IGNORED

Nicky Maynard Is Back

South Bristol Red

from twitter

bcfctweets Twitter Exclusive: Nicky Maynard makes playing comeback as second half sub in reserve game v Southampton.

:dancing2:

Great news... but I'm just waiting for another update in an hours time saying it was a gamble, it's backfired and he's facing a further god knows how long on the sidelines.......

We could have nicky, torres and carroll as our frontline and we would still not score.

Until we are able to string two passes together and actually CREATE A CLEAR CUT CHANCE, we will not score weather nicky is playing or not.

not quite correct, Maynard must have gotten at least 10 last season which were either half chances or all out wonderstrikes - having that kind of finishing available to you when nothing else is working must knock the confidence of the opposition - they cant let him have any time on the ball anywhere within 35 yards of their own goal.

Ordinarily you would say there is only so long those will keep going in, but last season, they did keep going in.

We could have nicky, torres and carroll as our frontline and we would still not score.

Until we are able to string two passes together and actually CREATE A CLEAR CUT CHANCE, we will not score weather nicky is playing or not.

Have you never seen Nicky Maynard play... Oh right I forgot, Nicky didn't ping one in against Coventry, Blackpool, QPR, Cardiff, need I go on... So yeah, this lad obviously needs a clear cut chance.

Have you never seen Nicky Maynard play... Oh right I forgot, Nicky didn't ping one in against Coventry, Blackpool, QPR, Cardiff, need I go on... So yeah, this lad obviously needs a clear cut chance.

Have I ever seen nicky play? No course not, I don't even like football, I'm just making my opinion based on the crap I read on here flower.

He hasn't kicked a ball for nearly 9 months, and you expect him to come back in to the team and bang them I'm from all angles straight away? The lads good, hell of a player when on form and full fitness, but you would be expecting miracles if you think it would happen after the length of time he's been out.

Have I ever seen nicky play? No course not, I don't even like football, I'm just making my opinion based on the crap I read on here flower.

He hasn't kicked a ball for nearly 9 months, and you expect him to come back in to the team and bang them I'm from all angles straight away? The lads good, hell of a player when on form and full fitness, but you would be expecting miracles if you think it would happen after the length of time he's been out.

Fine, I don't disagree, he'll take time to get back to fitness, but you said we could have Torres and Carrol too and still not score... Torres is fully fit and has the ability to score from anywhere. :)

He could of played with a cast and crutches and he'd be better than most of our players!

I'd hope more seeing Maynard coming back to fitness, then on the subs bench would give the team more confidence and the opposition something to worry about.

No team would play well after you take out the bloke who scores 50% of your goals from outside the 18 yard box...

he started the reserve match today verses swindon

quotes from bean_head (adam baker) on twitter

bean_head At Failand for a ressie game against Swindon. Nicky Maynard plans to get a 45-minute run-out. Just had a good chat with Danny Wilson.

bean_head #BristolCity Team: Carey; Muggeridge, Stewart, Hunt, Bryan; Sproule, Hoban, Johnson, Keohane, Wilson; Maynard.

bean_head Nicky superb run and has shot cleared off the line. So close. #BristolCity

bean_head Nicky completes 61 minutes in the end. Still 1-0 down.

he started the reserve match today verses swindon

quotes from bean_head (adam baker) on twitter

bean_head At Failand for a ressie game against Swindon. Nicky Maynard plans to get a 45-minute run-out. Just had a good chat with Danny Wilson.

bean_head #BristolCity Team: Carey; Muggeridge, Stewart, Hunt, Bryan; Sproule, Hoban, Johnson, Keohane, Wilson; Maynard.

bean_head Nicky superb run and has shot cleared off the line. So close. #BristolCity

bean_head Nicky completes 61 minutes in the end. Still 1-0 down.

bench on saturday and a 15minute run out then?

Excellent news. when fit, he is one of the best, if not the, best forward in the division. Also, what struck me from that report was Holloway getting a goal, hasnt he been scoring for fun in the u-18's since he was converted from a defender to a striker? What with Edwards finally getting a look in could he be the next to come through to 1st team level? I dont think Jackson is quite good enough for this level, i'd like to see him get a run, but i do genuinly think Holloway could be an excellent player for us. Heres hoping he gets a loan spell or even better a little run when (fingerscrossed.gif) we are safe from relegation with 5 games to spare. Bring on the Leeds, would love to see Maynard get a run.

Archived