IGNORED

Today

Nibor

Asymmetrical winger I guess- get opposing full back on wrong foot, give him some more to think about and then enables (attacking) full backs to get more space to join the attack. It's a tactical ploy increasingly seen at higher levels.

http://www.guardian....ide-out-wingers

OK interesting.

So Woolford is the next Marc Overmars. Excellent except, from those who were at the game today, it seems nobody told him the tactic or maybe he threw a strop; after all, he did say loud and clear when he came what his position was.

Who cares; the loaf forgot to rise in the oven.

OK interesting.

So Woolford is the next Marc Overmars. Excellent except, from those who were at the game today, it seems nobody told him the tactic or maybe he threw a strop; after all, he did say loud and clear when he came what his position was.

Who cares; the loaf forgot to rise in the oven.

May not have been appropriate tactic to deploy based on the personnel available, however that was most likely Millen's line of thinking rightly or wrongly...

Bottom line is, flexibility and versatility are a necessity in the modern game, as I've said many times before.

Am I the only one who thought leeds were rubbish?

4 shots all game and their midfield was easily over-run by our midfield which has a general consensus of being our weakest area. Very lucky blocks on the line, a few poor shots from us. A decent goal out of nothing and a bit of a lucky goal through James' legs. Another day we would of thrashed that 3-0 quite easily.

Woolford I thought showed he will be a threat. Showed some nice touches, and nice flicks but they wernt really needed when 2-0 down at home. Clarkson did ok, better than normal, but not quite as good as last week.

To be fair to Leeds they looked more organised than us at the back, but certainly no better. McAllister didnt help by kicking it as far as he could every single time he got the ball.

It would have been James, Carey, Caulker, Fontaine, McAllister, Adomah, Cisse, Elliot, Woolford, Keogh, Pitman in a 442.

Nobody out of position, strongest defence we have, attacking wingers balanced by aggressive midfield.

If we were overly concerned about the opposition we could have played Johnson instead of Pitman, he usually does better with two people alongside him.

Exactly what I would have picked. Leeds are not Preston. Their strength is their wingers so we should have matched them if only to restrict their freedom against our poor full backs. Instead Snodgrass had the freedom to run at McAllister and waltzed past him wih ease. Leeds' weakness is their defence. Lo and behold in the first half we put no pressure on them at all and played at walking pace to suit Clarkson. Yet again Millen sent the players out looking totally flat but staggeringly he did not change at half time. The change and improvement came too late. Are all those badges leading Keith to try to be too clever to prove his credentials?

4 shots all game and their midfield was easily over-run by our midfield which has a general consensus of being our weakest area. Very lucky blocks on the line, a few poor shots from us. A decent goal out of nothing and a bit of a lucky goal through James' legs. Another day we would of thrashed that 3-0 quite easily.

Woolford I thought showed he will be a threat. Showed some nice touches, and nice flicks but they wernt really needed when 2-0 down at home. Clarkson did ok, better than normal, but not quite as good as last week.

To be fair to Leeds they looked more organised than us at the back, but certainly no better. McAllister didnt help by kicking it as far as he could every single time he got the ball.

Didn't think Leeds were the best team at AG this season but rubbish ??

I doubt if they've had an easier game all season. No good playing when you're 2-0 down with 25 minutes to go.

Good ole Macca heh!!

We have shown we can mix it with the best this season so as far as i am concerned this division is pretty close on ability from top to bottom; probably closer than it has been for many a year. Therefore, by a reasonable definition of ability and considering he has had an entire season (-1), Millen will be the 17th best manager in this division after 46 games, if that is where we end up.

May not have been appropriate tactic to deploy based on the personnel available, however that was most likely Millen's line of thinking rightly or wrongly...

Bottom line is, flexibility and versatility are a necessity in the modern game, as I've said many times before.

I'll accept that, for what I know and see. It would be better, of course, if the said tactic worked more often than not.

No passion, no urgency, players played out of position, formation wrong (considering opposition), no tactical organisation, apart fro

that it was great!

The lack of urgency is the worst bit for me. Yet again we came out flat and played at walking pace for 45 minutes. Is there a connection between Keith's extremely dull demeanour and the lack of any motivation or tempo at the start of almost every game? Surely not. :innocent06:

Archived