.

Also whatever we think of Clarkson this does give him the chance that he will have wanted and I suppose if I was SL and in charge of the purse strings, wouldn't it be reasonable to ask the question as to why we paid £600k for a 25 year old international striker in the first place if we didn't intend playing him at times like this?

Can anyone honestly see our rivals, the likes of S****horpe, Preston, Palace or ahem, Barnsley spending this sum and leaving him on the bench?

Time for him to justify a previous managers' faith in his ability, then, I think.

Give Clarkson a chance I say. He's not a bad player but for some reason we have not yet seen the best of him.

Who knows, perhaps he can produce another wonder goal like that brilliant lob over the Leicester keeper at AG.

Mind you I think that goal was actually a tad lucky and I am still not convinced that is what he thought he was going to do when the ball came to him.

But, I can remember the sudden realisation by all of us that the hanging ball was going to drop into the net.

Come on Clarky, let's have a bit more of that on Tuesday.

Surely starting with Jackson actually means using an academy product doesn't it? We don't do that.

Anyway, it won't happen.

Might as well let Clarkson have a run. I don't think he's as bad as some suggest. He may not have any pace at all, but he at least always looks for the ball and tries to make something happen.

I'd stick the lad Williams on the bench from the acadamy. Give him a 15min run out towards the end and see what he's got..you never know. One thing for sure he can't do any worse than the regular first team forwards.

Do you mean Wilson?

I'd be interested if you've seen him play because it is one hell of a step up from academy football in which the likes of Marlon Jackson were also prolific..........

Do you mean Wilson?

I'd be interested if you've seen him play because it is one hell of a step up from academy football in which the likes of Marlon Jackson were also prolific..........

Yeah I meant Wilson :dunno: , never seen him play but heard good things from people who have. It probally is a step to far but with the current injuries and goal drought surely its better to include him rather than putting an injured player who was never going to play on the bench.

Archived