IGNORED

Player Ratings

CITYRED

Couldn't get to the game for work reasons, but from what I saw on the telly Caulker and Fontaine let Snodgrass wriggle past them for the first goal and James could have done much better for their second.

Notwithstanding how well they played in the rest of the game, I think that should be a minus point for all three. Saw enough of the action on the FL show to realise that Macca was far and away the worst fender though.

Sorry but I also totally agree with Riaz, McAllister had an absolute mare yesterday, personally I wouldnt give him 2? Both goals came down his side (At one stage Pitman was playing left back!!!).

Grayson had done his home work because most of their attacks went down there right where he knew we were weakest?

At the end of the day we have to say that we just have NOT got any full backs in the true sense of the word as Louis is more a central defender? This lack of proper full backs also restricts are attacking potential as neither Louis or Mac are particularly quick or good crossers of the ball.

For what its worth here is my ratings - done in the cold light of a wet Sunday morning

James 3

McAllister 1

Carey 4

Caulker 6

Fontaine 5

Elliott 4

Cisse 4

Woolford 3

Pitman 5

Keogh 2

Clarkson 4

Maynard 3

Adomah 5

Millen & Wigley - Totally tactically naive, so would rather not comment (AGAIN)

Glenn Scmidt - 8 - For the the good hearted half time banter I shared with our fitness coach!!!! dancing6.gif

Sorry but I also totally agree with Riaz, McAllister had an absolute mare yesterday, personally I wouldnt give him 2? Both goals came down his side (At one stage Pitman was playing left back!!!).

Grayson had done his home work because most of their attacks went down there right where he knew we were weakest?

At the end of the day we have to say that we just have NOT got any full backs in the true sense of the word as Louis is more a central defender? This lack of proper full backs also restricts are attacking potential as neither Louis or Mac are particularly quick or good crossers of the ball.

For what its worth here is my ratings - done in the cold light of a wet Sunday morning

James 3

McAllister 1

Carey 4

Caulker 6

Fontaine 5

Elliott 4

Cisse 4

Woolford 3

Pitman 5

Keogh 2

Clarkson 4

Maynard 3

Adomah 5

Glenn Scmidt - 8 - For the the good hearted half time banter I shared with our fitness coach!!!! dancing6.gif

I thought the first goal came down the middle, obviously watching a different game to you.

Did Jamie Mac have an outlet down the left with our new winger Brett Pitman out there for an hour or so ?

I thought the first goal came down the middle, obviously watching a different game to you.

Did Jamie Mac have an outlet down the left with our new winger Brett Pitman out there for an hour or so ?

did Louis Carey have an outlet? No. No need for anyone to make excuses for him tho.

This excuse is a load of bollocks. 9 times out of ten he won't even look for the short ball, just lumps it.

James 3

McAllister 1

Carey 4

Caulker 6

Fontaine 5

Elliott 4

Cisse 4

Woolford 3

Pitman 5

Keogh 2

Clarkson 4

Maynard 3

Adomah 5

These ratings are a little harsh! We had as many chances as them but they just took theirs! Agreed McAllister had a poor game and the first goal was awful defending all round, but we were no worse than 5's and 6's today. Though Adomah did well when he came on. On another day we could have got something out of that game. Why do people have to be so negative! We have played a lot worse than that this season, believe me!

did Louis Carey have an outlet? No. No need for anyone to make excuses for him tho.

This excuse is a load of bollocks. 9 times out of ten he won't even look for the short ball, just lumps it.

Sorry, not really sure what your point is re. Carey, presumably you're saying he's as bad as MacAllister in your eyes cos he 'lumps it' ?

If there's no one short to pass to, I guess other options have to be looked at one of which is lumping it up the wing and hoping one of the other forwards will make a run.

I thought Jamie Mac was good first half, both attacking-wise and defensively, but got done by Snodgrass more than once 2nd half, as was pointed out by Steve Claridge last night.

The first goal, snotarse had far too much time, however he finished extremely well and took both centrebacks to the cleaners.

If you look at the second goal, on helping out McAllister Pitman clears the ball from the left flank, across goal ( I got told as a kid not to do this, he subsequently pushed up and left McAllister exposed, he then had to deal with 3 Leeds players in close proximity, which he didn't, he did his usual dive in and the rest is history.

