IGNORED

Preston

Pete1975Legend

Been giving this a bit of thought and I think we need to support the back four a bit whilst getting our wingers to stay out on the wing, so for me I would go:

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

CM - Johnson

LM - Woolford

ST - Keogh

Subs:

Pitman

Gerken

Stewart

Sproule

Edwards

Jackson

Clarkson

Come on you reds we owe Phil Brown!!!

Been giving this a bit of thought and I think we need to support the back four a bit whilst getting our wingers to stay out on the wing, so for me I would go:

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

CM - Johnson

LM - Woolford

ST - Keogh

Subs:

Pitman

Gerken

Stewart

Sproule

Edwards

Jackson

Clarkson

IMHO, you must have more than one striker to feed from the two wingers..... Woolford will also push forward as an extra threat

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

LM - Woolford

ST - Pitman

ST - Keogh

I wonder what kind of Game Billy Jones will have? :whistle2:

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

CM - Johnson

LM - Woolford

ST - Keogh

Subs:

Pitman

Gerken

Stewart

Sproule

Edwards

Jackson

Clarkson

I've come to the conclusion that you MUST be Lee Johnson in disguise, if not that then one of the clan.

We're playing bottom of the league, we've got to go for it!

-----------------James--------------------

Carey-Caulker-Fontaine-Mcalister

------------Johnson-Elliot---------------

Adomah------------------------Woolford

------------Pitman-Keogh----------------

Subs-

Gerken

Stewart

Cisse

Sproule

Clarkson

Edwards

Jackson

Although we are now missing a total of 7 players!

JCR (Hamstring)

Skuse (Toe)

Stead (Ankle)

Ribiero (Hamstring)

Nyatanga (Achilles)

Maynard (Knee)

Rose (Back and Hamstring)

I'm off at 7am tommorow, come on you reds!

---------------James---------------

McAllister--Culker--Fontaine--Skuse

Woolford---Elliot---Johnson--Adomah

--------Pitman-----Keogh-----------

Bench

Gerkin

Sproule

Maynard (Give the fans a boost which in turn will get them behind the team)

Carey

Cisse

Jackson

Lennox

I think The defence that played the second half looked more solid than the first, for all the criticism of him from some quarters Macca made difference when he came on and Fonts is better than Stewart alongside Caulker. I would be tempted to play Cisse in the midfield, LJ had a very poor game Tuesday and I say that as a fan, Cisse is stronger and I think we can afford two defensively minded midfield players with Woolford coming in. Keogh and Pitman up front of course. I am a little worried about Albert, am I the only one who notices how much he favours his right leg towards the end of games? He is going to be up against a player with a point to prove as well, maybe he should at least share his duties with Ivan?

Im glad someone else as noticed the constant love this poster has for little Lee.

Also interesting he has chosen to have Cisse and Elliot in a 5 man midfield to carry his little mate.

To be fair we have shipped 9 goals without reply so it's obvious we need to shore up the back!!!

If your going to get so negative about it bring woolford into the middle and stick sproule on the left.

There you go does that satisfy all the LJ bashers!

I think there is very little chance of it being anything other than:

James

Carey - Caulker - Fontaine - McAllister

Adomah - Elliott - Cisse - Woolford

Pitman - Keogh

As someone mentioned earlier, the fact we have the attacking Woolford on the left means we need Cisse instead of Johnson in the middle as LJ can't defend for toffee. What were the quotes in the interviews, "we have to win the battle first"?

A curve ball would be to play Sproule on the right and Adomah up front as Pitman has looked off the pace recently but I think Keef will be keen to get a partnership flourishing between Keogh and Pitman.

Thats what I'd go with. I just believe it more important not to lose than to go "all out" for a win.

------------------------------------------JAMES------------------------------------------------

CAREY----------------CAULKER-----------FONTAINE-------------MCCALLISTER

------------------------------------------CISSE-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------JOHNSON------------ELLIOT--------------------------------------

ADOMAH------------------------------------------------------------------------WOOLFORD

------------------------------------------KEOGH--------------------------------------------------

Subs: Gerken, Sproule, Stewart, Pitman, Clarkson + 2 others

....................james.........................

carey........caulker.......fontaine..............mccalister

...................cisse.................................

........elliot...................woolford.................

sproule......................................adomah

....................pitman/keogh.................

Thats what I'd go with. I just believe it more important not to lose than to go "all out" for a win.

------------------------------------------JAMES------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------CISSE-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------JOHNSON------------ELLIOT--------------------------------------

ADOMAH------------------------------------------------------------------------WOOLFORD

------------------------------------------KEOGH--------------------------------------------------

Thats my football manager formation.......

