IGNORED

Leeds Fans Everywhere Today

CARLE08

I don't care what anyone says, call me a thug whatever but Leeds got what they deserved today, the Stewards did well in looking the other way an letting what happened happen, if you are big enough to stand up giving it the big un in the home end, you are big enough for a hiding.

Well written, I'm no lover of stewards but they did well today.

those done at chelsea / baadiff will have no bearing at all on that welsh game next month, there will be thousands of normal fans, as we call them, going to the game who will drink and get involved if need be. just think that today they were to slow to react to the trouble or just hought , **** it hey they deserve it

any truth that those leeds that ran from williams f block(MOT leeds 70% block) broke the 100m sprint record? **** me they were quick to get away. so much for being past masters at sitting on their hands!!!

Arnt you banned from being a certain distance of a ground with these banning orders?

I have no doubt that the police knew what might happen. There were a group of them in riot gear in Cumberland Road when I parked the car and I asked them if they were aware of the rumours that a lot Leeds fans had tickets in the home fans' areas.

They said that they were aware and if the away fans caused trouble, they (the police) would also be those areas.

And so they were, but not very quickly, it seems.

I was sat next too one, could tell he was a leeds supporter But no trouble. Just sat there with his kid and enjoyed the game.

And that is the way it should be. If he's minding his own business, it's only fair that he's left alone and allowed to sit and watch the game, we've all done it at some point.

Agree with the majority, the ones acting up got exactly what they deserved. They clearly thought we are some sleepy little club where they could come in and take liberties without any comeback.

Seems to me that the old bill are more than happy to let it kick off, film it, do a bit of homework and then nick whoever's responsible at a later date. Have you any idea how powerful their cameras are inside AG? Having heard all about the potential for skirmishes in the stands on here and other forums, I bet they are hunched over a considerable ammount of footage whacking off at this very moment.

I'd agree, it also saves them having to wade in to the crowd and actually do some work, as opposed to sitting back and watching it all unfold whilst filming it. In a few weeks, expect to see a page in the EP and on the A&S police website full of faces of people they're trying to track down.

I find it odd that people think common assault will not be the subject of police action. The fact this guy bought a ticket in an away ground he probably does not know and celebrated a goal does not seem to be cause to allow laws to be broken. Misguided he certainly was but was he looking for trouble or just that misguided? might he have been of below average intelligence? Certainly when I have sat in the away end I have normally remained quiet- but as a youngster and clearly very misguided I naively asked some Millwall fans in their stand whether they were more interested in the football or cheering the group that was climbing the fence to get to the City fans in the Old Den open end. It was made clear that I should keep quiet and I did for the rest of the game though had to watch a a group of neanderthals throwing coins at some OAP City fans in the same stand. I was lucky clearly this Leeds fan was not and if he threw the first punch than he must be pretty thick - if he did not then I am not sure why people are condoning what hapened- have him kicked out yes but many on one ?

I find it odd that people think common assault will not be the subject of police action. The fact this guy bought a ticket in an away ground he probably does not know and celebrated a goal does not seem to be cause to allow laws to be broken. Misguided he certainly was but was he looking for trouble or just that misguided?

It depends on how the law will be interpreted because being in a football home end and celebrating a goal by the opposition could be interpreted as inciting violence. If the Leeds supporter was arrested outside for the affray he sparked off he could yet be prosecuted.

You'd think that WW3 had broken out judging by the reaction.

Guy gets a kicking in a football ground for being an idiot, just as your lot would if the positions were reversed.

Williams lads being very brave until they realised that yes, those Leeds fans really would come and get them if allowed and smash their smug little faces.

I was stood in the corner area, which was of course quite empty due to the bizarre practice of not allocating seats, and just twenty yards from it all. I never felt a muscle twitch such was the lack of malevolence.

Immensely standard stuff barely worthy of note.

The shame was that it was about all the atmosphere that was available. Easily in the bottom few games of the season for that, and a 3/10 from our own supporters' perspective.

You'd think that WW3 had broken out judging by the reaction.

Guy gets a kicking in a football ground for being an idiot, just as your lot would if the positions were reversed.

Williams lads being very brave until they realised that yes, those Leeds fans really would come and get them if allowed and smash their smug little faces.

I was stood in the corner area, which was of course quite empty due to the bizarre practice of not allocating seats, and just twenty yards from it all. I never felt a muscle twitch such was the lack of malevolence.

Immensely standard stuff barely worthy of note.

The shame was that it was about all the atmosphere that was available. Easily in the bottom few games of the season for that, and a 3/10 from our own supporters' perspective.

You probably couldn't see what was happening in the Dolman. It really was nasty. I wouldn't say the idiot got all that he deserved but he has no sympathy from me.

I agree with the atmosphere. Probably would give your lot 4/10 on occasion. We had to put up with awful football (for countless games in a row) and a 0-2 loss so no surprise we didn't make any noise.

However, I'm looking forward to S****horpe far more as they normally bring quite vocal, if small, crowd.

As someone already observed, if they really wanted to get to our lot then all they had to do was hop over the foot high board, not pretend to through a four deep line of cops and stewards. Posturing from wnkers of both sets of supporters

Police kettled the Leeds hooligan fans yesterday, if there was any sign of them getting near the pitch they would of reacted, it not as simple as just jumping over a foot high board

Police kettled the Leeds hooligan fans yesterday, if there was any sign of them getting near the pitch they would of reacted, it not as simple as just jumping over a foot high board

Yeah, I saw that. It really wasn't much on either side. The Robocops didn't even have their visors down.

Walking away from the ground afterwards was as comfortable as Cheltenham away. Which is good, because all banter apart, that's the way it should be.

Archived