IGNORED

It Needs Explaining To Me?

Rob k

First of all thats where he played in the second half last week, and he and the team played really well. Now I assume you're going to say 'But Leeds are better then Preston', yes. Yes they are, but what was Millen meant to do? Just abandon a system that gave us our only bright spark in weeks? If he would have gone back to 442 today and lost then every single person on here and at the ground would be asking why he didn't stick with what was so sucessful for 45 minutes at Deepdale. And as for having a left footer on the right, Leeds did exactly the same thing and it seemed to be OK for them.

who might only of played that well because he'd had a break at Preston and a break today. We'll never know but theres more to management than picking the 11 best players

I'd agree that Adomah has looked like he needed a break, and yes there's more to it than picking the 11 best players.

I'll never agree that picking players in positions they are not comfortable with is a good idea in anything other than an emergency though.

And I've never subscribed to the "never change a winning side" view either.

First of all thats where he played in the second half last week, and he and the team played really well. Now I assume you're going to say 'But Leeds are better then Preston', yes. Yes they are, but what was Millen meant to do? Just abandon a system

that gave us our only bright spark in weeks? If he would have gone back to 442 today and lost then every single person on here and at the ground would be asking why he didn't stick with what was so sucessful for 45

minutes at Deepdale. And as for having a left footer on the right, Leeds did exactly the same thing and it seemed to be OK for them.

Brian tinnion once played well for us in goal, he did not play there the next week as he was a better left sided midfielder.

We could easily have been two or three goals down at half time at Preston but then we suddenly became world champions. That's not odd. Credit to the manger. No credit to thier naanager. Credit to the mangare. nO CREDIT TO THEIR MANGARE. cREDIT TO THE MANAGER. NOT cREDIT TO THE MANAGER. cREDIT TO THE MANAGER. nO VREDIT TO THEIR NA MANAGER. Phil Brown is crap. Keith Millen is a genious. Second half that is because first half PB was close to becoming a genious (Like in his hull days). It's all about attitude ans seconsdly about skill.

The manager was just wrong.

The forum wankfest about 433 and playing Clarkson as some sort of midfielder and Woolford right side because of one result against the worst side in the division was laughable.

What is seemingly more astounding, however, is that Millen would position the players in those positions a couple days after the discussion was on the forum. Or have I missed a key bit of prior strategy from Millen?

When I hear of Woolford being played out right I only recall what he said when he first arrived at AG a couple weeks ago and that was this 'i am an OUT AND OUT left winger'

Who cares about the manager? He is not playing after all. In some cases he has never played (not kicked the ball in the rigt direction anyway). When at work do you care about insaniyty of the words your for whatever reeaso he/she is there meniak is telling you??

You need to go easy on that Elk Brew fella.

No, it wasn't the only thing Millen could do at all and it proved to be a mistake didn't it?

I understand it, but it was wrong. I'm not interested in saying told you so, but 433 isn't successful for us because we don't have the right players for it, I've said that fairly consistently.

We need to pick a system, and maybe one more attacking and one more defensive variation on that system, learn it thoroughly and recruit players into it. Not swap it around so much.

Did you notice the number of passes to nowhere or the number of times two players went to the same man today?

Yeah because that never usually happens. We've been piss poor in recent weeks and couldn't even get the ball let alone keep it against Preston in the first-half last week.

You've not responded to my Clarkson question and I still find it amazing that you'd have dropped him today. I didn't see you commenting on the threads leading up to the game saying playing that system again would be wrong or that you'd drop Clarkson. I'm not neccessarily saying that was not your view but how on earth can you justify dropping your MOM who also scored 2 goals? You can't in my opinion.

I don't think 4-3-3 is the right system for us when everyone is fully fit considering the strikers we have but after last weeks genuine show of promise I think it would've been insane for Millen to do anything other than what he did today. You have to remember Adomah has been very poor in recent weeks and while he was always going to suffer a drop in form at some point he can't be guarenteed a starting place every week.

Agree and I do think Millen is a bit too influenced by fans sometimes. Whereas GJ was far too bullheaded.

I think there's a balance to be had in between those two, sometimes things do need to be explained to fans (particularly when they're problems that are very obvious) but you don't need to appear to react quite so much either..

I hope Millen picked the team today for what he thought were the right reasons and made a genuine mistake. I hope he learns from that mistake like he has learned from others.

