IGNORED

Good Enough

Port Said Red

**** me your as thick as a whale omelette Riaz. Just go out and buy any old left back and any old midfielder because Riaz is having a panic attack. Have you been in charge of the rovers recent recruitment drive, cause they've just gone and signed any old shit just to appease brainless fans. Do you think we are the only club after a decent left back and more importantly a quality attacking midfielder is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Do you think it might be possible for you to be slightly less of a thug?

jamie mac is fine at this level with fontaine/nyatanga as back up.....in all fairness i am happy with just keogh in this windonw a big frontman to replace stead and chip in with goals.....think we have enough to avoid relagation after which i would hope a mass clearout in the summer followed by purchases to make a statement

I still think there will be some loan signings coming in next week when the loan window opens again, and that could end up bringing even more quality in, with the chance of signing them permanantly in the summer.

I still think there will be some loan signings coming in next week when the loan window opens again, and that could end up bringing even more quality in, with the chance of signing them permanantly in the summer.

yep agreed mate......loan signings are often great signings.....plenty to prove etc

Millen has had plenty of time to find a left back good enough - just making excuses for him.

And as you point out - we've only got Jamie McAllister - who has been very poor for at least 2 years - and he is injured!

yes he has had plenty of time to find one... And he's found one. His name is Billy Jones and Millens happy to wait until the summer to try and get him rather than pay stupid money now. You might be happy to spend somebody elses money but Millen knows the value he puts on a player and isnt prepared to be ripped off.

Mcallister will be back this week and we have players who can fill in.

Macallister is fine with a decent left footed player in front of him as he will show once he's played a few games with Woolford.

Says the person who rates jamie mcallister....

Where in any of my posts have i said i rate jm. Answer is i haven't.What i'm trying get through to you is Millen can't just wave a magic wand and get in who he wants. Other clubs with a richer history and bank balance are in for the same players. Why would players want to come to a lower championship side rather than one hovering around the play offs. Therefore we have to bide our time to get the right players in. That's why i called you thick because you fail to realise that we are a average to small club in this league.

Considering KM was given a remit to reduce the squad generally I think he has done a good job in this transfer window, assuming Woolford signs. Keogh on loan helps shore up a threadbare forward line, Woolford can add something we have been lacking, (Supply to the strikers) and if WIlliams leaves that should help balance the books a little. Other players may not leave until the summer, but this gives a bit of lift without too much disruption.

Shame it seems we can't pick up a full back as well, but it's actually a position we can "make do and mend" in for now, we could go back to Preston when the season finishes and pick up Jones for a more sensible deal, especially if PNE go down. I think KM has shown he will not be panicked by the deadline day fever that hits some clubs.

Two good signings from what I've seen of them...admittedly one match on TV in Woolford's case. Good business. I'm impressed.

Disappointing if the left back and central midfield positions are left unfilled and continue to impact on performance...but great if Jamie Mac comes back and plays to his best.

Certainly better than I expected and I'll give KM credit for that.

Where in any of my posts have i said i rate jm. Answer is i haven't.What i'm trying get through to you is Millen can't just wave a magic wand and get in who he wants. Other clubs with a richer history and bank balance are in for the same players. Why would players want to come to a lower championship side rather than one hovering around the play offs. Therefore we have to bide our time to get the right players in. That's why i called you thick because you fail to realise that we are a average to small club in this league.

I'm not expecting miracles - I dont expect an amazing player and I realise we're not a big draw for players... I said on here the other day that only s****horpe are smaller than us in this league - so I dont need a lecture on how unattractive we are as a club.

but I think we can afford a decent youngish player from the lower leagues at the very least.

I think most of us agree we have an unbalanced squad that needs addressing - not further imbalance.

Our number 1 priority in the summer should have been a full back and in this window also - but I dont think it has

Two good signings from what I've seen of them...admittedly one match on TV in Woolford's case. Good business. I'm impressed.

Disappointing if the left back and central midfield positions are left unfilled and continue to impact on performance...but great if Jamie Mac comes back and plays to his best.

Certainly better than I expected and I'll give KM credit for that.

Steve,

Surely it is a possibility that provided Rose returns fit at some point we'll give him a go in the middle now we've signed another wide left player in Woolford?

I'm not expecting miracles - I dont expect an amazing player and I realise we're not a big draw for players... I said on here the other day that only s****horpe are smaller than us in this league - so I dont need a lecture on how unattractive we are as a club.

but I think we can afford a decent youngish player from the lower leagues at the very least.

I think most of us agree we have an unbalanced squad that needs addressing - not further imbalance.

