IGNORED

'attacking Midfield' At Last

richieb

Now I realise it's only one game, but how long have we waited for that one performance that brought a smile to the face. :clap:

DW did it this way when at Barnsley, but for some reason this season he put the emphasis on defence.

Known fact that every player was going on that pitch with one thing as a priority. DEFENDING.

Now we don't have the players to carry out these tasks & today proved the real reason that Middlesboro fans rated LW.

He was being told to carry out a role that didn't suit his strengths.

Things have been so dire & to hear the way that we went about todays task,brings the belief back.

City have bored the pants off us & now we could be waking up & believing we have the players to hurt the opposition. :clap:

I for one would be happy to take this performance week in week out. Even if we don't get it right every week, I would be happier knowing that we gave it a real go with pace & movement.

Totally agree Ritchie, why we have waited so long to see a city team set out to actually take the game to the opposition is beyond me.

We don't look solid enough to hang on to 1-0 wins home or away and this has let us down big time so far this season, i have been, like many others, completely frustrated at watching a side, that last year attacked and scored goals for fun, only to be bored into a negative style of football this year.

As someone else has said on this forum, if he changes the team at all next week he would seriously need his head examined, why change a winning side???

I'm very pleased especially for Miller, Roberts and Wilkshire who by the sounds of it played a big part in the win, lets give these players more games in the side from the start and play them in their rightful positions, it's got to help surely!

Makes you ask why Wilson decided after 17 league games to change tactics.Dropping both Butler and Burnell to the bench was a major switch from previously and I wonder what convinced Wilson to make these changes.

Not many of us fans would have predicted such a move even though' many have called for team changes on this Forum.

I do wonder though' whether Wilson would have dropped golden boy Peacock if he had been fit.Somehow I think not.

Could be the kick up the backside Butler needs after a few below par performances and could make all players feel that no matter who they are no one is guaranteed a 1st team place.

Lets hope Peacock has lost his paracetamols/immodium and cant get to his local GP for a pre-prescription before Saturday!! :clap:

Archived