We weren't awful today either, we had five or six chances where we should really have scored, but it must be remembered that four or five of those came after bringing on Adomah.

My assessment of Millen has unwavered, he was an average player, who went on to become an average coach (inspite of his qualifications) and is well on the way to becoming an average manager.

He will always be guilty by association for at least the last 18 months/2 years of turgid performances, that is unescapable he was the coach. There are differences between him and his predecessor, he is'nt as fiery, he is probably more thoughtful and he does have a reasonable eye for talent. However there are too many similarities he is showing the trait of signing players and then playing them out of position, being very slow to react to what is happening on the pitch when things are going wrong and usually making changes when it is too late. He has rarely got his tactics right from the word go, which is rather worrying because presumably he must have an idea of how our opponents will set up and play tactically and apart from the 2nd half last week against pants opposition, everytime he has set up the team to play differently it has failed, 442 is the only set up that has shown any results albeit inconsistent.

We could easily have been two or three goals down at half time at Preston but then we suddenly became world champions. That's not odd. Credit to the manger. No credit to thier naanager. Credit to the mangare. nO CREDIT TO THEIR MANGARE. cREDIT TO THE MANAGER. NOT cREDIT TO THE MANAGER. cREDIT TO THE MANAGER. nO VREDIT TO THEIR NA MANAGER. Phil Brown is crap. Keith Millen is a genious. Second half that is because first half PB was close to becoming a genious (Like in his hull days). It's all about attitude ans seconsdly about skill.

I don't care if your a city fan all the way from Sweden. You talk so much crap it's unreal.

My assessment of Millen has unwavered, he was an average player, who went on to become an average coach (inspite of his qualifications) and is well on the way to becoming an average manager.

He will always be guilty by association for at least the last 18 months/2 years of turgid performances, that is unescapable he was the coach. There are differences between him and his predecessor, he is'nt as fiery, he is probably more thoughtful and he does have a reasonable eye for talent. However there are too many similarities he is showing the trait of signing players and then playing them out of position, being very slow to react to what is happening on the pitch when things are going wrong and usually making changes when it is too late. He has rarely got his tactics right from the word go, which is rather worrying because presumably he must have an idea of how our opponents will set up and play tactically and apart from the 2nd half last week against pants opposition, everytime he has set up the team to play differently it has failed, 442 is the only set up that has shown any results albeit inconsistent.

You are very gracious saying he has an eye for talent; it might just be Wigley who finds these little 'gems' people rave about.

Absolutely ridiculous today. I don't care what system / personnel we played at Preston. Today we were playing at home and against a different side. Our player of the season (for me, Adomah) left out when we have been crying out for a left winger to add balance, then Millen plays him on the right. Im sorry but that is just sheer incompetence.

If anyone argues that Adomah needs a rest then they need their bloody heads read... if he looks tired, he needs a kick up the rear. Loads more people than him doing far more strenuous jobs over 6-7 days per week, do they get a rest...? No. Anyway I thought he played ok when he came on which suggests he's not that tired.

Millen - you seem a nice enough fella but you just cant cut it, so at the end of this shambolic season, please do the honourable thing.

Absolutely ridiculous today. I don't care what system / personnel we played at Preston. Today we were playing at home and against a different side. Our player of the season (for me, Adomah) left out when we have been crying out for a left winger to add balance, then Millen plays him on the right. Im sorry but that is just sheer incompetence.

If anyone argues that Adomah needs a rest then they need their bloody heads read... if he looks tired, he needs a kick up the rear. Loads more people than him doing far more strenuous jobs over 6-7 days per week, do they get a rest...? No. Anyway I thought he played ok when he came on which suggests he's not that tired.

Millen - you seem a nice enough fella but you just cant cut it, so at the end of this shambolic season, please do the honourable thing.

Spot on. Is KM really that naive that he can`t recognise that Scunny and Leeds are two completely different challenges ? I still firmly believe we have enough in the locker to stay up, as someone else stated somewhere, more because of the inadequacies of those below us than our ability to take care of business ourselves.

Watched online today and even in GJ`s last throws i can`t remember a poorer performance bar for the last quarter of the game. Not much choice but to soldier on with what we have for now but i would be looking at making a change in the summer. Sorry KM thankyou but no thankyou.

PDG

Archived