Our number 1 priority in the summer should have been a full back and in this window also - but I dont think it has

I understand your points and yes we have got a very unbalanced squad but it takes time to sort these problems out. Millen has said in the past he would like to get in young hungry players with a sale on value i.e. Billy Jones. If for whatever reason he's not found the right player(s) then he is better off waiting than buying someone that won't be good enough in the long term (Akinde) anyone.

Steve,

Surely it is a possibility that provided Rose returns fit at some point we'll give him a go in the middle now we've signed another wide left player in Woolford?

That would be good - is he close to a return?...and did I read that Woolford can play across the middle?

Two players who add quality to the squad. Always been impressed with Keogh...an annoying player to have in an opposing side. As someone said elsewhere could build a similar partnership with Pittman to the one he had with Sharp. Hoping to be there tomorrow.

I agree that centre mid was the no 1 priority but still think woolford is a good signing.

Hopefully we will pick up a creative centre mid on loan when the next loan window opens to see us through to end of season

I dont want us to sign any players permanently unless they have been well researched and Millen/SL reckons they can take this club forward in the long term. No panic buys please

There's a lot more of us who rate JM.As i have said before, when he actually has a left sided player in front of him it enables him to pass the ball instead of no other option except knock it long.

Up until Rose came in he has not had a natural left footed player in tandem with him for at least a season.

IMO he's a good Championship left back.

Totally agree, we've missed him when he's not played.

Says the person who rates jamie mcallister....

whats your point i rate jamie mcallister....we have been poorer defensively without him in the side, and once again is a very competant left back at this level....alto i am getting bored of telling people about this who clearly have no appreciation of the game about this.....

We have signed keogh....great signing, gives stead plenty of time to recover over next few months.....their will be 3 worse teams than us mark my words......then if we dont have wholesale clearout in summer i would be very surprised.......

Please can we all just realise the season is all about riding it out until May!!! then i believe the club will look very different come august

whats your point i rate jamie mcallister....we have been poorer defensively without him in the side, and once again is a very competant left back at this level....alto i am getting bored of telling people about this who clearly have no appreciation of the game about this.....

We have signed keogh....great signing, gives stead plenty of time to recover over next few months.....their will be 3 worse teams than us mark my words......then if we dont have wholesale clearout in summer i would be very surprised.......

Please can we all just realise the season is all about riding it out until May!!! then i believe the club will look very different come august

It was'nt a dig at you - It was a dig in retaliation to poster I replied to - your entitled to your opinion. Mine is I think he is nowhere near good enough

yes he has had plenty of time to find one... And he's found one. His name is Billy Jones and Millens happy to wait until the summer to try and get him rather than pay stupid money now. You might be happy to spend somebody elses money but Millen knows the value he puts on a player and isnt prepared to be ripped off.

Mcallister will be back this week and we have players who can fill in.

Macallister is fine with a decent left footed player in front of him as he will show once he's played a few games with Woolford.

Not having a go here and I think Jones will be a good signing but is'nt he a right back?.

Why does he pass sideways and backwards so often then?

Xavi passes sideways (not so sure about backwards) rather a lot, but he is a pretty good player. I guess in both cases, sideways and backwards to keep possession and gradually build up a head of steam. Most (but not all) of the top sides around today are usually pretty controlling in possession and sideways and backwards passes are a key part of that. In most cases these days, it's very much a case of 'Control the midfield control the game!'

Now, I'm not for one moment comparing the two ability wise, but keeping possession is important and I'd rather the midfield passed backwards or sideways to exert a bit of control, than lost possession cheaply through a quick, which turned out to be poor, attempt at a forward pass.

I'd love to see a midfield of: Woolford Rose Elliott Adomah

As people have previously said Rose could be more effective in the middle of midfield, and this is a way of encorporating a left footed left winger and a good attacking midfielder in the same team.

However surprised to see so many supporting Macca as a 'decent championship left back'. Yes he has a decent delivery and is certainly more effective when playing with a left sided LM, but can't believe anyone who has watched him for the last few seasons doesn't see him as anything other than a defensive liability. He's positionally awful, lacks pace and always dives in. The peno he gave away at Donny at the start of the season is testament to all 3...

Yes we don't have better alternatives in the squad, but the loan deadline opens again in a week or so. Ryan Bertrand has recently returned to Chelsea from his loan at Forrest (who have just signed Konchesky)... Keef please!!!

'I'd love to see a midfield of: Woolford Rose Elliott Adomah'

Id be happy to see us have a go with this, still hope we can maybe get a more natural attacking centre mid when the loan window opens

looks like KM has assembled most of the front half of his long term side now

------------------Stead----------Maynard---------------------- (pitman as cover)

Woolford---------?---------------Elliot--------------Adomah

A quality centre mid and a new back four at end of the season and it will be happy days :laugh:

Archived