I can see Cisse for Johnson and he was poor in the first half against swansea but equally as poor as elliot campball ryce stewart fontaine carey and pitman so to singal him out for the defeat is a disgrace

------------------------------------------JAMES--------------------------------------- ---------

------------------------------------------CISSE--------------------------------------- ----------

---------------------------JOHNSON------------ELLIOT---------------------------------- ----

------------------------------------------KEOGH--------------------------------------- -----------

Yes spot on - Adomah and Woolford coming in to be the second striker when necessary, and Johnson going out wider on the right.

-----------------------------------ELLIOT-------CISSE-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------CLARKSON------------------------------------------

Subs: Gerken, Sproule, Stewart, Pitman, Jackson

Thats my football manager formation.......

I can see Cisse for Johnson and he was poor in the first half against swansea but equally as poor as elliot campball ryce stewart fontaine carey and pitman so to singal him out for the defeat is a disgrace

Can't disagree too much with that.

I feel we need to re-think this 2 up top formation we have though. We are trying too hard to fit the formation around the players rather than the players around the formation.

City don't have technically good enough players to play a rigid 4-4-2. What we are good at is working hard (getting men behind theball), knicking the ball and hitting teams on the break. By having more players in the middle of the park allows us to do this.

James

Carey Caulker Fontaine McCallister

Adomah Cisse Elliott Woolford

Keogh

Pitman

Girkin

Sproule

Clarkson

Edwards

Jackson

Stewart (unfortuantely)

Johnson

If skuse was fit he would start in stead of elliott who should def be dropped to the bench as he's been terrible lately and the rest may do him good.

No creativity in the middle but with johnson we look so wide open and we can't lose this game.

Here'e to a scrappy 1-0 win from a woolford beauty

-----------------------------------ELLIOT-------CISSE-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------CLARKSON------------------------------------------

Subs: Gerken, Sproule, Stewart, Pitman, Jackson

I like that one but I wouldn't have clarkson in that postion as I can't see him coming deep to collect the ball from Cisse or Elliot,

I'd sub him for ether johnson or Keogh (leaning on the side of Keogh and having pitman upfront feeding off him)

I like that one but I wouldn't have clarkson in that postion as I can't see him coming deep to collect the ball from Cisse or Elliot,

I'd sub him for ether johnson or Keogh (leaning on the side of Keogh and having pitman upfront feeding off him)

Yeah i was thinking having clarkson as a centre midfielder bit yeah we could have keogh as a attacking midfielder

This is the team I think Millen will go with

-------------------------James----------------------------

Carey-------Caulker----------Fontaine------Mcaliister

Adomah------Elliot------------Cisse--------Woolford

----------------Keogh----Clarkson-----------------

With Clarkson sometimes dropping back to make a 4-4-1-1

This is the team I think Millen will go with

-------------------------James----------------------------

Carey-------Caulker----------Fontaine------Mcaliister

Adomah------Elliot------------Cisse--------Woolford

----------------Keogh----Clarkson-----------------

With Clarkson sometimes dropping back to make a 4-4-1-1

Clarkson in ahead of Pitman? Really???!!!!

Wow.

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

CM - Johnson

LM - Woolford

ST - Keogh

Subs:

Pitman

Gerken

Stewart

Sproule

Edwards

Jackson

Clarkson

I'd agree with that, and unfortunately,that is our current best side. God help us with inconsistent Johnson & Elliott in the side though

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

CM - Johnson

LM - Woolford

ST - Keogh

Subs:

Pitman

Gerken

Stewart

Sproule

Edwards

Jackson

Clarkson

Ive been thinking the same thing. We need to go 5 in midfield and make sure we are solid. Adomah and woolford can push on to give keogh support when we have the ball and when we dont keep shape and make us hard to break down

We're playing bottom of the league, we've got to go for it!

-----------------James--------------------

Carey-Caulker-Fontaine-Mcalister

------------Johnson-Elliot---------------

Adomah------------------------Woolford

------------Pitman-Keogh----------------

Subs-

Gerken

Stewart

Cisse

Sproule

Clarkson

Edwards

Jackson

Although we are now missing a total of 7 players!

JCR (Hamstring)

Skuse (Toe)

Stead (Ankle)

Ribiero (Hamstring)

Nyatanga (Achilles)

Maynard (Knee)

Rose (Back and Hamstring)

I'm off at 7am tommorow, come on you reds!

why do so many people assume that playing one up-front instead of two is defensive?

Its not. Barcelona, Arsenal, and Chelsea have scored a few goals with it over the last few years....

IMHO, you must have more than one striker to feed from the two wingers..... Woolford will also push forward as an extra threat

GK - James

RB - Carey

CB - Caulker

CB - Fontaine

LB - Macca

DM - Cisse

RM - Adomah

CM - Elliott

LM - Woolford

ST - Pitman

ST - Keogh

I wonder what kind of Game Billy Jones will have? :whistle2: