IGNORED

Us

Jordan Tansley

I would agree with this, yet the Swansea game was the opposite.

We had a team that were what, top three, a big away support and a night game that normaly helps with the atmosphere. Add the

Anglo Welsh rivalry and yet we were still sat on our hands.

My question would be is why are we so quiet and all too ready to accept what's happening.

I agree, and I've no answers.

My only thought is that Swansea were just so good at keeping the ball they managed to silence a silent crowd!!

Sometimes in a game one good hard challenge or a bad foul ignites the crowd, even that didn't happen until the 50 th minute.

Agree with the poster who said the unity between fans and clubs that we had under GJ has been lost. I haven't seen many games since the playoff season (away at uni) but really since about say April 2009 to the present, with one or two exceptions that I have experienced (Middlesborough at home) and one or two that I haven't but have heard good things about (QPR and Reading) from what I could gather the atmosphere has been flat as it ever has been. We do need to get some sort of atmosphere back though.

theres not a crowd in the land that would fanatically get behind the sort of garbage that is being served up at AG at present. with the odd exception we have been so bad at home for over 12 months and people are basically gutted with whats going on and you can see it in people faces when their watching the tosh on the pitch. we have been destroyed at home so often its painful, often by sides who arent exactly world beaters i.e milwall and boro and also sheff weds who i thought were dire.

it starts on the pitch and the minimum you need is 100% effort. that isnt there, bar 1 or 2 players, so what the hell are the fans supposed to do. take tuesday we hardly saw the ball for the first 10 mins and even worse didnt even get close to making many tackles. we werent working hard enough. im sick of hearing how good swansea were, although good we made them look like barca, if they were that good they'd be out of sight at the top of the league. and how inept must millen be, it was obvious even before the swans scored he should of just tucked pitman in on the left and bring ryce inside to go 4-5-1 even without changing the personnell at that stage just to get a foothold.

so many mistakes from the top down for quite a while now, its heart breaking. GJ should of gone after the cardiff 6-0, chasing coppell when he obviously wasnt desperate for the job then the knee jerk reaction to allow a rookie manager the chance to cut his teeth at championship level have left us with an imbalanced squad who provide f'all VFM and is made up of players who clearly arent inspired by the manager and a set of long suffering fans who arent inspired by either the players or the management team.

theres not a crowd in the land that would fanatically get behind the sort of garbage that is being served up at AG at present team.

Do you remember the 9 losses in a row? I forget which number in the sequence it was, but Chesterfield at home. Real siege mentality in that game is what springs to mind. We were a worse side then but the hardcore really, i.e. the 9-10,000 who will come down to the ground comewhatmay- even at 4-1 down, got behind the side who eventually turned it round.

I agree, and I've no answers.

My only thought is that Swansea were just so good at keeping the ball they managed to silence a silent crowd!!

Sometimes in a game one good hard challenge or a bad foul ignites the crowd, even that didn't happen until the 50 th minute.

My thoughts are that people have buried their heads in the sand, telling themselves that there wasn't anything to worry about and all would be fine. There was even talks of the play offs not that long ago.

We have to wake up and realise how serious the situation is we've got ourselves in, but this, I think, has to come from the pitch.

I pray the Maynard will come back to save us from what seems a perfectly timed dive into the doo doo. :fingerscrossed:

Good luck everybody.

Do you remember the 9 losses in a row? I forget which number in the sequence it was, but Chesterfield at home. Real siege mentality in that game is what springs to mind. We were a worse side then but the hardcore really, i.e. the 9-10,000 who will come down to the ground comewhatmay- even at 4-1 down, got behind the side who eventually turned it round.

i was there. we werent really getting behind the team though, more behind the club but i take your point. on from that though, the bradford game where we bust a gut and then lois put through his own net and we lost 1-0 was the one that was the start of the fight back. the following sat we went out and tore into then top huddersfield and beat them 2-0 with all 9k city fans roraing them home. the difference between the bradford/huddersfield game and what were getting now was bodies on the line and lung busting effort allied with a manager with passion and charisma who we knew was taking on a dressing room drinkiing culture head on. that is a million miles away for most of what our players/management are currently producing.

i was there. we werent really getting behind the team though, more behind the club but i take your point.

It's the club that's important to me, my allegiance is to the club. To me our players are often no more than mercenary wretches - a means to an end - we need more calibre players to get us back to the top flight of English football. In the meantime, thanks to continuing underachievement, we're in a battle to stave off relegation instead of a battle for promotion. The fact that we're facing relegation is a disgrace considering all the money invested in the current squad.

I will make this point before I start this thread properly; I don't want this to turn into a "superfan" vrs "fickle glory supporter" bitch fight... I'd love some well thought out responses and some genuine views without the usual vitriol and bile... too much to ask?

Ok, Back on track.

Is it time for the fans to stand up and be counted?

I understand the usual answers to this question, "they're payed extortionate amounts to play" "If they give us something to shout about, we will" but this club is clearly in need of a change of attitude.

If Lansdown/Keith/The players are not willing to provide the first lift, the first catalyst then it must become our resposibility. We are the ones who stand to lose out if we are relagated... Lansdown will still be mega rich, Keith will still have his pay off/ coaching Qualifications to fall back on and the Players will find another club... We will be the ones watching League 1 football unless we now make the effort.

