IGNORED

Good Enough

Port Said Red

BECAUSE HE IS BETTER THAN AT LEAST 3 OF THE PLAYERS YOU MENTION.

Yes, I know... I'm shouting now...

Well...I really hope he is and I, like everyone else, hopes he turns out to be a star at City.

However, the point I'm trying to make is, why are we signing players in areas that we already have cover in? Bust a gut to get the players in we need urgently, then in the summer, move on your Sproules and JCR's and bring in your Woolfords etc

There are, and you wouldn't have known about Jones if it wasn't for PNE's chairman trying to make a statement.

Of course, I'm sure millen is doing things in the background - I'm not worried that I've not heard anything - I'm worried that I'll wake up tomorrow and we'll still only have jamie mac lumping it from left back.

we have needed a left back since millens been in charge and year or so before that.

I accepted that in august he did'nt have enough time to find a left back. - but 4 months has now passed and I dont think there can be any excuses.

I thought we needed to trim the wage bill?

If billy jones is a no goer then there are other left backs about.

Are there? What just any old left back? Not one KM, rates, wants, that wants to come, we can afford, will fit the wage bill? What do you think a Manager has to take into account when making signings? Any of these things, none of them? Go on KM just sign a left back, to keep Riaz happy, or more likely that he can criticise for not being the one he would have chosen.

Are there? What just any old left back? Not one KM, rates, wants, that wants to come, we can afford, will fit the wage bill? What do you think a Manager has to take into account when making signings? Any of these things, none of them? Go on KM just sign a left back, to keep Riaz happy, or more likely that he can criticise for not being the one he would have chosen.

Millen needs to sign a left back to shore up the defence, not to keep me happy.

He has been in charge since august - he should have been looking from day one.

My worry is that millen actually rates Jamie McAllister

Once/If confirmed I'll be incredibly pleased with the Keogh and Woolford signings. Both players we need. I wouldnt leave it down to Clarkson to bail us out of the mess were in. Keogh is a good championship footballer who will improve the current first eleven, let alone the squad. Same with Woolford. Rose has continually flattered to decieve and if he was on loan from a league one side, we'd all be saying how inconsistently pants he's been. JCR is also average at best. Woolford (hopefully) should be a improvement on them. Keef is gradually moulding his own squad, an providing he can keep us in the division, I think next year could be a more successful and enoyable season (maybe top 10?). Especially if we're finally looking at established championship performers such as the highly rated Jones at PNE. Hopefully though Millen has a couple more jewells up his sleeve before 11pm also.

Maybe I'm a little greedy!!

I suppose each deal has to be throught about individually.

Millen might be chasing a winger for example and if we get him now rather than wait until the summer we might have to pay a fee, if we wait we could get him 'free' but this would also attract more interest and competition too. We then may have a situation when we have 3 players for one position for a while, one could be on loan anyway and we have no chance/intention of signing. The other could be on his way out in the summer anyway?

I suppose there could be advantages of getting player now and bedding them in the rest of the season to 'hit the ground running ' for the start of next season, but I think we've been there before!

saved me time to write the same thing! if we can get him now may as well get him if he attacking creating chances, should mean we spend more time attacking and keeping it in the oppositions half. I don't see JCR as a left winger and Rose isn't consistent enough. If he plays as well as he has for Scunny he would most importantly make it harder to double up on Adomah if both wings are lethal!

Really don't see why people are moaning about not getting the left back and creative midfielder seems Millen had made this a priority Jones was the LB but preston wanted to hold on and no point buying a average left back when there is the loan window still. then same with creative midfield rumours about Danns and some others but if it doesn't work no point in panic buys in the mean time good idea to get players in other positions if available.

I think if Rose is fit I think he could be moved into a more central role which is apparently his favoured position, Woolford on the left and Keogh upfront with Pitman will give us a great chance of picking up some vital wins before Maynard and Stead come back from injury.

I've never been convinced that Rose is a winger (although he's knocked over a few good crosses, to be fair), but would like to see what he can do in the centre, where I think he has the potential to do something none of our current midfielders does well, which is to run at the opposition with the ball. He's also more than capable of putting his foot in and winning the ball for us. So if we get ourselves a good player for the left side of midfield, and that pushes Rose into the middle, I think that one signing might just improve us in two positions, and improve our creativity a great deal - which would be pretty good business.

We'll see, but I'm with the OP here: the business we're trying to do seems to be pretty sensible. I think we'll have enough to stay up, in spite of recent form, and if I'm right I'd rather we didn't pay over the odds for players now, but kept what little money we can spare in the bank until we can reshape the squad properly.

It worries me more that I rate him, having slated him since we got promoted, including after a dreadful performance at Doncaster this season. Over the last couple of months before his injury he's been a class act, from seemingly nowhere. The summer is the time when real business can be done, much as it sounds like an excuse. Millen and GJ before him have gone on about how the January window ramps up prices to a stupid to a degree, to the extent the LMA have complained about the window this season. It's unfortunate he hasn't been able to get anyone in, but we've been looking for a replacement/competition for JM for a long while now and January is not the most likely time to find one. It just so happens that we're looking for the 2 positions most difficult to fill, and in the time most difficult to fill them.

Maybe we should be thinking outside the box with the Woolford signing (Not a done deal yet mind). Any chance he could take the "creative midfilder" role that we so "desperately need"??

Think it's a great signing who could play in various roles in the team. Besides he could be good at getting back and helping the left back out, which is what we need. Give it time before you slate Millens signings....

