IGNORED

Billy Jones

Brislingwood Red

Played Left wing back first half and was their most creative attacking force, I lost count of the number of dangerous crosses he put in in the 30 min period after our goal where we were undoubtedly "defending for our lives".

Didnt really see much of him defensively in the first 45 but he clearly kept Adomah under wraps

He was moved to right back in the second half at which point we switched our point of attack to our right (their left) and didn't see much of him after that,

from what I saw of him would really add something both defensively and creatively from either RB or LB to any squad (hopeuflly ours in the summer?? :fingerscrossed::innocent06: ) and busted a gut to overlap at every oppurtunity - something which we have really been lacking down both flanks, particularly since Ribs' latest setback.

Possibly the only bright spark from a Preston point of view this afternoon

I cant see why Preston would let him go on loan till the end of the season then have to release him when they could of took a 'big offer' from us in jan.

I find it absolutely crazy that they rejected bids for ANY of their players during the window particularly those such as Jones, Lonergan etc who are clearly too good to be playing at League 1 level when they have made it clear that they won't be signing extensions come the end of the season,

This sentiment was reaffirmed whilst driving away form the ground listening to their local phone in during which every PNE fan spoke simply of preparing for life in League 1...

The bottom line as far as I can see it is... why let a player (probably amongst the higher earners at the club) waste half a season in a team that is already effectively resigned to relegation only to leave for nothing when that reality is confirmed? Surely it makes more sense both in a business and footballing sense to take the large amounts of money offered as well as getting the higher earners off the bill???

Very strange indeed..

In response to your point I got the impression that Millen suggested we may look again in the summer (when he's out of contract).

City were obviously after him during the window, hence the couple of bids, but how did he play today? What position did he play exactly?

Billy Jones really is a big name player - BILLY JONES was this club's very first England international way back in 1901 !!!!!!!! :dancing6: Billy Wedlock followed in becoming this club's second player to win an England cap.

I have just seen the goals, don't know if he was involved but their defeding for all 4 goals is shambolic.

but then this theory could make Caulker bad seeing as he played when Boro beat us 4 nil. Over the radio his name was mentioned a lot in the first half and seemed one of the main reasons Woolford switched onto the right.

If we are going back in for Jones end of the season i would ask about St Ledger as well.

His poor form this season which inc. a spell at Mboro might put off the bigger clubs in this division.

Still only 26 Irish Int. get this fella back to his best we would have a top defender on our hands.

Replacement for Caulker perhaps?!

Archived