IGNORED

Nicky Maynard Is Back

South Bristol Red

I don't want to be a part pooper, but I'd rather Nicky has a couple more reserve games to get on the goal trail and regain his confidence.

I would hate for him to come on, struggle and then read on here that he's past it! Or worse Have a set back. Make no mistake defenders will know of his injury and will be out to give him a thwak on it asap. If Nickys a yard of the pace he may be to slow to get out of the way.

I don't want to be a part pooper, but I'd rather Nicky has a couple more reserve games to get on the goal trail and regain his confidence.

I would hate for him to come on, struggle and then read on here that he's past it! Or worse Have a set back. Make no mistake defenders will know of his injury and will be out to give him a thwak on it asap. If Nickys a yard of the pace he may be to slow to get out of the way.

Totally agree. I would certainly be very cautious with Nicky. For one, we have at the moment a good selection of forward players. So i would certainly leave it at least a couple of full games for the reserves before his return. Then return to the bench and then go from there. If things go well over the next couple of games i would even leave it a game or 2 longer. But im sure that KM will not rush him back too soon.:fingerscrossed:

We could have nicky, torres and carroll as our frontline and we would still not score.

Until we are able to string two passes together and actually CREATE A CLEAR CUT CHANCE, we will not score weather nicky is playing or not.

Sorry,I do not really understand that comment considering our last outing

Yes I grant you..... a bottom of the league team but what you say does not ring true does it?

UP THE CITY!

The more points the better!

This is brillant news and gives Millen a great head ache once Maynard is fully fit choosing between the on form Pitman and Maynard. For the leeds game I would of thought he'll be bought on for 5/10 minutes if we're not in a losing at the time.

true.

But then again, even if we are losing, the noise the fans will make when he comes on would lift the players (well it should do anyway)

true.

But then again, even if we are losing, the noise the fans will make when he comes on would lift the players (well it should do anyway)

well yes maybe quite tempting if we say only one goal down, But for his confidence if we either drawing or winning it would take the pressure of him trying too much .For example his sliding tackles on oppositions defenders and just in general expecting too much of him and hopefully not rushed comeback.

The thing is we have to be prepared for a situation where if a starting striker pulls a hammy in the 1st minute Maynard may have to play for 89 + minutes. If he cant he shouldnt be on the bench.

Let him have another ressie game and get his scoring boots back on

we all know millen is taking his comeback very seriously and so doubt would be risked add to the fact we have 7 subs so can afford to have one who will only may play a small part in the game.

Archived