Two things about that, firstly Pitman is not a wide left player (yep it worked against the mighty Preston for 45 mins) and McAllister needs replacing, I can't see what he offers apart from being left footed!

James-4 (nearly gifted them a goal at the end, should have done better for the 2nd etc)

Carey-6 looked ok until his ealry departure

Caulker-6 couple of sloppy touches, might have done better for the 1st goal, always looked a threat from set pieces; not his best game and looked frustrated towards the end.

Fontaine-7 thought he looked good today, showed he is a footballer with some intelligent runs and passes forward, could have done better for the 1st goal though.

McAllister-3 Poor distribution, poor positional awareness and some bad decision making, it's time he was replaced and soon.

Cisse-7 didn't do much wrong and looked confident on the ball, looking like he may actually offer us something afterall.

Elliot-7 thought he ran tirelessly putting in some great tackles, showed the passion that I wish the rest of the team had.

Woolford- 4.5 disapointing home debut, arguably played out of position although he played there sometimes for Scunny. I hope he comes good but flicks and tricks are not what yesterday needed, more to come (fingers crossed).

Clarkson-5 can't fault his effort and got into some decent positions but he looked better defending than he did going forward, gone in the summer, maybe?

Keogh-5 I wasn't at Preston but I hear he was good?!?! He makes some intelligent runs but he's very easily pushed off the ball, I hope Steads recovery is shorter rather than longer.

Pitman-5 he's not a left sided player, he's a goal scorer.

Albert-7 looked threatening everytime he had the ball- PLAY HIM.

Maynard- wasn't on long enough, but great to see him back, Leeds looked worried by him just being on the field at times.

Tactics/management-3. What works away from home against a piss poor team as good as relegated doesn't necessarily work at home aginst a team full of confidence looking at automatic promotion.

Naive is not the word.

James 3

McAllister 1

Carey 4

Caulker 6

Fontaine 5

Elliott 4

Cisse 4

Woolford 3

Pitman 5

Keogh 2

Clarkson 4

Maynard 3

Adomah 5

ummm actually from where i was sitting the 1st goal came right through the middle of our defence, both caulker and fontaine were put on their backsides by snodgrass.......sorry all to familiar story......same happend when pratley scored for swansea, couple of ricochets our defence unable to deal with and planting the ball past a stranded james

James 7 - Class save first half, unlucky with 2nd goal.

Carey 7- Probably my motm before coming off

Caulker 7 - Reliable

Fontaine 5 - Should've done much better for 1st goal

McAllister 4 - just plain poor so predictable with the ball, no offensive threat and gives away posession/ poor fouls

Cisse 6 - Average, good hustle and bustle about him but played much like Elliot

Clarkson 5 - Pretty ineffective imo

Elliott 5 - Very similar game to Cisse however 1st touch was pretty poor

Woolford 6 - Average and wasted on the right

Keogh 4 - Should've been screaming for the ball when his back was to goal. Too many times just backed away and didn't want the pass.

Pitman 6 - Poor first half, better 2nd.

Adomah 7 - injected some much needed pace

Maynard 6 - Didn't expect him to be able to change the game in all honesty

James 7 - Class save first half, unlucky with 2nd goal.

Carey 7- Probably my motm before coming off

Caulker 7 - Reliable

Fontaine 5 - Should've done much better for 1st goal

McAllister 4 - just plain poor so predictable with the ball, no offensive threat and gives away posession/ poor fouls

Cisse 6 - Average, good hustle and bustle about him but played much like Elliot

Clarkson 5 - Pretty ineffective imo

Elliott 5 - Very similar game to Cisse however 1st touch was pretty poor

Woolford 6 - Average and wasted on the right

Keogh 4 - Should've been screaming for the ball when his back was to goal. Too many times just backed away and didn't want the pass.

Pitman 6 - Poor first half, better 2nd.

Adomah 7 - injected some much needed pace

Maynard 6 - Didn't expect him to be able to change the game in all honesty

went straight through his legs!!!!

James 6- Did not actually have that much to do, apart from pick the ball out of the net twice thanks to rubbish defending. But did pull of some good saves at other times.

