IGNORED

Team For Leeds

Eastend Fan

Can only see him as a super-sub, too dodgy to get him on from the start, he'll get kicked about with the possibility of further damage and will need to be sub'd anyway before the 90 mins are up.

If needed, he can be brought into the game late to add a bit of passion and take some defenders away from Albert/Pitman/Keogh/Wooley/Clarky and open some space, maybe even get a chance of one of his 'special' goals?

-----------------James------------------->Carey-----Caulker------Fonts--------Macca>----------Elliot-------Cisse---------------Pitman----------Clarkson---------Woolford-------------------Keough--------------------

Thats about right I reckon if Millen sticks with 4-3-3.

Maynard and Albert on the bench.

-----------------James-------------------

Carey-----Caulker------Fonts--------Macca

----------Elliot-------Cisse---------------

Pitman----------Clarkson---------Woolford--

-----------------Keough--------------------

thats what I'd of thought.

Woolford played on the right of a 3 in the 2nd half at Preston so not sure if he'll carry on with that.

Absolute no brainer that he has to play the same players in the same shape as he did in the second half at Deepdale, therefore:

-------------James--------------

Carey--Caulker--Fontaine--McCalister

--------Cisse--Elliott----------

Woolford----Clarkson-----Pitman

------------Keogh-------------

You'd hope so wouldn't you.

-----------------James-------------------

Carey-----Caulker------Fonts--------Macca

----------Elliot-------Cisse---------------

Pitman----------Clarkson---------Woolford--

-----------------Keough--------------------

I like this very much, looks dangerous for the other team.

I'm a little disapointed we have to drop Albert from the starting line up but I don't see Kieth having any choice, he's a victim of his own success seeing as teams double up on him now :( second half super sub maybe?

Suppose you could drop Keogh, play Albert on the right and have our best finisher where he is most comfortable, in front of goal (Pitman).

I like Brett an awful lot, but I have seen nothing from him that he could play up front on his own, or be in the middle of a wide three. Off the ball he offers very little, which is fine because he scores goals.

He looked dangerous coming off the left wing against Preston, it's the same sort of role Henry had at arsenal, cutting inside and creating opportunities for himself to unleash that deadly shot of his.

Personally think the energy and touch of Keogh is absolutely vital to this formation and especially important against teams like Leeds.

I wasn't at Preston so I will bow down to your actual experience of watching that game.

I am not convinced though that Pitman can play the "Henry role" as he doesn't have the pace and his finishing inside the box is too good to be wasted out wide, even if his role would be cutting in.

On the other hand Woolford is capable of playing there, although slightly further back.

From what I have seen of Keogh, which isn't that much he is decent cover, has a good first touch but is defo behind Stead if both were fit.

A decent headache for Keith and with Nicky on the bench there's plenty of goals in the team.

I wasn't at Preston so I will bow down to your actual experience of watching that game.

I am not convinced though that Pitman can play the "Henry role" as he doesn't have the pace and his finishing inside the box is too good to be wasted out wide, even if his role would be cutting in.

On the other hand Woolford is capable of playing there, although slightly further back.

From what I have seen of Keogh, which isn't that much he is decent cover, has a good first touch but is defo behind Stead if both were fit.

A decent headache for Keith and with Nicky on the bench there's plenty of goals in the team.

I wasn't there, My opinion stems from the highlights and reading the extensive reports from those who did make the trip.

I personally think that Pitman's best position is to play in a two, but that doesn't best serve the teams current form or predicament in the league. So, as a sacrifice Pitman would be best utilised as a left "inside forward" to coin a position from yester year.

I agree on Keogh, but seeing as Stead is not fit Keogh is our best option as the "link up forward" dropping deeper and linking midfield to attack and bringing the likes of Pitman, Woolford and Clarkson into the game.

It's nice to have these problems I suppose, now the injuries have subsided somewhat. Keith has to find the happy medium of getting the most out of our obviously talented "offence" whilst not sacrificing our shape to the point where we are vulnerable at the back.

I wasn't there, My opinion stems from the highlights and reading the extensive reports from those who did make the trip.

I personally think that Pitman's best position is to play in a two, but that doesn't best serve the teams current form or predicament in the league. So, as a sacrifice Pitman would be best utilised as a left "inside forward" to coin a position from yester year.

I agree on Keogh, but seeing as Stead is not fit Keogh is our best option as the "link up forward" dropping deeper and linking midfield to attack and bringing the likes of Pitman, Woolford and Clarkson into the game.

It's nice to have these problems I suppose, now the injuries have subsided somewhat. Keith has to find the happy medium of getting the most out of our obviously talented "offence" whilst not sacrificing our shape to the point where we are vulnerable at the back.

:clapping: Couldnt agree more.

Personally i wouldnt want Keogh dropping deep and linking the play. Its very important in the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation that he stays up top and keeps there 2 centre halves busy. Let Clarkson be the link man from defence to attack and then arrive late into the box to attack the spaces provided by Keogh. Along with this it is important for Woolford or Pitman to join in depending on which side we are attacking from. As you said it is certainly a nice dilemna for Keith with the options he has. When i now look at the potential bench i see Maynard,Sproule,JCR,Skuse,Albert and potentially Stead, now that is a good bench to be looking at when needing to make a sub! Obviously you would have to fit a keeper and defender on there to,but hey, decisions, decisions!

GK James

RB Carey

CB Caulks

CB Stewart

LB Fonts/Macca

DM Cisse

CM Elliot

CAM Clarky

RM Woolford

LW Pitman

ST Keogh

Only reason for the change is the ariel threat Leeds pose. Much as I like Macca/Fontaine I would rather have a presence like Stewart at CB.

Agree this is the likely starting lineup after Preston last Sat

Maynard on the bench probable. To come on second half to replace either Pitman or Keogh, depending on how they are playing (or injuries).

Archived