IGNORED

Next Seasons Squad

spudski

For a bit of fun...bored today... I wrote a list of players currently in our first team Squad. I've put in brackets next to some players names, where i see them being next season. The one's with nothing, i see BCFC keeping.

Interestingly i can see up to 15 players going, if we can get rid of them, or leaving of their own accord.

If we are still in this league, I can see the need next season,for a new RB, another 2 CB's, a new LB. The need for 2 new central Midfielders, and a couple of squad players.

Like i said, just a bit of fun and based on no knowledge, just gut feelings and from what i've read on websites, and seen at the Gate.

Any thoughts?

1 GK David James (Gone?) Can't see him staying unless offered coaching job.

2 DF Nicky Hunt (Gone) If anyone will have him

3 DF Jamie McAllister (Gone?) Ditto

4 DF Liam Fontaine

5 DF Damion Stewart (Gone)

6 DF Louis Carey (captain) (Gone or released)

7 MF Marvin Elliott (Gone)

8 MF Lee Johnson (Gone)

9 FW David Clarkson (Gone)

10 FW Nicky Maynard

11 MF Martyn Woolford

12 GK Dean Gerken

14 MF Cole Skuse

15 FW Andy Keogh (on loan from Wolves) (Gone or signed)

17 MF Ivan Sproule (Gone)

18 DF James Wilson

19 DF Christian Ribeiro

20 MF Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Gone)

21 DF Kalifa Cissé (Not sure)

22 DF Lewin Nyatanga (Again not sure)

23 DF Joe Edwards

24 FW Marlon Jackson

25 DF Danny Ball

26 DF Joe Lennox

27 MF Albert Adomah

29 MF Patrick Hoban (Loaned?)

30 FW Jon Stead

31 MF Jimmy Keohane (Loaned?)

34 FW Brett Pitman

35 MF Danny Rose (on loan from Tottenham) (Gone back to Spurs)

36 DF Steven Caulker (on loan from Tottenham) (Ditto)

13 GK Stephen Henderson (at Yeovil Town until the end of the 2010/11 season)

16 FW John Akinde (Gone)

If we stay up:

GKRS- James, Gerken, Henderson (if not IOC)

DFRS- Carey, Ribiero, McAllister, Fontaine, Nyatanga, J Wilson

MFRS- Elliott, Skuse, Adomah, Woolford, JCR

STKS- Maynard, Stead, Pitman

If we go down:

GKRS- Gerken, Henderson (if not IOC)

DFRS- Carey, Ribiero, McAllister, Nyatanga, Edwards, J Wilson

MFRS- Adomah, Woolford, JCR, Ball

STKS- Pitman, Jackson

If we go down, I think Hunt, Nyatanga, Stewart, Fontaine, Elliott, Skuse, Cisse, Maynard, Clarkson & Stead will ask for a move & James won't renew.

Sproule & Johnson will be released and obviously the young 2 Irish kids will not be offered new deals.

BCAGFC

JUST MY THOUGHTS...

1 GK David James (Gone?) Can't see him staying unless offered coaching job. - FIRST TEAM

2 DF Nicky Hunt (Gone) If anyone will have him - GONE

3 DF Jamie McAllister (Gone?) Ditto - SECOND TEAM/BENCH

4 DF Liam Fontaine - SECOND TEAM/BENCH

5 DF Damion Stewart (Gone) - GONE

6 DF Louis Carey (captain) (Gone or released) FIRST TEAM/BENCH

7 MF Marvin Elliott (Gone) FIRST TEAM

8 MF Lee Johnson (Gone) GONE

9 FW David Clarkson (Gone) GONE

10 FW Nicky Maynard - FIRST TEAM

11 MF Martyn Woolford - FIRST TEAM

12 GK Dean Gerken - GONE

14 MF Cole Skuse - BENCH

15 FW Andy Keogh (on loan from Wolves) (Gone or signed) - GONE

17 MF Ivan Sproule (Gone) - GONE

18 DF James Wilson - SECOND TEAM

19 DF Christian Ribeiro - BENCH

20 MF Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Gone) - GONE

21 DF Kalifa Cissé (Not sure) - BENCH

22 DF Lewin Nyatanga (Again not sure) - GONE

23 DF Joe Edwards - SECOND TEAM

24 FW Marlon Jackson - SECOND TEAM

25 DF Danny Ball - SECOND TEAM

26 DF Joe Lennox - SECOND TEAM

27 MF Albert Adomah - FIRST TEAM

29 MF Patrick Hoban (Loaned?) - GONE

30 FW Jon Stead - FIRST TEAM

31 MF Jimmy Keohane (Loaned?) - BENCH

34 FW Brett Pitman - FIRST TEAM/BENCH

35 MF Danny Rose (on loan from Tottenham) (Gone back to Spurs) - GONE

36 DF Steven Caulker (on loan from Tottenham) (Ditto) - GONE

13 GK Stephen Henderson (at Yeovil Town until the end of the 2010/11 season) - BENCH

16 FW John Akinde (Gone) - GONE

If we manage too stay up then I'd keep James, Maynard, Stead, Pitman, and Adomah as they are

the only championship standard players we have. The rest can all go to L1 and L2 where they belong.