This "call to arms" would probably have been better suited to a few weeks ago or long before the Preston game... Alas, it is not... But we as fans must now try to grab our team by the scruff of the neck and force them to play for OUR shirt. It is not too much to ask for a few songs, a bit of encouragement and less "moans and groans" at the first missplaced pass of the night.

loudmouth eastender tried against swansea but short of support,

me and 2 sons will try double hard against leeds,

slow reds go marching started something,

but next saturday i will go one step furthur,

either me and 2 others(sons),or 500 more,

that loud mouthed baldheaded knob will be me,***

totally agree jordan,t or bust

I understand that "people have the right to moan" and I do not begrudge anyone of that, But as far as I can see it does nothing to motivate the players to try harder or concentrate more... if anything it makes them more nervous and negative... something our squad is usually pretty good at anyway.

It's all very good coming on here for a moan and lambasting every level of the club, But the fans are also performing "turgidly" and if we want to be able to hold our heads high when we question the other fascets of the club surely we should at least be doing all we can?

We need to rekindle that "seige mentality" that every club who pulls out of a relegation battle has. I understand Ashton Gate has NEVER been the most vocal of stadiums, but even the east end have gone deadly quiet this season... Gone are the days when they'd sing about the plug in the dolman, because they're leaving before anyone else!!!

Someone or something has to happen to pull this club back together, so why can it not be us? or are we happy to be dropping like a stone?

I'm not for one second saying that the players or management deserve excessive vocal support, but the club NEEDS it. If we can provide a lift and help create an atmosphere where the lads feel confident to play then half the battle is won!!!

I may be shot down as preaching, I may be portrayed as a "superfan" but as far as I can see, this club needs a lift starting at Leeds (A game where even the most positive fan shouldn't predict us getting much from) Even if we're getting beaten, lets just get behind them!! Relegation effects US more than THEM... so lets do our best to tell them that we don't want them to allow it and that if they dont, we will be grateful.

totally agree jordan,

loud mouthed eastender +2 will be singing louder than ever,

always believed this is the best way forward,when we are down.:chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez:

I will make this point before I start this thread properly; I don't want this to turn into a "superfan" vrs "fickle glory supporter" bitch fight... I'd love some well thought out responses and some genuine views without the usual vitriol and bile... too much to ask?

Ok, Back on track.

I understand the usual answers to this question, "they're payed extortionate amounts to play" "If they give us something to shout about, we will" but this club is clearly in need of a change of attitude.

If Lansdown/Keith/The players are not willing to provide the first lift, the first catalyst then it must become our resposibility. We are the ones who stand to lose out if we are relagated... Lansdown will still be mega rich, Keith will still have his pay off/ coaching Qualifications to fall back on and the Players will find another club... We will be the ones watching League 1 football unless we now make the effort.

This "call to arms" would probably have been better suited to a few weeks ago or long before the Preston game... Alas, it is not... But we as fans must now try to grab our team by the scruff of the neck and force them to play for OUR shirt. It is not too much to ask for a few songs, a bit of encouragement and less "moans and groans" at the first missplaced pass of the night.

I understand that "people have the right to moan" and I do not begrudge anyone of that, But as far as I can see it does nothing to motivate the players to try harder or concentrate more... if anything it makes them more nervous and negative... something our squad is usually pretty good at anyway.

It's all very good coming on here for a moan and lambasting every level of the club, But the fans are also performing "turgidly" and if we want to be able to hold our heads high when we question the other fascets of the club surely we should at least be doing all we can?

We need to rekindle that "seige mentality" that every club who pulls out of a relegation battle has. I understand Ashton Gate has NEVER been the most vocal of stadiums, but even the east end have gone deadly quiet this season... Gone are the days when they'd sing about the plug in the dolman, because they're leaving before anyone else!!!

Someone or something has to happen to pull this club back together, so why can it not be us? or are we happy to be dropping like a stone?

I'm not for one second saying that the players or management deserve excessive vocal support, but the club NEEDS it. If we can provide a lift and help create an atmosphere where the lads feel confident to play then half the battle is won!!!

I may be shot down as preaching, I may be portrayed as a "superfan" but as far as I can see, this club needs a lift starting at Leeds (A game where even the most positive fan shouldn't predict us getting much from) Even if we're getting beaten, lets just get behind them!! Relegation effects US more than THEM... so lets do our best to tell them that we don't want them to allow it and that if they dont, we will be grateful.

Agree with this!

Ok, Back on track.

I have to agree with the above.

As we all know the issue of season ticket renewal is upon us, and although some of the displays this season have left me wondering if that money could be better spent, the fact is i love Bristol City and BCFC is bigger than the sum of its current parts, and therefore the club needs my support so i will renew.

Agree with lots of comments on here. But does all seater stadium have any place to play in a so called lack of atmosphere. When people harp on about the old East end etc it was all standing. Even now its evident that the in loudest area most of the people are stood up.

I believe there is a link, definately. Hopefully the fight to bring in "safe standing" areas will be won by the time our stadium is built and we could perhaps have a singing area in which we can stand safely and create the atmosphere we all want at AV.

Archived