IGNORED

It Needs Explaining To Me?

Rob k

Look, last week Woolford played the first half on the left and wasn't involved too much before switching to the right in the second half and playing very, very well. We went on to score three goals and Pitman and Woolford both looked comfortable on their respective flanks. It's not actually that unbelievable at all that he started out there when you think about it.

Because it worked against Preston when they were already one down.

Which is a pretty poor reason but it was one that was fairly widely supported on here before today's game, laughably.

you say laughably but its what the manager decided was right.

Are you saying the manager is laughable?

you say laughably but its what the manager decided was right.

Are you saying the manager is laughable?

The manager was just wrong.

The forum wankfest about 433 and playing Clarkson as some sort of midfielder and Woolford right side because of one result against the worst side in the division was laughable.

The forum wankfest about 433 and playing Clarkson as some sort of midfielder and Woolford right side because of one result against the worst side in the division was laughable.

thats what the manager decided was the best way to start.

how is it laughable for fans to say it but not laughable when the manager actually does it?

for once, he has a point. Pretty much the ONLY team selection called for was the one Millen started with...

But I suppose you wanted a 4-4-2 and kept that opinion quiet?

Remind me who is the manager/tactical genius/team selector/coach with all his badges. it matters not a jot what we think, he apparently picks the team, the set up, tactics, substitutions and he got it wrong and not for the first time, if he is swayed but what the fans want we are in worse trouble than any of us thought.

<br />The manager was just wrong.<br /><br />The forum wankfest about 433 and playing Clarkson as some sort of midfielder and Woolford right side because of one result against the worst side in the division was laughable.<br />

If Louis hadn't gone off I wonder how much longer he'd have stuck with things before making changes?

thats what the manager decided was the best way to start.

how is it laughable for fans to say it but not laughable when the manager actually does it?

Because I expect his reasons for doing so are not the same as the very naive ones espoused by some people on this forum.

It matters little because it was obviously wrong.

The real mistake was waiting for the second goal to confirm this, it should have been changed at half time or even before.

Who would you have picked then Nibor? You clearly weren't there last week but if you had been I'd be amazed if you would;ve picked any other team than the one playing today after the second half performance. We ripped them to shreds and it was the best football we'd played for ages. What was he supposed to do go back to 4-4-2?

Remind me who is the manager/tactical genius/team selector/coach with all his badges. it matters not a jot what we think, he apparently picks the team, the set up, tactics, substitutions and he got it wrong and not for the first time, if he is swayed but what the fans want we are in worse trouble than any of us thought.

And you'd probably say the same thing if he wasnt listening to the fans... the man cant win! hindsight is a lovely thing my friend.

And you'd probably say the same thing if he wasnt listening to the fans... the man cant win! hindsight is a lovely thing my friend.

Absolutely not any self respecting manager who allows fans to dictate selections, substitutions, tactics etc. won't remain a manager for very long and certainly shows the lack of belief in himself.

Absolutely not any self respecting manager who allows fans to dictate selections, substitutions, tactics etc. won't remain a manager for very long and certainly shows the lack of belief in himself.

I think England coaches from Sven onwards have been very much swayed by fans/media so its not as if Millen is alone in this regard.

Who would you have picked then Nibor? You clearly weren't there last week but if you had been I'd be amazed if you would;ve picked any other team than the one playing today after the second half performance. We ripped them to shreds and it was the best football we'd played for ages. What was he supposed to do go back to 4-4-2?

Yes. We weren't playing Preston and already a goal up today.

How often has 433 with a striker out wide on the left actually worked for us?

Yes. We weren't playing Preston and already a goal up today.

How often has 433 with a striker out wide on the left actually worked for us?

I've responded in the other thread now but how can you say dropping Clarkson, our best player in that game who scored 2 goals, was the right move?! That would have been a ludicrous decision and would quite rightly have been bemoaned. Going back to the 4-4-2 that we have been so shit in in recent weeks was hardly an inspiring option. Playing the team and formation that did so well in the second half last week was the only thing Millen could do.

Agree and I do think Millen is a bit too influenced by fans sometimes. Whereas GJ was far too bullheaded.

I think there's a balance to be had in between those two, sometimes things do need to be explained to fans (particularly when they're problems that are very obvious) but you don't need to appear to react quite so much either..

I hope Millen picked the team today for what he thought were the right reasons and made a genuine mistake. I hope he learns from that mistake like he has learned from others.

We weren't awful today either, we had five or six chances where we should really have scored, but it must be remembered that four or five of those came after bringing on Adomah.

I've responded in the other thread now but how can you say dropping Clarkson, our best player in that game who scored 2 goals, was the right move?! That would have been a ludicrous decision and would quite rightly have been bemoaned. Going back to the 4-4-2 that we have been so shit in in recent weeks was hardly an inspiring option. Playing the team and formation that did so well in the second half last week was the only thing Millen could do.

No, it wasn't the only thing Millen could do at all and it proved to be a mistake didn't it?

I understand it, but it was wrong. I'm not interested in saying told you so, but 433 isn't successful for us because we don't have the right players for it, I've said that fairly consistently.

We need to pick a system, and maybe one more attacking and one more defensive variation on that system, learn it thoroughly and recruit players into it. Not swap it around so much.

Did you notice the number of passes to nowhere or the number of times two players went to the same man today?

We weren't awful today either, we had five or six chances where we should really have scored, but it must be remembered that four or five of those came after bringing on Adomah.

who might only of played that well because he'd had a break at Preston and a break today. We'll never know but theres more to management than picking the 11 best players

The logic is the same for all of us. But what has logic got to do with it? King Gustav Vasa (16th century) only trusted people with documented luck.

Don't kiss my ass cause no one got a clue.

Archived