Loans players of course Caulker and maybe Keogh?

If we go down then reluctantly I'd also keep Fontaine and Elliott to go with the others, If they'd stay? :no:

The rest can go along with all backroom staff as we need a complete refresh as the place has gone stale with

too may people in a nice lovely comfort zone with SFA happening and no fresh ideas.

If we manage too stay up then I'd keep James, Maynard, Stead, Pitman, and Adomah as they are

the only championship standard players we have. The rest can all go to L1 and L2 where they belong.

Loans players of course Caulker and maybe Keogh?

If we go down then reluctantly I'd also keep Fontaine and Elliott to go with the others, If they'd stay? :no:

The rest can go along with all backroom staff as we need a complete refresh as the place has gone stale with

too may people in a nice lovely comfort zone with SFA happening and no fresh ideas.

So you'd kick Woolford in the groin before he even kicks a ball? disapointed2se.gif

Would keep Woolford, Gerken, Skuse, Henderson, Pitman, Stead, Maynard, Adomah, Fontaine, Ribeiro and James Wilson.

Would be good if we could retain Keogh. Rose remains an enigma,but will never be a Premier League regular unless he applies himself, in my opinion. Could potentially build a career here. Caulker? YES PLEASE SANTA!!!

Stewart, Hunt and Cisse were simply BAD business. Any sale or mutual agreement to terminate etc (particularly for Hunt)

should be considered. We will not recoup much of the outlay on these.

Carey is a veteran and a player/coach role may suit. City stalwart but time is catching up with our Louis. Still shows more heart/fight/passion than the rest tho!

Elliott, Johnson, Campbell-Ryce, Clarkson, Akinde, Sproule, McAllister and Nyatanga (all incidentally signed by the short bald messianic figure some want back) can go, not good enough/committed enough/consistent enough.

James( and this is in my admitted ignorance of any contract arrangements) can go as an unneccesary luxury on the wage bill. Has done absolutely nothing wrong but has not added significant 'quality' to the squad or club profile that I believe the chairman thought he would.

Edwards, Keohane, Hoban, Ball, Jackson etc. overlooked in even extreme injury crises so almost certainly not going to make the grade at this level.

Just my opinion of course. Love playing this Championship Manager!!

Failing to realize why people would keep Skuse? My opinion of course but he's like a little girl with no footballing ability at all.

Totally agree and he should IMO score a lot more goals. As it is he can't shoot for toffee.

GK Henderson Sign one (Joe Lewis Peterborough? Out of contract I think although the goals against record doesn't look pretty this season). (2)

Move on Gerken and DJ to free up wages if he'll move on.

RB Sign Billy Jones plus one. (2) Move on Hunt, Edwards.

CB Fontaine plus Carey (final year). Sign two. (4) Move on Nyatanga, Stewart, Wilson (unless he proves fitness), Danny Ball (or is he a right-back?)

LB MCallister. One signing. (2)

MF Adomah, Woolford. One wide signing. Ribeiro (if he can prove fitness) to be given central midfield position plus three midfield signings. (6)

Move on JCR, Sproule, Johnson, Skuse, Elliot and cisse, Hoban, Keohane.

FW Stead, Pitman, Maynard. One signing. (4)

Move on Keough, Clarkson, Jackson.

So that's 19 departures through sales, out of contract releases or full season loan moves.

That allows for 10 quality signings which gives a squad of 20 quality senior professionals which is too small so an additional 4 speculative young' up and coming' signings would be needed. The DJ issue is debatable. He's still a quality keeper, he seems to have fitted in and could even contribute to a new coaching set-up but the argument against is that moving him on releases wages and there might still be an element of new and old squad members being a bit stifled by his presence.

What SL has to think about is if there is going to be a big shake-up of the squad with 19 out and 14 in then who is the best person to make those changes to move on the quantity and recruit the quality that's needed?

Archived