McAllister 3 - The lumper, useless and hope his contract is terminated this summer

Carey 5 - His legs have definately gone now and is out of date.

Caulker 6 - Best player for me in the game as always, got some great headers and did well to keep Becchio quiet.

Fontaine 3 - May aswell not turn up, useless and brainless. Hope he is gone in the summer

Elliott 2 - Waste of space and a complete t*** deserves a smack to wake up and put effort in. Another I hope goes in the summer

Cisse 3 - Did nothing but lose the ball constantly

Woolford 3 - Poor home debut for him, but I see talent in him with his movement and positioning

Pitman 5 - Played out of positiion So I can't blame him, I did enjoy his volley though that just hit the side netting.

Keogh 5 - Got control of the ball well but nobody around him to take the ball from him

Clarkson 2 - Like a little girl, too scared to challenge and seems to be 5 seconds behind the actual game. Waste of space also, hope he goes.

My apologies to Jamie Mac and all those that have pointed out my error reference the first goal? Yes indeed the goal did come down the middle but as for our OTHER three defenders and Calamity James - Muppet defending????

As for my marking yes it is a tad harsh but I am afraid it is based on my utter frustration at present???

We were far better than the Swansea performance BUT there are times when we are still making schoolboy errors which have now cost us 8 home league defeats?

James- 5

Carey- 6

Caulker- 6

Fontaine- 6

McAllister- 4

Woolford- 3

Cisse- 7

Elliott- 7

Pitman- 4

Clarkson- 3

Keogh- 5

Adomah- 7

Maynard- 6

James- should have done better with 2nd goal.

Carey- another solid performance, best RB at the club atm.

Caulker- didn't do much wrong but got made to look an idiot by Snodgrass.

Fontaine- see Caulker.

McAllister- did OK 1st half but get creamed 2nd.

Woolford- was useless although he was up against a very good LB in McCartney.

Cisse- Excellent in midfield but struggled at RB.

Elliott- Best game for a while.

Pitman- not a LM/LW, completely ineffective.

Clarkson- was in there to create or get beyond Keogh, he did neither.

Keogh- an intelligent player and works hard but needs service from midfield.

Adomah- had the rest that he desperately needed, has to play.

Maynard- Only when he came on did we look dangerous, good to see him back.

BCAGFC

Mcallister (as ever) Elliot and Clarkson are the weak links in this team.

Cisse had his best game for us yesterday and their's more to come from him. Would like to see him next to a playmaker in a 442 flanked by Woolford and Adohma next season.

Im slowly loosing my love for Marv. Has only shown glimpses of his best in the last couple of seasons and cant see him getting this form back anytime soon. Terrible touch cant pass a ball and spends all game wining back what he gave away in the first place.

James 3

McAllister 1

Carey 4

Caulker 6

Fontaine 5

Elliott 4

Cisse 4

Woolford 3

Pitman 5

Keogh 2

Clarkson 4

Maynard 3

Adomah 5

Or could it be that there most creative player/best player plays on the right with the option of cutting inside?

James 6 Couldn't do much about the goals. A few scary moments.

McAllister 3 Poor defending and lacked quality. Too many aimless hopeful balls.

Carey 6 Steady

Caulker 6 Assured performance, did little wrong and his distribution was thought out.

Fontaine 7 I thought Fontaine played well yesterday, especially in the second half.

Elliott 5 Lots of commitment and running and chasing down, but lacked quality.

Cisse 6 A few errors, but seemed to grow in confidence and gave an average but not oustanding display.

Woolford 5 Made himself available, but poor at getting past his marker. Hope he improves.

Pitman 6 Industrious but lacked quality, but seemed commited.

Keogh 6 Pretty much the same as Pitman.

Clarkson 5 Tried hard, but lacks quality at this level. I fail to see what extra dimension he gave us.

Maynard 5 Average, but to be expected.

Adomah 7 Probably our best player when he came on. Got to the byline, made himself available, and won corners. Good link play too. Had his marker in his pocket.

I got:

1. QPR

2. Forest

3. Cardiff

4. Norwich

5. Leicester

6. Swansea

7. Watford

8. Leeds

9. Millwall

---------------

15. Bristol City