IGNORED

Hit And Hope

Southcote Red

That's all we seem to do.

We have no ball players, no one that can put there foot on the ball in the middle of midfield and pick a pass. WTF do they do in training 5 days a week is what worries me if they cant do the BASICS.

It does seem an English thing though, watch some Spainsh or Italian football, if a pass isnt on 9 times out of ten they will play it simple untill they can play that killer ball. Im not talking about top flight continental football either, they do it in in there lower leagues aswell. We seriously need to do what Swansea have done and try and look for some of these sort of players beacause players like Elliot and Skuse arnt going to get any better.

Shit day for this club made even shitter by dirty northeners running riot in OUR home ends. Embarassing. Hope they all get a hiding out in town later on.

We have no ball players, no one that can put there foot on the ball in the middle of midfield and pick a pass. WTF do they do in training 5 days a week is what worries me if they cant do the BASICS.

It does seem an English thing though, watch some Spainsh or Italian football, if a pass isnt on 9 times out of ten they will play it simple untill they can play that killer ball. Im not talking about top flight continental football either, they do it in in there lower leagues aswell. We seriously need to do what Swansea have done and try and look for some of these sort of players beacause players like Elliot and Skuse arnt going to get any better.

Correct- it is intrinsic in the footballing culture of this country (though it is changing at the top level and has been for a little while now)- in terms of a lack of patience. Perhaps it stems from coaches, the crowd or some other factors but probing, patience and waiting for the right ball rather than a 'forward' ball regardless of whether it is suited to the situation. Would also add that I've seen us as I'm sure we all have playing it backwards or sideways- only to then hit a long ball forward which really is utter pointlessness personified!

things seemed to change once adomah came on what ever happens this season he has been our one bright for the future as a younster just think what future he has - also sell maynard (with the other strikers we have) for £5m and make sure we sign caulker we just cant lose him solid in defence

Shit day for this club made even shitter by dirty northeners running riot in OUR home ends. Embarassing. Hope they all get a hiding out in town later on.

I agree... Everything is hit and hope with City. 50/50 balls, with the hope of picking up the scraps. No control whatsoever.

DJ, was trying to play the ball out to his defenders and midfield. Everyone had there back to him. On many occassions, he shrugged in frustration and just ended up hoofing it upfield. Players don't want the ball. Too scared of making a mistake. There confidence in their own ability must be shot.

things seemed to change once adomah came on what ever happens this season he has been our one bright for the future as a younster just think what future he has - also sell maynard (with the other strikers we have) for £5m and make sure we sign caulker we just cant lose him solid in defence

Not so solid today.....got done for the 1st....and was one of many culprits for the 2nd. Sell Maynard ?...our only proven goalscorer capable of 20+ goals in a season. No ty.

A bad day all round. Forget it and move on is best i think. This is shaping up to be a year to forget,, on and off the pitch.

PDG

Archived