Considering KM was given a remit to reduce the squad generally I think he has done a good job in this transfer window, assuming Woolford signs. Keogh on loan helps shore up a threadbare forward line, Woolford can add something we have been lacking, (Supply to the strikers) and if WIlliams leaves that should help balance the books a little.

It's a shame that Williams hasn't been given a chance this season. Elliott, Skuse, Johnson are all defensively minded and much of a muchness and have all disappointed this season. But all have been retained and persevered with. William IS capable of delivering a good pass, and unlike the three aforementioned has been known to score the odd goal.

Still, what will be will be. Let's just hope that todays deals will turn the tide in our favour!!

I'm going to judge the signings on how they play for us and the results we get rather than slamming the manager before we see them kick a ball together.

Just an idea some others may want to give a go.

Don't you come running to me when one of the new signings misplaces his first pass tomorrow night, you'll live to regret this completely rational way of thinking

I'm always amazed at how much potential signings get slagged off in here beforehand. I get that we need players in other areas, but if they aren't here you can't support them. You can, however, support the lads that have signed up. As SC says, give it a go - what could go wrong?

There's a lot more of us who rate JM.As i have said before, when he actually has a left sided player in front of him it enables him to pass the ball instead of no other option except knock it long.

Up until Rose came in he has not had a natural left footed player in tandem with him for at least a season.

IMO he's a good Championship left back.

There's a lot more of us who rate JM.As i have said before, when he actually has a left sided player in front of him it enables him to pass the ball instead of no other option except knock it long.

Up until Rose came in he has not had a natural left footed player in tandem with him for at least a season.

I'm another who thinks Jamie Mac is a solid left back. I may have missed a few away games in which he's supposedly had a 'mare, but in general I haven't been able to see what the vitriol aimed at him on this forum was all about. He's not the greatest distributor of the ball (but he's better than Bradley Orr, who's still a hero on here) and his positional play is usually very good.

I'd like us to have better cover for him than we've had recently, but I don't believe he deserves the criticism he gets on here, from anything I've seen.

You can't alwasy get what you want. I assume Keogh has signed as cover and the fact Maynard is unlikely to play again this season (Just my thoughts).

If the Scunny lad is anything like Albert then I don't think we need a central midfielder so desperately.

Frankly I'd like a new back 4 and ship out Hunt, Stewart, and Cisse.

But we can't always have what we want.

So why spend money on positions where we have plenty of players who can do a job there?

JCR & Rose both play on the left.

We have Maynard, Pitman, Clarkson & Stead up front, with adomah able to play up front.

yet we have only one very poor left back and not one midfielder that can knock the ball about a bit.

You do make a valid point. Clearly though Keogh was needed as we have 2 of the 4 you mention out injured. Also some have said on another thread that Rose could come inside and Woolford go out left; not, perhaps, the perfect scenario though. As for left back.. that, it seems, will rumble on now for a while.

**** me your as thick as a whale omelette Riaz. Just go out and buy any old left back and any old midfielder because Riaz is having a panic attack. Have you been in charge of the rovers recent recruitment drive, cause they've just gone and signed any old shit just to appease brainless fans. Do you think we are the only club after a decent left back and more importantly a quality attacking midfielder is as rare as rocking horse shit.

You can't alwasy get what you want. I assume Keogh has signed as cover and the fact Maynard is unlikely to play again this season (Just my thoughts).

If the Scunny lad is anything like Albert then I don't think we need a central midfielder so desperately.

Frankly I'd like a new back 4 and ship out Hunt, Stewart, and Cisse.

But we can't always have what we want.

Been looking through the scunny forums and seems Woolford is more skill than pace but do tend to agree in some ways if we have both wings flowing a little less pressure on the CM's though of course be nice to get a creative midfielder never know may be someone in the loan market.

+2..

**** me your as thick as a whale omelette Riaz. Just go out and buy any old left back and any old midfielder because Riaz is having a panic attack. Have you been in charge of the rovers recent recruitment drive, cause they've just gone and signed any old shit just to appease brainless fans. Do you think we are the only club after a decent left back and more importantly a quality attacking midfielder is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Where have I said any left back? mouthy *****

Millen has had plenty of time to find a left back - and young players in the lower leagues who could step up - its just about finding them

Where have I said any left back? mouthy *****

Millen has had plenty of time to find a left back - and young players in the lower leagues who could step up - its just about finding them

Millen has found one. The club he plays for wont sell him at the moment so he's prepared to wait till the summer to get him for free. Whats the problem?

Millen has found one. The club he plays for wont sell him at the moment so he's prepared to wait till the summer to get him for free. Whats the problem?

Wait til the summer when we might not get him??? when we need one now?

Wait til the summer when we might not get him??? when we need one now?

So buy one he's not so keen on just so your happy?

We dont need one now. We have Jamie Macallister and players who can fill in.

Have you not seen what happens to a squad if you buy players that arent good enough instead of holding out for the players you know are better than you have? Try bcfc.co.uk for details.

Have you not seen what happens to a squad if you buy players that arent good enough instead of holding out for the players you know are better than you have? Try bcfc.co.uk for details.

Millen has had plenty of time to find a left back good enough - just making excuses for him.

And as you point out - we've only got Jamie McAllister - who has been very poor for at least 2 years - and he is injured!

So buy one he's not so keen on just so your happy?

jamie mac is fine at this level with fontaine/nyatanga as back up.....in all fairness i am happy with just keogh in this windonw a big frontman to replace stead and chip in with goals.....think we have enough to avoid relagation after which i would hope a mass clearout in the summer followed by purchases to make a statement

Archived