IGNORED

Football Gone Mad!

EmersonsKev

remember reading somewhere that during the 70s upto maybe early mid 90s the first names of wba managers went abit like this don ron don ron donnie john johnny ronnie

Ha ha, brilliant.

71-75 - Don Howe

75-77 - Johnny Giles

77-77 - Ronnie Allen

78-81 - Ron Atkinson

81-82 - Ronnie Allen

82-84 - Ron Wylie

84-85 - Johnny Giles

85-86 - Nobby Stiles

86-87 - Ron Saunders

87-88 - Ron Atkinson

88-91 - Brian Talbot

91-92 - Bobby Gould

92-93 - Ossie Ardiles

So it's Don, Johnny, Ronnie, Ron, Ronnie, Ron, Johnny, Nobby, Ron, Ron, Bobby, Ossie (if we take out Brian).

Ha ha, thanks for pointing this out red marc - brilliant.

I was gobsmacked when I saw this. Not quite on a par with the Newcastle sacking but not far off. They were on a bad run but like others have said. What do they expect? Mid table in the prem !?!?! This is rediculous - perhaps something went on behind closed doors?

You do wonder what some of the chairmen of these newly promoted sides expect.

They must assume that because they finished top of the Championship, they should therefore be comfortably mid-table in the PL. Time and time again this happens, and it very rarely, if ever, improves the situation.

All hypothetical I know, but let's put ourselves in West Broms position....How many on here would be clamouring for change, for fear of relegation from the Premier League?

West Broms loss will easily be someone elses gain. Alas, I fear it wont be ours.

You do wonder what some of the chairmen of these newly promoted sides expect.

They must assume that because they finished top of the Championship, they should therefore be comfortably mid-table in the PL. Time and time again this happens, and it very rarely, if ever, improves the situation.

All hypothetical I know, but let's put ourselves in West Broms position....How many on here would be clamouring for change, for fear of relegation from the Premier League?

West Broms loss will easily be someone elses gain. Alas, I fear it wont be ours.

Sorry about duplicate Internet playing up!

No need to be hypothetical about it- last season? Sure it is a difference in divisions, standards and so on but the principle the same. Two sides in trouble, slipping towards a relegation battle, but arguably punching above their weight and definitely in a better position than they were found. Were there big calls for Johnson to get the old heave ho.

I mentioned on another thread about relegation candidates from the Championship and said i thought the board at the Blades were bonkers; well, there is now a rumour going round Micky Adams, in his job for 6 'long' weeks, is on slippery ground... he is already their third gaffer this season. dear oh dear; we have a lot of numbskulls running the English game. disapointed2se.gif

I mentioned on another thread about relegation candidates from the Championship and said i thought the board at the Blades were bonkers; well, there is now a rumour going round Micky Adams, in his job for 6 'long' weeks, is on slippery ground... he is already their third gaffer this season. dear oh dear; we have a lot of numbskulls running the English game. disapointed2se.gif

Sheffied United is a big surprise to me because I thought - at the beginning of the season - they would be candidates for promotion this season. How very wrong I was.

Yeah, they are surprise strugglers somewhat. Sacking Blackwell after 2 games- panic button or what- can't have helped though!

There not surprised strugglers at all. I know plenty of Utd fans who were saying Blackwell should of been sacked last season. Played a game of hoofball with players out of position etc. Was terrible for them and should of gone earlier. They knew this was coming to them.

Archived